OK, I've been thinking about this ever since E3, and figured I'd make a thread about rumors surrounding most of the big videogame systems and videogame publishers...

What I hope to do from this is to eliminate unsubstantiated rumors from those that have either some basis of fact (i.e. news from a reputable source).

So, let me start with a few...

EA won't make games for XBox Live due to them wanting MS to shut down the service to each year's games at the start of the new game's release.(i.e. 2004 comes out, EA would want to shut down all service to the 2003 games)

3rd party controllers and products are always inferior to 1st party (I for one haven't experienced this, so I will say this is a rumor).

Gamecube has absolutely no online plan in place to be implemented at a future date.(from their presentation at E3, I would say fact, but again...it's unsubstatiated).

Sega is being bought out or following in the footsteps of EA, by letting them publish and in turn run their marketing strategy (preventing them from ever creating another Xbox Live game).

Ubisoft is becoming the big powerhouse among gamers. (nothing but opinion here, but you look at what they are coming out with, it's hard to argue).

Feel free to add to the list or post articles refuting the statements or showing why they are fact.