Poll: $200 for Steel Batalion...Yes or No??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So who's gonna plop down $200 for SB??

i might if it works with other games i dont really want to buy a 200$ controler just for 1 game so if it works with others i will.

FYI...According to an article in GI

"....and as of now, Steel Batalion is the only game compatible with the controller. Capcom did say, however, that it does have other ideas in the works (including an online/multiplayer Steel Batalion follow-up), and that it would talk with other developers interested in designing games for this peripheral."

$200, $300, $400...whatever it costs, I'm buying it. Not only do I think this game will be insanely fun, but I want to encourage other game publishers to take risks (such as custom controllers). I think this game will sell a lot of XBOX consoles.

I predict PS2 and GC fanboys will be more than a little jealous.

Not willing to spend the same price as my xbox to get a game. $200 is a bit extravaggent for a controller that will only work with one game. May buy it used... its too bad, because i've been waiting for this game for a while.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I dunno about buying it because I got no job right now...i will by this summers end, but i really REALLY want to play with that big ass controller. Its friggen huge to say the least.

Also, read this...

Steel Battalion Price Revealed |Dustin| 12:58 AM EST |Top|
    Source: http://www.ncsx.com/
    Type: News

The folks over at National Console Support have added the Steel Battalion controller and game for sale in their shop.

The game and controller package will run for a price of Y19,800, which is around $160 USD, which is a relief to most gamers, as the rumored price ranged from $250 - $300.

The controller is by far one of the largest controllers ever created for a console, involving over 40 buttons, as well as joysticks and foot pedals.

Steel Battalion will arrive on shelves under it’s Japanese name of Tekki on August 22nd, but no official US release date has been set.

Oh yeah, mechAssault will kick major anus...especially online.

I would never pay 150-200 for a game. I would rather go and buy 3 or 4 games that I will have just as much fun with since there is going to be about 10 games out that I want between now and christmas. I'll wait 2 or 3 years until this game is at 50 like all the other ones unless I win it somewhere or get it preowned for that price.

I've alredy spent hundreds of dollars per game by purchasing used coin-op arcade machines.

I've really looked forward to this game, but that price tag is pushing it (it's as much as a new xbox).

Also where are you going to play the game with that big-@ss-cool-looking-40 button-monster of a controller. Consoles are meant to be played in front of a tv. The 40 button controller will have to lay flat on a table or something and then the 3 foot pedals down by your feet, I don't think you'll be able to just lay the controller on your lap?! So the layout is better suited for a pc with a desk and chair, not a living room with a couch. I'm happy when developers take chances, push the limits, and break the mold but this just doesn't seem logical to me?
    "There is no reason to be alarmed and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight.
    By the way is there anyone on board that knows how to fly a plane?"

The Japnese price isn't what the price will be here, Japanese prices are always high , we will get it for cheaper maybe 150.00 maybe even less, but consider one MS controller costs 40 bucks ,

Can you imagine a Second party controller for SB heheEHHEH made by trick,,,,, now that would be waste of money even if it was free, it would die on you in the first ten minutes of play ,,,
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

That is true. The exchange rate makes things in Japan cost more money. Thats why many bands add songs to their cds for the Japan/European releases so they arent paying extra money for the same thing that were getting. Either way...this game will be awesome.

Thread Information