Poll: Are you getting Orta Today now that it is released early?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Panzer Dragoon IS IN STORES NOW, are you getting it?

Thumbs up

Originally posted by rudedogX
    [Rant]
    Damn...I leave and come back to find this. "You're not a hardcore gamer because you don't like..." crap! I'm sorry, but just because you like a game does not make it the end all and be all of great games!

That's like saying that if Critics give rave reviews, everyone is going to like the movie! I'll tell you this though...most of the reviews that critics give on movies are usually totally wrong! I remember American Beauty received rave reviews, and I got suckered into watching that movie with my girlfriend at the time...both of us left the theater basically saying WTF?!?

In otherwords...don't judge people simply because they hate a game that you love. I have games that I think are great, but others hate. I know a lot of people think Blinx sucks...and yet you (BR) think it's one of the greatest games in the world. Well damn it, all those others must be wrong and not hardcore gamers. Wow...that certainly sounds arrogant to me!

[/rant]
    Been a long morning.
    Bravo!!

**looks forward to future RDX rants**

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    Your just not a hardcore gamer like me. Gun Valkyrie is more experienced gamers that can handle difficult games like myself.
    Burning, rudedog has your number on this one. Just because people aren't gaming masichists doesn't mean they aren't hardcore gamers. I absolutely hated Gunvalk. Not because it was too hard, but because it was incredibly repetitive and a complete button masher. Right now I am playing Metroid Fusion. Hard game? Not my any means. Am I not a hardcore gamer because I am playing an easy game right now? I don't think so.

It seems your defenition of 'hardcore' right now entails 'people who like the games I like'. I think a more logical definition of 'harcore gamers' would be someone who devotes a lot of their free time to gaming and the support of the gaming community. Not only do people like Ninja, myself, rude, and many many others spend plenty of time behind the controllers of our gaming consoles, but we also take time to contribute to an online gaming community and have for quite a while.

Of course, due to Quid Pro Quo, Burning is also entitled to like whatever games he wants to, whether it be Gunvalk or Kabuki warriors, it really doesn't matter. So in essence everyone needs to lay off of everybody else in this thread. Thanks.

[Rant]

That's like saying that if Critics give rave reviews, everyone is going to like the movie! I'll tell you this though...most of the reviews that critics give on movies are usually totally wrong! I remember American Beauty received rave reviews, and I got suckered into watching that movie with my girlfriend at the time...both of us left the theater basically saying WTF?!?

[/rant]
    Been a long morning.
    Yo man...I'll tell you what, American Beauty rocked...want to know why? Cuz I managed to get head while I was watching that...and any movie that can make your girl want to that is a 10 in my book....

So let me use that as an example, everyone has different personalities, tastes, likes and dislikes which will lead into how someone perceives the game in THEIR eyes....they can not tell you exactly how you will feel when you're playing it, whether you're in a recliner or in a lawn chair like they could have been when they wrote the review. I take reviews lightly, until I notice some from the same person that appears to have the same taste as me....but then again, it's still not me.

The Heavenly Addict!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by casper
    [B]Yo man...I'll tell you what, American Beauty rocked...want to know why? Cuz I managed to get head while I was watching that...and any movie that can make your girl want to that is a 10 in my book....

What's her number??? LOL

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Heavens Gate
    Originally posted by casper
    Yo man...I'll tell you what, American Beauty rocked...want to know why? Cuz I managed to get head while I was watching that...and any movie that can make your girl want to that is a 10 in my book....

What's her number??? LOL

Dat is,... if it was a her!

rumorhasit crapper and Ranger Bill had a fling back in da dayz.
    I guess dats where dude got his nickname "Burning STD"!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Heavens Gate
    [B]

What's her number??? LOL

Jots down anotha lame comeback from Ninja

EDIT

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
    Dat is,... if it was a her!

rumorhasit crapper and Ranger Bill had a fling back in da dayz.
    I guess dats where dude got his nickname "Burning STD"!
    Last edited by Casper-XBA; 01-17-2003 at 12:56 PM.

Member on the run

Jots down anotha lame comeback from Ninja
    Umm...you quoted the wrong person.

LOL, no doubt!

Crappers just mad cause I burn dat fool like Burning Burito did when they were makin out while watching a Beautifu Mind!

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
    LOL, no doubt!

Crappers just mad cause I burn dat fool like Burning Burito did when they were makin out while watching a Beautifu Mind!
    Ninja, I hate mexican food and I want you to stop calling me Burning Buito. Buito's are nasty and disgusting like all mexican food.
    Now Playing
    Star Ocean: TLH (360) | Killzone 2 (PS3) | Star Ocean: FD (PSP)

The reason why I say Gun Valkyrie is a hardcore game is because it's made by Sega. Anything Sega makes is hardcore. I didn't see Gun Valkyrie as a button masher, I found it to be a very good game. The same goes for Blinx, I've almost finished the game and I absolutely enjoy it. Platforming games are my favorite Genre. Every single videogame system I ever had, a platform game was my favoorite game. I just happened to really like Blinx and I'm not making it up. I absolutely hate first person shoothers, Sports, and Western Action RPG's that are not Baldurs Gate. I'll admit that Splinter Cell isn't my kind of game. I thought it was really well done but it didn't interest me at all. Same goes for Ghost Reacon. I don't like that game one bit. I don't like realistic war games very much because I'm not into violent games. I personally like quirky Japanese, fighting, Japanese RPG games, anime, dance, racing, and puzle games along with platformers. I know that it seems I have no good taste but it isn't true. I've played all the best Xbox games. Same goes for Playstation 2 and Gamecube. It's not any better with the PS2 because I hate GT3, GTA3, Socom, Tekken 4, Kingdom Hearts, ATV Offroad, TM Black, while I don't like Luiji's Mansion, Mario Party 4, Eternal Darkenss, and Resident Evil on GC. I did like Halo, DOA3, Project Gotham, Devil May Cry, MGS2, Metroid Prime, and Star Fox Adventures a lot and they are popular games. It's just that I have different interest in videogames than anyone else. I made my own top games of 2002 list on my website.

I referred to Sega as hardcore because their gaming sysytems always were. I was one of the, that would buy several of their hardcore titles. I buy games on Xbox that remind me of the Dreamcast or Saturn all the time.

Sorry if I made any rude comments to anyone. I fully respect anyone's opinion.
    Last edited by Cloud Strife; 01-17-2003 at 01:09 PM.
    Now Playing

:o :o :o

Dam, see what happens when I'm actually busy at the j.o.b. and I try and post here

runs off to finish workin on the 20 laptops that just came in

THE REAL BOSS

Chaotic leans back in his leather chair at work hits the power button to both his xbox and 27" tv and starts playing GR on his OC3 T1 line.

Member on the run

:o :o :o

Dam, see what happens when I'm actually busy at the j.o.b. and I try and post here

And yet you still can't access a site on your own server!

bust a nut

dragons killing other ppl and dragons with ther barf and shots shooting out???

nah no thanks lol

neway the real reason i dont like or want this game is bc its a RPG, i hate RPG to freakin loooooooong and too much talking

Originally posted by irule23

nah no thanks lol

neway the real reason i dont like or want this game is bc its a RPG, i hate RPG to freakin loooooooong and too much talking
    You think this game is an RPG. You should have seen Panzer Dragoon Saga. The Burning Ranger loves RPG's and games with lots of text. That's why he loves Xenogears.
    Now Playing

Member on the run

Originally posted by irule23

nah no thanks lol

Actually, this isn't an RPG.

RDX is right, so for anyone who's into action/shooters, this is it!

Im getting mines when I get off this evening. Circuit City has to be da last joint to get their shipments in.

But why pay $50.00 beans for nothing when I can get it and a FREE $10.00 gift card?
    Is it me, or is CC starting to have better deals than Best Buy?

Guess what the Burning Ranger bought the last copy of today.
    Now Playing

Originally posted by Burning Ranger
    The reason why I say Gun Valkyrie is a hardcore game is because it's made by Sega. Anything Sega makes is hardcore. .
    WTF? Need I say more?
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

bust a nut

really?
    *gitty like a skool girl* " its not a RPG!!!!!"

well i thought it would be a RPG bc i read about what the game is like, and thought it is a rpg.

o well, i'll wait to see what the reviews are like first. i gotta get another live game.

Thread Information