Page 27 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads Up!

well i am sorry that you are no longer an MVP that really sucks, but since you arent i would really push the issue about the green panels missing... because that really sucks that is a big part of the whole lauch xbox!!! and if it were me i would be rasing H*** in the nicestway possible

That sucks man, sorry to hear that. Sounds just like the Halo Xbox episode again. If you do decide to go route # 2 I'd be nice to him atleast, hell, maybe the'll hook you up like Bungie did. Hope it all works out.

About the MVP thing:

To make a long story short, a guy in the forums at txb was out of line and I told him to STFU. The people at the MVP program said that was out of line for an MVP. Thing is, MVP is an award, not a "job" or a "position." It's not for stuff I'm doing now. It's for stuff I did last year. What I was told was that my behavior in the situation was noted and would be considered when I came up for renewel again this October 1.

First of all, Xbox MVP's are a little different than the other technical MVP's because of who they interact with. True, it was out of line, BUT, the guy I went off on was so out of control that the mods there banned him and didn't even give me a warning, because every mod there has said something similar to some netmoron at some point. Anyway, it mostly happened because I got defensive about being told what to do when I should have just chilled, and I resigned. About a week later, after hearing from a bunch of MVP's that I shouldn't have resigned and let it blow over, I said to just drop it, but stuff was already in the works to yank me. I WAS told that I would be up for consideration again next October, so maybe I can get it back. God knows, I've sacrificed more time, money and effort this year for the "xbox community" than ever before. Launching the forums, building the database, attending and reporting on events, holding contests and giving out my own stuff and paying my own postage. And the faceplates is actually building a new community out of nothing WITHOUT stealing from some other community.

Anyway.

I'm not going to be "not nice" to Microsoft. I'll raise my voice to stress the importance of the situation, but not in anger. They don't seem to look at this as a problem to be solved (on a bigger scale, not just MY problem). They just seem to accept dealing with the icolated incidents that are becoming less and less isolated. I LIKE Microsoft. I want them to be successful at this. And I've been given a lot by them. But I don't want to take a bullet for them.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    About the MVP thing:

To make a long story short, a guy in the forums at txb was out of line and I told him to STFU. The people at the MVP program said that was out of line for an MVP. Thing is, MVP is an award, not a "job" or a "position." It's not for stuff I'm doing now. It's for stuff I did last year. What I was told was that my behavior in the situation was noted and would be considered when I came up for renewel again this October 1.

First of all, Xbox MVP's are a little different than the other technical MVP's because of who they interact with. True, it was out of line, BUT, the guy I went off on was so out of control that the mods there banned him and didn't even give me a warning, because every mod there has said something similar to some netmoron at some point. Anyway, it mostly happened because I got defensive about being told what to do when I should have just chilled, and I resigned. About a week later, after hearing from a bunch of MVP's that I shouldn't have resigned and let it blow over, I said to just drop it, but stuff was already in the works to yank me. I WAS told that I would be up for consideration again next October, so maybe I can get it back. God knows, I've sacrificed more time, money and effort this year for the "xbox community" than ever before. Launching the forums, building the database, attending and reporting on events, holding contests and giving out my own stuff and paying my own postage. And the faceplates is actually building a new community out of nothing WITHOUT stealing from some other community.

Anyway.

I'm not going to be "not nice" to Microsoft. I'll raise my voice to stress the importance of the situation, but not in anger. They don't seem to look at this as a problem to be solved (on a bigger scale, not just MY problem). They just seem to accept dealing with the icolated incidents that are becoming less and less isolated. I LIKE Microsoft. I want them to be successful at this. And I've been given a lot by them. But I don't want to take a bullet for them.
    that ****in retarted sorry to hear spacey i know u can get it back, if u dont mind me asking what was thins guy ranting about that got u resigned from the MVP status also about the green panels at least u still have the controller and i think it might have to do with people physically modding their xboxs and sending them into MS to get them fixed and have them stripped down and made into normal xboxs but ya that is **** i hope June doesnt give you a kick up the ass good luck with your deals CYA

An update and then I'll answer Jak's question.

My friend at MS found someone with two of the green panels. I am to ship my Xbox to him, and he'll get the panels replaced for me, without it having to go through the repair monkeys again. I am going to hook it up and make sure it's really repaired before I do that though. Wouldn't it suck to get the panels replaced and THEN find out that it still didn't work?

OK, to Jak's question: what did the guy do? The guy was absolutely bashing, bytching and complaining about everything: Xbox, Wii... didn't matter. And if someone said anything, even if they had a valid complaint, this guy would totally blow it out of proportion, making assumptions and painting the picture as bad as it could possibly be. After listening to post after post after post of this, I finally told him he needed a nice, steaming hot cup of STFU. Then I told him that again in 1-2 subsequent posts where he just kept on mouthing off. Finally, TXB banned him. His retaliation was to go to the MVP's and cry that I told him to shut up. True, I had a better recourse. I should have gone to the mods and asked them to get out the axe, and I didn't. Instead, I told him repeatedly to shut his cakehole.

That's why I don't do mod stuff. Even when I had the power at xbox.com I didn't do it. I have a low tolerance for stupidity. and I'd be like Freddie Kruger, offin' morons left and right. Whole forums would be decimated before I could be stopped, lol.

Anyway, what's done is done, and hopefully bustin' my hump for "the people" will be recognized as being much more valuable than telling one smart-mouthed punk to STFU is detrimental. I really enjoyed being MVP, for the people I met, the people I had access to, how it's helped cement me as a community leader, and mostly, just for all the opportunities it presented. The fact that I didn't say "thanks" and walk away, but took those opportunities and used them to make the community even better, will hopefully keep me seriously considered for another year.

Glad your getting your panels back!.
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

My friend at MS found someone with two of the green panels. I am to ship my Xbox to him, and he'll get the panels replaced for me, without it having to go through the repair monkeys again.
    Good to finally hear MS is doing something to compensate for this. MVP or not, this is the kind of treatment that all xbox users should be receiving.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Banned

That's why I don't do mod stuff. Even when I had the power at xbox.com I didn't do it. I have a low tolerance for stupidity. and I'd be like Freddie Kruger, offin' morons left and right. Whole forums would be decimated before I could be stopped, lol.
    i would be thoroughly screwed after my first day

I should have put all this into its own thread instead of messing up the heads up thread.

Anyway, an update. UPS just arrived at my door, bearing two green grills - the ones off my console. They call them an "accessory." Don't get me started. Anyway, they mailed them in a padded envelope and one of the security clips was broken in shipment. I looked it out, and they clip in six places, plus the two ends. so it's only an annoyance. I still can't replace them without voiding the warranty, so I am still going to male the grills and console up to MS and they'll swap them out for me.

So things ARE looking up.

gh0st_r1der is the one donating the WALL-E console, for those of you who didn't figure that out He has nice pics on the way and I should get them posted later tonight. IT ROCKS! The console is signed but not the plate. We agreed that nobody should sign the plate except Andrew Stanton, which is going to be near impossible less than a month from the premiere of the movie.

... bearing two green grills - the ones off my console. They call them an "accessory." Don't get me started. Anyway, they mailed them in a padded envelope and one of the security clips was broken in shipment. I looked it out, and they clip in six places, plus the two ends. so it's only an annoyance. I still can't replace them without voiding the warranty, so I am still going to male the grills and console up to MS and they'll swap them out for me. ...
    BIG mistake, it takes only 30 seconds to remove the grills and replace them with the another ones. And your warranty is still valid. TRUST ME !!!
    I'll make you a video in the next 2-3 days how to do it. Don't send the console to M$FT !!

Quote Originally Posted by gh0st_r1der View Post
    BIG mistake, it takes only 30 seconds to remove the grills and replace them with the another ones. And your warranty is still valid. TRUST ME !!!
    I'll make you a video in the next 2-3 days how to do it. Don't send the console to M$FT !!
    OK. The looked like they should come off, but on the inside, they were sticking to pegs. I'll wait to hear from you before I do anything. Thanks

**EDIT** You said it could be done, and I'm smarter than the average bear. Voila, my Launch Team 360 lives again.

*falls over dead
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 06-11-2008 at 03:18 AM.

Good, Glad that worked out for you. Hopfully you will get your Xbox MVP Status back.
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Registered User tinytoonsbuster's Avatar

Grand Theft Auto 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 Console
    My Wishlist!
    X05 Canada - Maple Leaf Tile
    Star Ocean Japan Faceplate
    Tales of Vesperia Japan Faceplate

I would say that that's a very reasonable price for all that.

Think of it.

$450 for an Elite, with one controller and a headset.
    $30 for the datapad
    $100 for the wireless adapter (not that THAT'S worth that, but it's what it costs)
    $30 for the remote
    $30 for the quick charge kit
    $50 for the mem card (assuming the larger size)

That's $690 just for the tangeable stuff.

It doesn't say if the game is included, but I'd be floored if it wasn't.
    $60 GTA IV game.

Now you're at $750.

$100 easy for the briefcase itself.

Now you're at $850.

It's easily worth another $150 for the branding on the faceplate and the console. That faceplate, being numbered and official, could go for up to $500 alone, if you sold JUST the faceplate.

See, I thought all of those when I got my launch console though, and I got it for $500 WITH the green controller, green hard drive AND the "I Made This" faceplate that's worth $500 all by itself.

Banned

I would say that that's a very reasonable price for all that.

Think of it.

$450 for an Elite, with one controller and a headset.
    $30 for the datapad
    $100 for the wireless adapter (not that THAT'S worth that, but it's what it costs)
    $30 for the remote
    $30 for the quick charge kit
    $50 for the mem card (assuming the larger size)

That's $690 just for the tangeable stuff.

It doesn't say if the game is included, but I'd be floored if it wasn't.
    $60 GTA IV game.

Now you're at $750.

$100 easy for the briefcase itself.

Now you're at $850.

It's easily worth another $150 for the branding on the faceplate and the console. That faceplate, being numbered and official, could go for up to $500 alone, if you sold JUST the faceplate.

See, I thought all of those when I got my launch console though, and I got it for $500 WITH the green controller, green hard drive AND the "I Made This" faceplate that's worth $500 all by itself.
    just wondering mod edward what happened to the my faceplates and my reviews side buttons now i can only see my posts but pimped out in bold HELL YA

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    just wondering mod edward what happened to the my faceplates and my reviews side buttons now i can only see my posts but pimped out in bold HELL YA
    You haven't written any reviews is why the "My Reviews" is gone.

And you haven't made any custom plates which is why "My Faceplates" is gone.

Every morning, the site sill lookthrough the reviews and through the customs in the database, and if you're there, then you'll get a link under your name. If you're not, you don't.

Write a review Thursday and you'll have it Friday.

**NOTE** He was working on it tonight and I see that my reviews are gone, too. (I've done two, so you might have some too for all I know.) Anyway, he's working on it and if they don't show up in the morning, he'll track down the reason.

Banned

**NOTE** He was working on it tonight and I see that my reviews are gone, too. (I've done two, so you might have some too for all I know.) Anyway, he's working on it and if they don't show up in the morning, he'll track down the reason.
    You haven't written any reviews is why the "My Reviews" is gone.

And you haven't made any custom plates which is why "My Faceplates" is gone.

Every morning, the site sill lookthrough the reviews and through the customs in the database, and if you're there, then you'll get a link under your name. If you're not, you don't.

Write a review Thursday and you'll have it Friday.
    ya i was gonna say u lost yours too but anyways i thought the MY FACEPLATES thing was about all the faceplates you had not only customs my bad

Quote Originally Posted by JakofallAces View Post
    ya i was gonna say u lost yours too but anyways i thought the MY FACEPLATES thing was about all the faceplates you had not only customs my bad
    It will be, but for right now it's just customs.

When I upload a plate, I have to put the creator, if I know it. Once I do that, then the plate can be linked to the member.

But for the "my collection" part, we haven't made a way to designate which plates members own yet, so we can't put a link to that under your name. Building a "collection", "wishlist" and "trade list" are going to take more time, and not likely to happen before release. Actually, they WON'T happen before release, because there's no time to test and tweak it.

Banned

It will be, but for right now it's just customs.

When I upload a plate, I have to put the creator, if I know it. Once I do that, then the plate can be linked to the member.

But for the "my collection" part, we haven't made a way to designate which plates members own yet, so we can't put a link to that under your name. Building a "collection", "wishlist" and "trade list" are going to take more time, and not likely to happen before release. Actually, they WON'T happen before release, because there's no time to test and tweak it.
    whatever just keep doing what your doing and i will be there at 12:01am on Tuesday to see it all thanks

Thread Information