Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playstation 3 released early??? WIll microsoft counter?

THE REAL BOSS

Default Playstation 3 released early??? WIll microsoft counter?

After watching the consumer news this morning they stated that the PS3 will be released early to give sony the edge on the gaming market, they aslo stated it will be 1000x more powerful then playstation 2, which most of us knew already.

Now do you guys think microsoft will counter sony's plans and release the Xbox 2 the same time as the PS3? I personally think if microsoft doesn't release the xbox 2 the same time as PS3 they will have problems selling the unit and will remain number 2 until they can be competative.

Lets here some feedback
    Last edited by ChaoticMage-XBA; 09-06-2002 at 06:28 AM.
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Well it will be at least 3-4 years until Sony can do anything, so yes...Xbox 2 should be ready by then.
    Last edited by Zion; 09-06-2002 at 09:40 AM.

Here is a link to a story about this.

I also feel that MS will be ready. I'm pretty sure that they have learned their lesson in this round that they can't give the competition a one-year head start. However, unless a significant number of game developer's leave the PlayStation for the Xbox, I still don't think that MS will sell as many Xbox2's as Sony will sell PlayStation3's. I think it will take 2-3 more rounds of the battle before you see MS's console sales exceed Sony's.

Personally, I don't feel that Nintendo will be a player for much longer in the console market. Has anyone even heard anything from them about their next console???
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

THE REAL BOSS

I agree nintendo isn't going to be much of a player unless they come up with something that's earth shattering but that's like trying to find a needle in a hay stack....LOL

If they do I'm thru with gaming as a whole. I might just go to PC gaming. Sony doesn't care about consumers, they just want to make money. This isn't even fun for me anymore. All they do is push part X of a game to make money and then they release a new system that's supposed to be "inovative" and "revolutionary". This is all a load of ****, I swear, what is the point of gaming anymore if we're basically buying systems every 3 years for games that were on the last generation just with a 4 at the end of it? Seriously, where has all the real inovation gone (personally I think it left when SEGA went to 3rd party). JSRF and Samba didn't do well.Gaming now sucks. I'm done after Xbox.

Originally posted by KingAlias
    If they do I'm thru with gaming as a whole. I might just go to PC gaming. Sony doesn't care about consumers, they just want to make money. This isn't even fun for me anymore. All they do is push part X of a game to make money and then they release a new system that's supposed to be "inovative" and "revolutionary". This is all a load of ****, I swear, what is the point of gaming anymore if we're basically buying systems every 3 years for games that were on the last generation just with a 4 at the end of it? Seriously, where has all the real inovation gone (personally I think it left when SEGA went to 3rd party). JSRF and Samba didn't do well.Gaming now sucks. I'm done after Xbox.
    I feel you on that on. I owned my Super NES from launch date well after the PS1 came out. Now it seems like you are forced to keep up, rather than a sytem sticking around for a while. I think the Xbox has enough power to last quite a bit longer. But Sony's going to have to drop the PS3 very soon, at some the PS2 won't be able to compete with the Xbox. I still don't understand why anyone would buy a PS2 when it should be priced at $99. I'd get it then for the five-six games I want for it. But $199? Unreal. I just don't want to have to "upgrade" to Xbox2 sooner than I thought. But I'll be gaming until the reflexes aren't there anymore.
    "Taking out you suckas and you don't know how I did it." D-Nice

Originally posted by KingAlias
    I totally agree with you. There is no more innovation in games now. They just keep trying to make the graphics look better and better but with the same gameplay we've play many times before. Every 3rd person adventure game now has that, 'been there, done that' feel. Nothing changes. And when they feel they need an edge with the graphics they move to another system. How boring!

Innovation in games is gone. And they try to cover that up with online play.
    When it's hot and sticky, that's no time for dinky dunking, but when the frost gets on the pumpkin, THAT'S the time for dinky dunking.

Hidden Content

The problem is not with the companies, its with us the consumer. Of course Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo are in it for the money and not the consumer. Thats why its called a business. Its up to us the consumer to put a stop to it. Lets use Sony as the ex. here.

If Sony puts out PS3 and we all practice are rights as a consumer and NOT buy it and using those same rights continue to only buy PS2 games what will happen ? Sony's game division will have to rethink there strategy real quick to keep turning a profit.

Will this happen. ROFLMAO now way. Were human beings. We all want the newest, biggest, and best. We want to have more than our neighbor and we want to have it before our neighbor.

If PS3 launched 1 year from today and E.B. had it posted on there site I bet 100 people in the next hour alone would pre-oreder one. On launch day there would be people outside 3 hours before the stores opened to make sure they got one first.

Thats why Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo can do what they do and thats why they do it. Were all a bunch of cattle in the end haha myself included

Let sony release it early I'm wait for XBox2!! We all know there will be no Gamecube2 in 2005 or 2006!! So it will be Microsoft vs. Sony And I'm sticking with Microsoft!!

Hidden Content XBOX RULES!

H-I-T-E-R........NO L! hiter101's Avatar

WOW! this is really starting to **** me off i just got my xbox in july and they are already talkin about xbox 2 why would xbox realese it so early no one wants it now make a few good games for the xbox then we will see about xbox 2 DONT RUSH A SYSTEM TO ITS GRAVE ESPECIALLY IF YOU SPENT MORE THEN 3 BILLION DOLLARS ON IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Heaven Won't Take Me And Hell Is Afraide I'll Take Over

Hidden Content

"He LIved By His Word And He Died For His Word" Rip DZ

Hidden Content

You know what happens when you release early products ? PS1.5 ( ps2 ) and the STILL IN BETA online.

Ps3 = Ps2.5!!

Gamerscore Whore

Don't be surprised when Nintendo teams up with Microsoft to make games for the Xbox. Its not that far off in the future for us!!!

True And maybe they will make it so the next Gameboy works with the XBox2 or XBox3!!

THE REAL BOSS

That would be sweet to see nintendo and microsoft as one. I could see sony shaking in their little shoes right now

ha, 1000 more powerful? id like to see that happen

if anything it'll be released in japan first and 4 or 5 months (or more) it'll be here in the us.

Originally posted by CrazyCougar
    Don't be surprised when Nintendo teams up with Microsoft to make games for the Xbox. Its not that far off in the future for us!!!

I definitely see that happening in the near future. Microsoft's interest in Nintendo was already known when they offered Nintendo CEO $52 billion to acquire the company. They denied it, but Microsoft is still trying to go for it. Their interest in acquiring Rare (Which I understand owns a very large part of Nintendo's stock) further proves this theory.
    bwn82k (Brian)
    Hidden Content

As far as innovation, I think nintendo rules, but in overall greatness Microsoft rocks. I too can really see M$ buying out nintendo. Off with Sony's head.

Coolness,.....i'm not loyal to game systems....only to games. Mmm...innovation is in the eye of the beholder.......i think it's going to be a battle of game companys. East and West for the hearts , minds and the all mighty gaming dollar.
    Meanwhile back at the Ranch,Bificus Beefy AKA Evil_Dr_Beefy and his henchmen The Big Dipper Beast plot the destruction of their arch nemesis Spaceboy

Thread Information