Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First post... 1st person shooters or murder simulators?

Default First post... 1st person shooters or murder simulators?

Well I would like to say hi to everyone... I am going to say just a piece of my mind...

Ther are a few bills in congress that are tring to discontinue 1st person shooter games. Just because a few murder cases have been "linked " back to the violence in these kinds of games.
    It all still comes back to the whole nature vs nurture issue. If children are brought up right there would not be this problem...

I also wanted to say that I am a huge HALO fan. If any of you want to be schooled in a match on Game Spy... Just let me know.

Peace...
    Hidden Content

Games I own:maxpayne, oddworld, PGR, fever 02- 03, HALO,morrowind, obiwan, hunter, silent hill 2, fusen frenzy, tetris worlds, blood omen, and shrek, and many more that I am too lazy to list.

\\\///|||)))///\\\///
    ///\\\|||)))\\\///\\\

I personally agree. I have nothing againt FPS, infact I love 'em! My mom is the not the biggest fan of them. She does not like violence. I don't think she thinks that FPS will make me shoot some one I think she does not like violence. But, thankfully she still lets me buy the games. Heck, she's not the one playing them.
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

Why stop at FPS.

Let's get rid of everything that can be linked to murders.

I'll just list one since I'm sure others can keep listing all they want.

1) The Bible.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    Why stop at FPS.

1) The Bible.

AMEN!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Man all this talk about FPS leading to murders is crap. No one in there right mind would any of things they can do in these games. Heck do they even know that these murderors played these games. I think FPS are good games that can even be used to relieve stress, instead of making someone angry and want to shoot someone. Come one if someone is raised right there not going to do these horrible things.

The same hypocrits that want FPS banned probably are the same

people who beat their spouses and molest their children. They

are a bunch of damn hypocrits. If you can't educate and love your

child enough for them to differentiate between fact and fiction

then the only place to point the blame is half-assed parenting. I

think that movies and television should be hit way before we

start witch hunting game makers.

It's funny, the military uses FPS to train troups and teach teamwork.

Architects use FPS like Quake2 to show customers 3d walkthroughs of the projects they are working on. Only problem was being killed by elevators and falling off stairs with no hand rails.

I use FPS to relieve stress.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I agree...it's all about parenting. Besides, the vast majority of FPS are rated "Mature", therefore, a child will not be able to buy an "M" rated game without the assistance of a parent. Too bad those parents that buy them for their kids are clueless about what their kids are playing. But, they can't blame the game developers for this...they can blame themselves.

To me, playing video games is imagining you are something that you are not. For intance, when I play Halo, I'm the Master Chief in the year 2552 fighting to save the world from the enemies that want to destroy the universe, namely, the Covenant and the Flood.

Also, when I play Rallisport Challenge, I am a furocious rally sport racer in Europe driving and slamming my way to become the champion of the sport!

When I play UFC Tapout, I am a fighter trying to win the Ultimate Fighting Championship belt!

When I play NFL2K2, I am a team member of one of the teams from the National Football League trying to win the Superbowl!

Literally, every game turns the vast majority of us gamers into something that we are not. I guess the idiotic politians know what is best for us because they truly know what gaming is all about

Yeah I love being someone I'm not.

Now if they made a game based on being a politition or a Senator then that game would definately be rated mature or adult only. So much lying, drugs, stealing, blackmail, fornication, kidnapping, and murder.

I'll stick with shooting aliens composed of 1's and 0's.
    ---Hidden Content ---

The preal problem is that in life exists People who are generally Crazy Bastards. These people go out and commit acts of violence and stupidity. Then we turn around and blame what they watch, eat, read, etc.....

If a guy goes into his school and shoots up a bunch of kids and

teachers right after watching Sesame Street, would we blame

this incident on Big Bird or Elmo??

Don't think so.

There will always exist nut cases who will push the envelope, but games, media, etc are not to blame

the only place to point the blame is half-assed parenting.
    That about sums up my thoughts on the subject. Violence is unfortunatly a part of our society and blaming, Manson or violent games is the governments scapegoat for these problems. It all boils down to crappy parenting and a few bad apples. To bad they have to ruin it for the people that are mature enough to handle games like these.

We should really just blame it on reading Shakespeare in schools. If you want some hardcore all out murderous violence then look no further.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Why stop at FPS.

1) The Bible.

exactly.
    Neo... Follow the white chicken....knock knock

Hidden Content

Politians make me want to

Max you are having too much fun with:
    that it makes me want to return the favor.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Max you are having too much fun with:
    that it makes me want to return the favor.
    hehe...Funny thing is, my mother actually collects all of the smiley pics! Everytime I see a new one, I shoot them over! So, I sent that one to her, too! Nice! Also, I noticed you have new ones in your siggy, too I sent those, too! hehe

Do you know where I can get a bunch of them?

if any of you are worried about it... it'll never happen.. some stupid politician was trying to get overprotective moms on his side. even though he knows that it would violate our 1st amendment rights to freedom of speech. Stupid politicians

We should really just blame it on reading Shakespeare in schools. If you want some hardcore all out murderous violence then look no further.
    yea, we're reading julius caesar in school, and we're watching the movie, it showed us the murder scene in the movie, it was pretty cool. anyway, linking violence to videogames is the most idiotic excuse for anything i have ever heard. even before videogames, there were A TON of murders, killings, violence going on. i.e: charles manson, hitler, war generals, etc. these people have never even dreamed of playing a videogame, but yet they were some of the most crazy people that ever lived.

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

Why stop at FPS.

1) The Bible.
    2) Religion

my dad and I always make jokes about pastors and stuff like that. his philosophy is that religion makes people stupid. it makes them believe in something that they don't even know about. he believes that there was something that created us, but as of now, we cannot worship it becuase we don't know what it is. oh and just look at terrorists! jihad and crap like that! im not dissing Islam followers, but just look at that.
    ha..

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Originally posted by NomadLLama

2) Religion

my dad and I always make jokes about pastors and stuff like that. his philosophy is that religion makes people stupid. it makes them believe in something that they don't even know about. he believes that there was something that created us, but as of now, we cannot worship it becuase we don't know what it is. oh and just look at terrorists! jihad and crap like that! im not dissing Islam followers, but just look at that.
    Chill, lets not start a holy war in here.

Touchy subjects
    1. Abortion
    2. Religion

I've never seen anyone have a regular discussion about these things if you have opposing sides. I could do it cause it doesn't bother me but some people get feisty as hell.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Thread Information