Feather, the Zen-Like “Bird Simulator” Takes Flight September 30th
Feather, the zen-like “bird simulator” from Australian dev Samurai Punk, is making its way to Xbox One just a week from now – Wednesday, September 30. With perfect timing, Feather invites both PC and console gamers to leave their worries on the ground and embrace the light-as-a-feather quality of birds in a beautiful, flat-shaded world without enemies, combat or objectives.
In addition to passive online multiplayer – which allows friends old and new to share the joy of flight in real time – the Explorer Update also adds a number of new features and improvements to Feather:
- The game is now fully cross-play – meaning that players will encounter birds (i.e., other players) from all supported platforms.
- A brand new area has been added – hidden deep within the islands.
- 6 new songs and 4 new birds to discover.
- New weather conditions! Some days can get pretty windy ...
- Improved detail.
- Steam: Now with Mac support!
- New renderer is now able to spawn significantly more undergrowth.
- More objects in the world can be perched upon.
- Experience the world from a bird’s-eye view with fluid and responsive controls.
- Explore a vast island with a dynamic weather system and day/night cycles.
- Play with friends in a seamless online multiplayer.
- Fly peacefully without enemies, combat, or threats.
- Enjoy a relaxing ambient soundtrack and sound effects by Mitchell Pasmans.
- Find 9 unique songs hidden around the island.
- Control your bird with gamepads or keyboard and mouse.
Feather will be released a week from today – Wednesday, September 30 for $7.99 – a 20% discount. On October 7, the game will return to its original retail price of $9.99.
Source: Press Release/YouTube