NEWS - Monday, November 3, 2008
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest Delayed
Developer Pandemic Studios has delayed The Lord of the Rings: Conquest to January 9, 2009 internationally and January 13, 2009 in the US. The anticipated action game was previously set for a fall 2008 release.
While no reason was given for the delay, Andrew Goldman, Pandemic Studios co-founder and general manager said "We have been working hard to create a ’The Lords of the Rings’ experience like no other." He added, "And we are excited to finally confirm the launch of The Lord of the Rings: Conquest to ’The Lord of the Rings’ and Star Wars Battlefront fans alike."
Pandemic previously worked on the Star Wars Battlefront games and Pandemic Studios co-founder and general manager Josh Resnick was very excited about bringing the teams expertise over to the Lord of the Rings universe. "Players will finally be able to fight through Middle-earth along the frontlines of good or evil," he said, adding "And what ’The Lord of the Rings’ fan hasn’t fantasized about joining Sauron’s army to slay Hobbits?"