Chivalry 2 Joins Game Pass on Xbox and PC with ‘Reinforced’ Content
Chivalry 2 Joins Game Pass on Xbox and PC with ‘Reinforced’ Content Update for All Platforms
Torn Banner Studios and Tripwire Presents Bring Mounted Horse Combat to the Frontlines of Battle and Introduce Chivalry 2: King’s Edition
There’s never been a better time to join the ultimate medieval battlefield in Chivalry 2. Publisher Tripwire Presents and developer Torn Banner Studios are excited to announce that the award-winning multiplayer hit, Chivalry 2, joins Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass starting today. Players can also look forward to arming themselves with the new Katars dual-wielded weapon and chaotic battles in the brand-new Hippodrome map in the Chivalry 2: Reinforced content update out now for all supported platforms, including PC (via Steam and Epic Games Store), the PS4 and PS5 the Xbox One family of devices, and the Xbox Series X|S console systems.
Chivalry 2: Reinforced Content Update Key Features:
- New Map: Hippodrome (Team Deathmatch/Free-for-All). Designed from the ground-up to showcase the new mounted horse combat feature first introduced with the Chivalry 2: Tenosian Invasion content update, Hippodrome is set in an arena full of danger and peril with spike traps and flamethrowers – and features open spaces, providing lots of opportunities for horseback jousting and lance charges.
- New Weapon: The Katars. The first dual-wielded weapon to join the world of Chivalry 2, the katars are a matched pair of deadly, armor-piercing, daggers for swift close range attacks. Designed for the Ambusher class, it is a very fast stab weapon that does not interrupt opponents. It also encourages the player wielding it to have good footwork and make use of dodges, as it has a very weak block. The katars make for an excellent engaging weapon, allowing Ambushers to get behind enemy lines and cut down heavily armored fighters with ease.
- Mounted Combat Map Updates: The Chivalry 2 community has been asking for more horseplay, so Torn Banner Studios has delivered, adding mounted horse combat existing maps The Raid on Aberfell (Team Objective) and The Siege of Rudhelm (Team Objective).
In addition, both new and veteran players can answer the call to arms with the Chivalry 2: King’s Edition. On sale today for $59.99 for PC platforms (via Steam and Epic Games Store) and coming soon to consoles this October, the Chivalry 2: King’s Edition comes complete with exclusive cosmetic armor made famous by the fierce faction leaders from the original Chivalry: Medieval Warfare along with in-game and premium currency. Chivalry 2 players can also upgrade their edition of the game to the Chivalry 2: King’s Edition for $9.99 from the Chivalry 2 Special Edition or $19.99 from the Chivalry 2 Base Game.
Chivalry 2: King’s Edition Bonus Content:
- Rebel Kings Armor and War Helmet: Don the legendary armor worn by General Malric at the Battle of Stoneshill.
- Feydrids Aegis Armor and War Crown: Fight for glory and honor with the Steward King Feydrids royal set.
- Dukes Talon and Kralle of Bridgetown Shields: Protect yourself with the Dukes Talon (Mason Shield) and Kralle of Bridgetown (Agathian Shield).
- Surrender Flag Novelty Item: Live to fight another day with this novelty item, added to your spawn-in inventory.
- 1,000 Crowns + 5,000 Gold: Receive 1,000 Crowns (premium currency) and 5,000 Gold (earnable currency), used to unlock new armor, weapon appearances and more!
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first-person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era from clashing swords and storms of flaming arrows to sprawling castle sieges, and more. Dominate massive battlefields while catapults tear the earth apart as players lay siege to castles, set fire to villages, and slaughter filthy peasants in the return of Team Objective maps.
Improving on the original genre-defining Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in every way, Chivalry 2 invites players to master the blade with an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes and a free-flowing combo system to speed up the action and let players become a whirlwind of steel on the battlefield. Created with the ability to fight multiple foes in mind, Chivalry 2’s combat mixes the best of both FPS and fighting game genres for an unmatched melee experience.
Chivalry 2 has an MSRP of $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 for the Standard Edition, $49.99 / €49.99 / £44.99 for the Special Edition, and $59.99 for the new Chivalry 2: King’s Edition with an ESRB rating of M for Mature and a PEGI 18 rating. Developer Torn Banner Studios and publisher Tripwire Presents have more plans for events and promotions in store for Chivalry 2 players this holiday season.
You can read our full review HERE.