Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Price Drop

Gamerscore Whore

Default Xbox Price Drop

Xbox is now selling at $149. Just saw it advertised at Blockbuster. Brand new system (not used) for $149. I am sure PS2 isnt far behind. Will Gamecube go to $99? I love these price wars!!!

if only they would lower the price of the games. (i know i know its the money maker)

Gamerscore Whore

Could be a local sale too because I dont see it selling anywhere else for that , yet.

Are you sure? EB still has it for 199..

Gamerscore Whore

My wife got the email from blockbuster listing the xbox with the gamecube at $149. Could be a local sale because I have been looking everywhere to see if anyone else lists it at this price.

Buy A New System, Get Five FREE Game Rentals

Bring home any new Nintendo GameCube, Sony Playstation 2 or Microsoft Xbox from a participating BLOCKBUSTER store, and get five free game rentals. You can try Madden NFL 2003 one week and Turok: Evolution another - you get to choose one free game rental every week, for five weeks straight. So go ahead and buy the new game system you've been dreaming about. Then break it in with the latest game rentals - on us!

PlayStation®2 $199.99
    Nintendo GameCubeTM $149.99
    Microsoft XboxTM $149.99

Click here for terms & conditions.

theres the deal there running

Gamerscore Whore

Yup thats the one. Thanks for the help...LOL.

I think it would be all over the gaming media channels by now if it were true. Maybe Blockbuster just made a mistake. But I'd like to see it happen. I bought mine as soon as they dropped to $199. At $149, Sony would have some stiff competition....and I don't think Nintendo can afford to drop any lower, unless they go $139....actually I know they can't afford to drop any more. I'm going to start a pool to see who can guess how long before Nintendo stops shipping Cubes to North America. Nintendo has one major market now, Japan. Sony and XBOX are running away with every other place...specifically Sony....but I think by next summer the XBOX catalog of games will be superior to Sony's....not in quantity....that'll never happen, but vastly in quality.
    Gamertag: Big Kahuna

Let's Play!

Gamerscore Whore

For the reasons you said , that is why Microsoft and Nintendo have ben talking. Could Mario be in the future for Xbox!!!

As for the price of $149 for the xbox, if it is a mistake or typo in the advertisment, they still have to honor it. I think I may be oging to blockbuster tomorrow to buy another box for my son's christmas gift.

Good for you Cougar, help those Xbox sales.

Gamerscore Whore

Well i guess there is motive to buying him the xbox for 149.00 then too...LOL!! HE WONT BE BUGGING ME "WHEN ARE YOU GONNA LET ME PLAY DAD!!!"

Hehehehehe...

True, very true. LOL

I don't see anything about this on their site. I hope it's true!
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

With each new price cut and rebate offer, I'm just getting more and more ****ed for buying the Xbox at launch. The real Xbox action will start November 15th with the launch of XBL, and there's not too many games that I want that are out yet anyway. I could have waited, saved enough money for 3 more games, and got a free ****ing DVD Playback Kit!
    "You can either find me helping out the community, or disturbing the peace! - The Green Gabbit

Originally posted by Green Gabbit
    With each new price cut and rebate offer, I'm just getting more and more ****ed for buying the Xbox at launch. The real Xbox action will start November 15th with the launch of XBL, and there's not too many games that I want that are out yet anyway. I could have waited, saved enough money for 3 more games, and got a free ****ing DVD Playback Kit!
    If I would have waited I would have missed out on countless Halo lan parties! Not to mention Morrowind!
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

Finally someone who sees the light... I agree green,,, how fuk'd up is that,,,, I mean we were the early adopters, the ones who bought in in NOV and early DEC... what did we ever get but defective first run hardware and the chance to play a limited number (2) good games... PGR and Halo... Anyhoo I have felt more than a little used and abused by M$.

Originally posted by DVDGNZ

If I would have waited I would have missed out on countless Halo lan parties! Not to mention Morrowind!
    wow glad someone is having fun with this thing... you could have played "countless hours" of any other FSP online via computer,,, but whatever dude if you feel you got your entertainment out of it thats cool....mine broke, I returned it to EB got my 225 store credit... I am just waiting for the next version f the xbox... smaller, quieter faster hard drive is just around the corner and the iveral demensions of the box should be smaller, it should lose a couple pounds as well...so when the new improved xbox finally comes out and the proce is $149 I will consider gambling my money on it again... for now I am playing PC games... best FPS's are still on PC.

PhreeK out!
    PhReeK out!

There was a thread posted about this earlier .http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/sho...threadid=21472 . I am really ****ed that MS keeps dropping the price, it sucks that many of us that bought it at release got screwed over by paying full price for it
    Last edited by Chr0nik; 08-29-2002 at 06:43 AM.

The Price Did Not Drop... That Is a Type-O!
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

Gamerscore Whore

Yup typo it was. A $50 typo and kudos to anyone that was able to take advantage of it....LOL! I for one had printed the email and was about to go to blockbuster when I received the corrected email. Dangit! I was to late! I bet Blockbuster got swamped though the evening that ad came out to all email recipients. Wish I could have watched those phones ring off the hook.

I never had regretted paying 300 for my xbox...That money is long gone, and if you didn't spend 300 on the box you would have spent it on something else anyway! Honestly the 300 I paid is the best investment in my entire life!

Thread Information