Thread: The Thing !!!

Thumbs up The Thing !!!

I was gonna post this in off topic but it is coming out for Xbox so I thought in the end General would be appropriate. I have been playing this game for about 3 hours for PC and I gotta say this is a really tight game. For those looking for a great single player adventure this game is exellent. The best part hands down is the managing of trust with your squad members ( those of you who have seen the movie know why ) When you meet and or rescue new guys you have to show them you trust them by giving them guns and stuff. Testing yourself to see if you are infected right in front of them works well as well. You even have to play smart to keep your squads trust. If you encounter the alien and do not help your mates fight them off they distrust you for not helping. The controls are great, and to be honest I think this game would be much more at home on a console than my PC.

Played The Thing as well...
    While it's a solid title, there's nothing in it that would make it great...At least for me...

Really I am loving this game. Much funner than DTR for me.

i own "the thing that came from outer space" and "john carpenter's the thing" and i can not whit for the xbox version of the thing to be released,it will be for me the best "thing" out this october beside's shenmue 2.

Is the newer version of the movie availible on DVD I have never seen it in the store ?

i think the game looks pretty cool ,i just saw the commercial last night,an i think you can get the dvd free if you preorder the game from http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categorie...p?pf_id=223574
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

It doesn't say that you get a free dvd for me.
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

John Carpenters, THE THING WAS A GrEaT FreAkInG FilM!!! Screw All These CG Special Effects That they Keep Using Now A Days, The thing Has Em ALL BEAT!!! Latex, Rubber, Jello, Corn Syrup, & Special Effects Master ROB BOTTIEN, Thats All You Need!
    Movies Have To Get Back To Physical Effects...
    I Highly Recomend That All Of You See This MASTERPIECE!!!

I Have To Say The Game Is AWeSoMe!!!!!
    Been Playing On PC For About 8 Hrs...
    I Will Also Be Getting This title For XBOX Because I Think It Will Be EVEN Better For A Console!!!
    It's An Awesome Game, Dont Even Hesitate To pick Up This bad Boy!!! I Cant Hardly Keep It Stocked At My Shop It Has Been Selling So Fast!!!
    BUY THIS GAME AS SOON AS ITS OUT FOR THE BOX!
    Last edited by DOOM; 08-23-2002 at 08:31 AM.
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

lol i never saw that movie. i saw the begining part of it tho. in the game do u fight more than one thing? if its the thing why would there be a lotta things tho? how do u aim? like in a action horror game like resident evil? or u just control the guy and he automaticly aims, or does it conrol like a first person shooter?

Frenchy with attitude!

I'll try the game for sure. If it capture the suspense of the movie, it could be great...
    Hidden Content

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

The Thing is gonna be one of those really great games that gets no acclaim.

Registered User Markus_Kalarkus's Avatar

Talking

hey toons, i just seen ur from calgary! cool man, im from edmonton, been to calaway park beefore?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Online ID [-ShAdOwZ-]RaptoR{L}

Who in Calgary has not been to Calaway? I am also excited about The Thing. How is it Graphics wise?
    Hidden Content name="quality" value="high" /> Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="88" height="70" name="H2lvl" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

Grapics are exellent. Not jaw dropping or anything but very well done. Lighting and particle effects are exellent. One of the objects you get to carry is a flashlight and it shines exactly like a flashlight should. The more I play this game the more hooked I get on it. I am offically a "Thing" fanboy hehe. I wish I had waited to get it on the Xbox because it will be better on a console I think than on a PC. It totally has a console feel.

Is the newer version of the movie availible on DVD I have never seen it in the store ?
    i've had it for 2 years or so on dvd,you should go and get it!

Thread Information