Thread: Finally, a update on Thief 3 !!!

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Default Finally, a update on Thief 3 !!!

Ok, i have a good news and a bad one (for some people only) for Thief 3. First of all, it's will be a exclusive title for the Xbox and no date is current know about the release. And now the bad one, it's will use a cel-shaded graphics. I know cel-shaded graphics is become more using theses days on game (even Zelda).

Source ? Link ? Proof ? Screenshots ? I know what all of you think about what i'm talking. I saw it on XBN Magazine. Maybe i could find something in the net about this. When i have something, i will post it immediately. Be patient...
    Back into the world of gaming.

Which issue? What page?

I just bought mine yesterday and have only glanced through it.

I'm intrested in reading this.

XBN seems to be saying a lot of stuff appearantly. Who is the developer for Thief III? last time I heard, the initial company went bankrupt or something....

But I don't think the Thief III will compare anywhere with Splinter cell, but if it does come to xbox, it will provide xbox gamers with a stealth game to occupy them until SC 2 comes out.

Heh, I thought you ment GTA3.

OMG NO WAY!!! PLEASE SAY NO CEL SHADING OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been a thief fan since day 1. I made levels for thief1/2 and I have been waiting for thief 3 forever....you are lying, or your info is incorrect. There have been to many interviews talking about how they use the unreal engine and the game will look like Deus Ex 2, but better...if this is true, I am literally going to cry.
    ----------------
    Xbox is green. LIVE is orange, and you will see both everywhere this season. GameCube and PS2 will be, appropriately: black, purple and blue.

sorry about calling you a lier, I just re-read your post...it was just VERY shocking to me.
    ----------------
    Xbox is green. LIVE is orange, and you will see both everywhere this season. GameCube and PS2 will be, appropriately: black, purple and blue.

Sorry for posting a triple, but The company is currently in a media blackout so there has been NO info directed directly at Thief 3 barely...I wouldn't expect any until e3 either.
    ----------------

I've re-read my issues of XBN and have yet to see this. Can you post what edition and page it is in?

Finally!

The Thief series is one of my favorite, most engrossing gaming experiences. Cel-shading is just fine. It will probably look similar to the cut scenes in the original PC titles.

The Heavenly Addict!!!

I'm not a huge fan of cell shading. I don't like the Zelda look . Thief is one of my fav series on the pc. I'll give it a try though. Maybe i'll begin to like CS

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Originally posted by carlbme
    I've re-read my issues of XBN and have yet to see this. Can you post what edition and page it is in?
    I am sorry about a error in my information. The magazine is call "XBM" not "XBN". It's a UK magazine. The covert art is about Driver 3 that will comes out on all consoles. I have just return to the place (a library) and re-read all about it. Sorry again for the misunderstanding.

P.S. In this issue, they have reveal a lot of things (exclusives titles coming this year). Check this out. The Price: 7,85 $ USD a little higher than the OXM.

Something i want to add is in the mostly recent OXM, they have reveal that Breakdown is coming to the U.S. after the Japan's release.
    Back into the world of gaming.

What's the deal with this cell-shaded crap?.
    Is it possible to make a great game using that??.

I'm a HUGE Thief fan and I would hate to see this series take a nosedive.
    Most intense gaming experience for me ever even though it's a sneaker....God d@mn that game can put a scare in me....I hope these are false statements that you read....

Still no life on www.thief3.com
    I'm happy to 0wn:
    Halo | Dead or Alive 3 | RalliSport Challenge | Project Gotham Racing | Hunter: The Reckoning | Enclave | Buffy The Vampire Slayer | Splinter Cell | Moto GP | Colin McRae Rally 3 | Tao Feng | Dark Angel | Midtown Madness 3

Looking forward to:
    Halo 2 | Deus Ex 2 | DOOM 3 | Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

One thing, Looking Glass isn't anymore so who is making the game? Looking Glass made the other 2 Thiefs and System Shocks.

well firstly i dont think it should be a xbox exclusive. and 2nd if it is cell shadding it will be an expensive mug coaster
    Scared ? You will be.

Found this while searching google:

http://www.havok.com/news/downloads/Newsletter5.pdf

Top of page 2 is some brief info on Thief 3...not much but ION STORM is developing it and EIDOS is releasing it....there is however no mention of cell-shading but the game will use a combination of the UNREAL and HAVOK engines...

ION STORM is also currently working on the hopefully amazing Deus Ex 2: Invisible War ....
    I'm happy to 0wn:
    Halo | Dead or Alive 3 | RalliSport Challenge | Project Gotham Racing | Hunter: The Reckoning | Enclave | Buffy The Vampire Slayer | Splinter Cell | Moto GP | Colin McRae Rally 3 | Tao Feng | Dark Angel | Midtown Madness 3

Looking forward to:
    Halo 2 | Deus Ex 2 | DOOM 3 | Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Thread Information