Thread: Gorillaz Faceplate

Default Gorillaz Faceplate

Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if there was much demand for a Gorillaz Faceplate. Does anyone think it would sell on these forums or ebay? Thanks!

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

show us a picture of the faceplate.

Yes, no problem

One just sold for about $50.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Awesome, Thanks for the info! Would Ebay be my best bet?

Quote Originally Posted by slicksupra21 View Post
    Awesome, Thanks for the info! Would Ebay be my best bet?
    Probably. It will help if you have the photo that shows all the plates on the wall that came with the plate. If you can hang on until the first of September, I can get it for you, but I wont' have the money to spend before then (PAX).

Nice!

I don't understand what this has to do with Gorillaz...
    -Dsdude

Quote Originally Posted by Dsdude View Post
    I don't understand what this has to do with Gorillaz...
    At the UK game launch, they stuck 600 faceplates on a wall like bricks, and then had the people who do the graffiti art for the band Gorillaz paint them like a wall. Then, they gave away the plates, along with a picture of the wall so you could find your plate in the picture. Each plate is unique and numbered x/600. They just call it the UK Gorillaz plate because most of the collectors know what that means.

Hey spaceghost, I tried to PM you but I don't have enough posts yet. Are you interested in buying the plate?

For $50? Yeah. But, I have to go to PAX next week and I wont' have money to spend on faceplates until September 2nd or 3rd. If you can wait that long, I'll take it, but if you can't, you'll have to give someone else a chance. I'm getting the Halo Singapore plate from kdub, too (in Sept.).

Yes, I can wait until you get the money for it. There is an area along one of the edges where it appears some of the paint was rubbed off, you can kind of see it in the picture. If you are still interested, let me know. I also have the picture it came with, but it has some creases in it (I'm not the original owner, I purchased the plate a couple of years ago). Thanks!

Guys,
    Another brand spankers one has just come up on ebay in the UK (Item number 190608130782) which is a bit more, but the photo of the faceplates is with it and it says it is brand new and unused...
    Last edited by junk0072; 11-30-2011 at 03:20 AM. Reason: edited due to cheeky white lie

That's Pierre selling that one, isn't it? He's got a ton of stuff up there right now.

Nope. Not Pierre. Which means it's probably Junk0072's since he joined Nov 2011, has two posts, and they're both about this auction.

Junk, if this is yours, just say so.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIMITED-EDIT...item2c612142de

HAA HAA Busted
    I was always gonna come back on today and say it was mine guys, i promise!
    Just wanted to see who's Columbo skills were sharpened yesterday
    Yes it is mine and i am willing to negotiate a LITTLE on the buy it now price if no-one has started the bidding....
    I think it is a fair price though given the rarity of them now. just trying to make a little cash for Christmas and can't justify hanging on to it/them....

(see what i did there at the end?)...

PM me if you are interested.
    Last edited by junk0072; 11-30-2011 at 03:23 AM.

I'm in the same boat except I'm wanting to buy plates right now, not sell them, but the $ won't show up until Dec. 27. By then, all the good stuff people are selling off cheap for Christmas $ will be gone.

I did get an amazing deal on a plate that totally slipped under the radar. I'll show it off once it arrives.

well lets just say it might be a mutual benefit for us to hook up after Christmas still....I may be in a position to help boost your collection still then

Default i have another two Gorillaz faceplates for sale

Im willing to take reasonable offers before they go up on ebay and will take a deal on both if you want.
    mail me on prestodigitator@gmail.com if you want pix

Thread Information