Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PS2 version of BMX XXX not topless

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    I was told by an EB employee that they are allowed to sell mature rated games to anyone, as long as they tell them than it contains blood, violence, etc, whatever. So a 6 year old could go into a store by himself and buy a game where people are getting shot and killed and profanity is being yelled all over, and thats acceptable.

I was wondering...since when is it ok to say shìt as many times as you want to in a PG-13 rated movie, but too much blood is wrong...?

Perhaps they realized that shìt is not a bad word, it's the same thing as crap, turd, poop, poopy, dung, etc...its just a word, what idiot took up the responsibility to decide than a word that has about 15 synonyms is a bad word? That ticks me off so much. Shìt is not a bad word, if it is...then crap is too...because its the same thing.
    In a lot of ways, the whole thing is kinda silly. For example:

pretty much everyone agrees that the word "F*CK" is a profanity, yet everone on the radio now is saying, "F you!" (in place of "F*CK you!")
    so I pose this question to everyone. When does using a certain word or phrase to REPLACE a certain profane word or phrase become meaningless?

what I mean by that is...in that situation, when does saying "F you!" start becoming profane just as actually saing "F*CK you!"

afterall, isn't that what makes a word or phrase profane? The meaning or what it represents?

So if you think about it, basically ANYTHING could be "profane"

I'll just start thinking the word "Profane" is profane.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

Originally posted by symposiumx

In a lot of ways, the whole thing is kinda silly. For example:

pretty much everyone agrees that the word "F*CK" is a profanity, yet everone on the radio now is saying, "F you!" (in place of "F*CK you!")
    so I pose this question to everyone. When does using a certain word or phrase to REPLACE a certain profane word or phrase become meaningless?

what I mean by that is...in that situation, when does saying "F you!" start becoming profane just as actually saing "F*CK you!"

afterall, isn't that what makes a word or phrase profane? The meaning or what it represents?

So if you think about it, basically ANYTHING could be "profane"

I'll just start thinking the word "Profane" is profane.

But you see, 'ƒuck you' is an insult, shìt is the same exact thing as crap. If you say "I have to take a poo poo", you could simply replace 'poo poo' with 'shìt' and it would mean exactly the same thing.

Only an ignorant moron would think that shìt is a bad word.

Originally posted by EHWfedPres

But you see, 'ƒuck you' is an insult, shìt is the same exact thing as crap. If you say "I have to take a poo poo", you could simply replace 'poo poo' with 'shìt' and it would mean exactly the same thing.

Only an ignorant moron would think that shìt is a bad word.
    well...I agree. I was simply just bringing up a ponderance of mine.

I was laughing at your "i have to take a poo poo". sounds like my retarded uncle Pepe

...this has got to be the most interesting off-topic conversation I've ever seen...
    The older a person gets, the less they care what they wear. Old people come up with some of the strangest clothing combinations you'll ever see. I think of it as "cancer of the clothing."
    --George Carlin

A euphanism ( I believe I have it spelled correctly) is replacing a "curse" word with a "slang" term...

Thread Information