Thread: How about a disc that holds 6 Terabytes?

Default How about a disc that holds 6 Terabytes?

I know a lot of people think that the disk system should be done away with, but those are probably people in quasi-urban areas with decent internet connections. I have a feeling that there is still enough demand for hard copies of things that this next Xbox is going to have some kind of disc system...

So how about this bad boy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc I wouldn't mind a disc drive if the discs have a theoretical maximum size of 6 TB.

Soon we shall have HHDDVVDDBVD's

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ainokeatoo-XBA View Post
    Soon we shall have HHDDVVDDBVD's
    I know! That's why HDDVDs failed, not enough repeated letters!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraft View Post
    I know a lot of people think that the disk system should be done away with, but those are probably people in quasi-urban areas with decent internet connections. I have a feeling that there is still enough demand for hard copies of things that this next Xbox is going to have some kind of disc system...

So how about this bad boy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_Versatile_Disc I wouldn't mind a disc drive if the discs have a theoretical maximum size of 6 TB.
    That would be interesting to see. Not sure if they'd use up all that space for a game. Those Dragon's Lair days are gone.

Feeding my pet moose HaZarD SFD's Avatar

Crap thats cool. Now imagine filling one, then loosing it.

6TB of family photos would make any woman cry lol.

Call me a cynic (an uninformed one probably) but I predict a steady decline and eventual phasing out of physical media! Sure, we'll always have discs around; their capacity will double up as it always has, but I just see digital content (local and cloud storage) taking over the mainstream in the next decade.
    Hidden Content

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

7. Thread Information