Thread: What did you guys think of the Reveal?

Default What did you guys think of the Reveal?

What did you guys think of the Reveal? Feedback?
    Last edited by Kamshaft; 05-22-2013 at 12:53 PM.

XBA Forum Administrator Shawn-XBA's Avatar

Default Re: What did you guys think of the Reveal?

I loved it, I think the Xbox One looks really sleek. Can't wait to see more at E3. I'll post more thoughts later, once I have time tonight
    Last edited by Kamshaft; 05-21-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Watch me on Twitch: Hidden Content
    Subscribe on YouTube: Hidden Content
    Email/Skype: Hidden Content

Feeding my pet moose HaZarD SFD's Avatar

Loved the reveal. I would like to see the inputs and outputs on the back of that unit.

Nice BLURAY! yeah seen that comin. NOT happy about the INTEGRATED Battery for the new controller.

Still iffy about the distance on the wide view 1080p kinect unit they have coming out. I think it will have a range issue for smaller apartments and living rooms.
    IMHO the graphics for the sports games looked kinda shoddy. Was expecting more player detail. FORZA seems like all the detail went into the cars moreso than the tracks and locations.

Would kill for a detailed screen capture of the Xbox One blowout they did to show its internals. Got a small view but it looks to have HDMI, USB, and Optical ports as well as Ethernet.

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

You could say I liked it lol. I think the console itself reminds me of something that was bred between the original Xbox and the 360. I think the console size is huge like the original, but shares characteristics of the 360 slim with the vents and ports, etc. overall I think it's going to be a powerhouse but even though USB 3.0 was mentioned I didn't hear anything about Bluetooth tech that would allow for so much more out of the console.

When the new kinect was showcased my overall joy was met with a mammoth feeling of frustration and I personally think that with such limited applications for this whole multi tasking b.s I feel that this is ms's way of selling millions of kinects to those who have one already or none at all. Wasn't to happy w ms forcing kinect down my throat. From what I gathered you don't have to use kinect but if the inclusion of it is primarily used to boost prices of console sales, that is something I have a problem with that. I'd rather pay $150-$200 less for just the system w/o kinect.

In terms of the games shown i feel that Forza will be a fantastic racing sim and being a launch title just added the price of a c.e. to the console lol. In terms of showcasing the tracks in terms of the cars I'm sure turn 10 will produce environments of mind boggling beauty. Quantum break looks interesting and has become one on the radar. The sports lineup looks good but that's to be expected and really isn't a system selling point imo. What did catch my eye was that ms said there would be 15 exclusives and 8 of them are original ips. I wonder what the other 7 will be but the 8 original ips have me curious as, imo, MS will cater 3 of the 8 originals towards family and leaving the 5 others geared toward a more hardcore crowd, but that's just a guess.

Overall I was impressed and left having more questions that hopefully will be answered particularly with included accessories that will come with the console and what will the quality be? Hopefully E3 will answer more questions.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

http://m.cnet.com/news/xbox-360-game...x-one/57585541

If this turns out to be true 360 owners are going to be really pi$$ed off. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the 360 didn't have all these years under its belt which gave gamers all this time to invest in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric-XBA View Post
    http://m.cnet.com/news/xbox-360-game...x-one/57585541

If this turns out to be true 360 owners are going to be really pi$$ed off. It wouldn't be such a big deal if the 360 didn't have all these years under its belt which gave gamers all this time to invest in games.
    No one is forcing people to throw out their old consoles
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    No one is forcing people to throw out their old consoles
    Right but when you have gamers who have spent thousands of dollars over the years and have developed extensive libraries of games, not being able to play them on Xbox One would be a major hit against ms. For those who buy maybe 1-2 games over a couple years, not having backwards compatible isn't going to mean as much.

As it stands now I've got over 150 games (down from over 300) and if none can be played on Xbox one, why keep them? I'll have to start my library all over again and that makes me a sad panda.

XBOX ONE is going to be using a new Architecture for gaming. It might be hard to get that Architecture to accept the older games. However if they can figure it out before launch I am sure they will implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by HaZarD SFD-XBA View Post
    XBOX ONE is going to be using a new Architecture for gaming. It might be hard to get that Architecture to accept the older games. However if they can figure it out before launch I am sure they will implement it.
    I think that you may be right, I mean how hard would it be to just provide an emulator style compatible feature for the 360 games?

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric-XBA View Post
    Right but when you have gamers who have spent thousands of dollars over the years and have developed extensive libraries of games, not being able to play them on Xbox One would be a major hit against ms. For those who buy maybe 1-2 games over a couple years, not having backwards compatible isn't going to mean as much.

As it stands now I've got over 150 games (down from over 300) and if none can be played on Xbox one, why keep them? I'll have to start my library all over again and that makes me a sad panda.
    So my 500+ games are completely worthless now? Keep the 360...it's not that difficult. It's the same with PS4, they won't natively play PS3 games either.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    So my 500+ games are completely worthless now? Keep the 360...it's not that difficult. It's the same with PS4, they won't natively play PS3 games either.
    You're right man but wouldn't it be nice if ms would allow it? It would easily be a trump card against Sony and their ps whatever lol

Default 500+ games

I don't have nearly that many games, maybe 15 - 20 total of which I play 4 - 5 of. I will keep my box so that I can stream to it in another room and play my old games on it. Also, I doubt the payback from turning in the old box and games will be enough to offset the cost of the new system enough to make it worth it.

Also, is it necessary to have that many games? What percentage are really worth keeping when you have 500 games? Or even a 100?
    Last edited by gamotosou; 05-23-2013 at 05:05 PM.

REMEMBER THIS.

Even though its new Architecture for new games, it can still VERY EASILY be able to play older console games. New Architecture is for the machine to expend its full potential in the new games, however its still 64bit gaming. 360 is 64bit and there should be no way it cannot play 360 games.

I feel there will be 100's of answers still left in the background that are being worked on as they dont want to piss anyone off. i.e the headsets on 360 are incompatible with Xbox One? lol such bs. Its DOLBY DIGITAL and OPTICAL or HDMI. Whatever audio it spits out will work in a damn entertainment center so how the hell can it not work on a damn headset using the same port? yeah thats such a pink fluff of bull doo doo.

As it stands now, I see this next generation as my bow from the gaming world.

I'm not terribly interested in buying another cable box or having a console that needs to be connected to internet in order for me to play anything. I'm guessing that just as there was a price increase with games for this past generation, there probably will be one here. And all the rumors I'm hearing about the pre-owned game fee pretty much ensures you'll be paying $50+ for all games. What's the point?

I'm getting too old to be shelling out hundreds of dollars for something that I'm not going to use that often. I don't use Skype. Probably won't be using the console to watch cable I already pay to have boxes to watch. I was pretty disappointed that at the reveal they chose to embellish on the entertainment factor and show glimpses of games accessible to casual gamers instead of those like us who deserve a bone thrown at us.

And the "always watching, always listening" Kinect is something that worries me. There's a lot of room for the console to dictate to the gamer what is and what isn't acceptable. When did that become a part of the culture?

I think a lot of people are drunk off of the possibilities of what the machine can do. I get it, but my faith in the companies is waning.
    We need a love bomb, to just blow us away, to freakin' blow all the lights out, turning night to day, hear it from miles away, a chance to make it right now, f*ck what the government says,
    We gotta save some lives now, is that OK?
    Hidden Content
    [Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ]

R.I.P. DZNUTZ. One Man We'll Never Forget Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by thAshAdyOne View Post
    As it stands now, I see this next generation as my bow from the gaming world.

I'm not terribly interested in buying another cable box or having a console that needs to be connected to internet in order for me to play anything. I'm guessing that just as there was a price increase with games for this past generation, there probably will be one here. And all the rumors I'm hearing about the pre-owned game fee pretty much ensures you'll be paying $50+ for all games. What's the point?

I'm getting too old to be shelling out hundreds of dollars for something that I'm not going to use that often. I don't use Skype. Probably won't be using the console to watch cable I already pay to have boxes to watch. I was pretty disappointed that at the reveal they chose to embellish on the entertainment factor and show glimpses of games accessible to casual gamers instead of those like us who deserve a bone thrown at us.

And the "always watching, always listening" Kinect is something that worries me. There's a lot of room for the console to dictate to the gamer what is and what isn't acceptable. When did that become a part of the culture?

I think a lot of people are drunk off of the possibilities of what the machine can do. I get it, but my faith in the companies is waning.
    I agree, however, they said the most of the games will be shown at E3 (in a few weeks).

As for Kinect, I can't imagine you'll always need it on and looking at you. I'm sure you'll be able to unplug it and use a controller, will you be able to do the cool stuff with it? No. But, it should work with just a controller just like it does now.

As for the always connected part, that's been dispelled. You won't need it to be always connected. Let's face it things are cooler via the internet. Right?

Food for thought... On a side note, we'll be starting a FAQ thread to help dispel a lot of the false info out there and try and keep it upto date for you guys. You know, do my part.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/sho...ions-%28FAQ%29

Feel free to post questions there on that thread.

Right now, the internet is filled with people that remember the Xbox 360 launch better than is really was. It was a rough start for the 360, they overcame it! Give this "One" a chance.
    Last edited by Kamshaft; 05-26-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Dumbfounded on the lack of backwards compatability. Its not going to help MS at all in sales. However due to the fact they pulled this after PS4 said no BC for their games is one hell of a good move. It might actually help but hopefully right before release PS4 does not change their minds or keep it quiet till launch. It would kill both companies if either did this at the last moment. I think it wont happen but you never know.

I like the fact you can possibly HDMI in to your X1. Would be nice to know if it can record live tv.

Hi,
    I can say there are presentation of machine and not only a controller.
    On the form of reunion, a lot of people see as show for americans with sport and nothing for european and japanese.
    I see a machine for 10 years old, and not for lost money enterprise.
    I see a machine with design lector dvd, and maybe suspiscious on.
    I think it's difficult time for money for all players.
    Cordialement.
    Philippe
    Last edited by oryanphine; 01-20-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Thread Information