Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omfg!!! Microsoft Buys Rare!!!

Xbox wouldn't have Goldeneye or a remake of it would they since EA has the Bond license?
    jamesx_2k of TXB
    Hidden Content

Who cares about Goldeneye.. Perfect Dark was like 10 times better than that game... if PD comes to the XBox.. that will be enourmous news.. and EXTREMELY good for the xbox's future

Originally posted by Ulchie
    i didnt like DK
    DK for the super nintendo was awesome. DK 64 sucked and was nothing like the snes title.
    Just click you idiot!_______Hidden Content ___
    Hidden Content

get the check signed already dam.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience. Time is the best teacher; unfortunately it kills all its students. My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right. Nothing is fool proof. Fools are too inventive
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dar
    I don't get it. Is Microsoft buying Rare from Nintendo? If Nintendo owns 49% of Rare them Microsoft will have to buy 51% of Rare to have a controlling stake. There's no way in hell it would be exclusive to either system. I'm not so sure about this article.
    It would buy the 51% not owned by Nintendo...effectively making it under MS control O_o...
    Life is like a box of chocolates, except death is not done by digestive bile...well...most of the time.

Hidden Content

they make conkers bad fur day thats a sweet game i hope they make a squel or something...
    Hidden Content

..::Fluff E-The Hip Hop Bunny::..

Rare made KI ??? i would buy that game in a heartbeat... even a port from way back when.

The true excitement about all this is that you have to remember that they are gods at making multiplayer modes. Alot of people bought GoldenEye and Perfect Dark strictly for the multiplayer. And Conker's BFD had a multiplayer mode to rival Halo's, IMHO. Imagine the War sequence, with bump-mapped envions, XBox quality particle effects (let's say, for instance, volumetric fog), and Dolby Digitial sound. It'd rock beyond belief.

But the keynote? Imagine all these games on XBox Live. It's a dream come true.
    Hidden Content
    Sychotic Quote for the Whenever: "Leave it to Americans to think that "no" means "yes," "****ed" means "angry," and "curse word" means something other than a word that's cursed!"

Even more rumors dealing with this whole Rare thing, I say everyone should just chill out and wait until after the release of StarFox Adventures, I think that's the time when Rare will make any announcement they have to make.

As for the properties Rare owns, I believe other than Perfect Dark and Blast Corps and probably some of their older games most of their licenses are held by Nintendo. I know for sure Nintendo owns the rights to Banjo, Donkey Kong, Conker and Killer Instinct. Well, I'm not 100% sure on Conker, but I believe Nintendo owns the right to any character that appeared in Diddy Kong Racing.

Anyhow, continue with your premature celebration I guess.

Member on the run

With as often as these things fall out, I'm with Goof, I'll wait till the fallout settles and then celebrate if it makes it through! (though personally I would love it to happen)

If ms buy rare it will help them alot with | Blast Corps| Jet Force Gemini | Banjo-Kazooie maybe with Star Fox Adventures | PD |GE
    and more imo.

Member on the run

Originally posted by xboxtito
    If ms buy rare it will help them alot with | Blast Corps| Jet Force Gemini | Banjo-Kazooie maybe with Star Fox Adventures | PD |GE
    and more imo.
    I'm pretty sure that Nintendo owns the rights to several of those characters (I could be wrong though)

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

yes..conkers bad fur day on xbox would be the CHIT...imagine it online....that and PD!!!

I'm pretty sure that Nintendo owns the rights to several of those characters (I could be wrong though) [/B][/QUOTE]

u might be right about that but if M$ buys 51%. M$ will want most of those games in the xbox and i know they r going 2 want Killer Instinct.

Member on the run

Yeah, I know Nintendo doesn't own Killer Instinct, so that would be badass, but still, I'm going to wait to see the official sale word. Until then, don't get your hopes up.

Originally posted by rudedogX
    Yeah, I know Nintendo doesn't own Killer Instinct, so that would be badass, but still, I'm going to wait to see the official sale word. Until then, don't get your hopes up.
    yep me 2 i will wait for official sale 2.

Originally posted by Citainus

It would buy the 51% not owned by Nintendo...effectively making it under MS control O_o...
    Yes but with 49% there is no way Nintendo would let Rare become Xbox exclusive.

51% means you got the last word,the only thing they could do is being an ass at the meetings.
    They do get a huge part of the profit of course.

Nonny

Well i heard Nintendo might be selling rare's stocks....

even if rare does come 3rd party Nintendo would still make huge amount of profit on all Xbox/ps2 games sold.....thats why i think Rare is waiting to see what goes down in the next couple of months.

Thread Information