Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pirates of the caribbean.

Well, the slowdown does appear to go away. I did get the dirty disc error once, but other than that the game is great.

There does seem to be a fair amount of bugs though. For instance, after I recon'd Oxbay, i was going back to Greenwhatever and no matter what I did, the English soilders kept attacking me. I re-loaded and it still kept happening. I went to the prior save, and it didnt happen. Lots of little weird stuff like that, but like I said, the game is still great.

I have a question though. Does anyone know how to see a map of all of the islands? I have been sailing around in random directions looking for one in particular, but can't find it. There should be a way to zoom all the way out to see all of the islands at once, or at the very least the game should have come with a map.

THE REAL BOSS

Originally posted by yall
    Well, the slowdown does appear to go away. I did get the dirty disc error once, but other than that the game is great.

There does seem to be a fair amount of bugs though. For instance, after I recon'd Oxbay, i was going back to Greenwhatever and no matter what I did, the English soilders kept attacking me. I re-loaded and it still kept happening. I went to the prior save, and it didnt happen. Lots of little weird stuff like that, but like I said, the game is still great.

I have a question though. Does anyone know how to see a map of all of the islands? I have been sailing around in random directions looking for one in particular, but can't find it. There should be a way to zoom all the way out to see all of the islands at once, or at the very least the game should have come with a map.

I haven't noticed any of these problems on the pc version Im also running it on a radeon 9800 256 meg and a system probably 5'x more powerful then the xbox so that could be why
    RIP David (DZNUTZ) 5/23/04

Originally posted by ChaoticMage

I haven't noticed any of these problems on the pc version Im also running it on a radeon 9800 256 meg and a system probably 5'x more powerful then the xbox so that could be why
    :twirls finger:

as far as the map goes, I don't think there is one. It's one of the major complaints I've seen so far. Of course there will probably be a VERY detailed online one w/ search like there was for morrowind soon.
    RIP Dave

Thumbs up

Important!!!

You can view the full map in sea mode. Click the right thumbstick, and you can scroll around the map. Woo Hoo! Thanks goes out to Liquid Fury and Cush over at the www.teamxbox.com forums!

Formerly Jerred B Dyslexic Chaos's Avatar

Default well

I have also bought the game, and it seems like the slowdown does go away after awhile. I was pretty sure it was the Xbox cacheing, because u could hear it do it. But I wonder why they couldn't do this at the start of the game, like in morrowind. Neway, the gameplay is pretty good, although the sea battles are pretty confusing already (I admittadley haven't read the instructions yet, but...). The melee seems fun so far. I guess this is another game that has to grow on you...

the slow down has stoped completly. it was there for 45 mins when i first started the game, but not that bad. every time i load a save game there is no slowdown. i finally got the hang of sea battles. i already boarded a couple of ships and sold them. the gameplay is great. i wanted to play for an hour i started at 11pm i was later inturupted by my damn dogs, so i walked out of my room and it was. almost 3am. the time flies when playing this game, ive restricted myself from playing in the night. i need my sleep. overall this game rocks makes me really tired during the day but its worth it.

Am i the first person 'round here to see the "Black Pearl"? Pretty sweet, i wont ruin it for anyone who hasn't... I also got into hiring officers that follow you around. I love the inclusion of groups of people fighting. In morrowind it seemed like it was you against the world and every NPC just stood still.

Originally posted by yall
    Important!!!

You can view the full map in sea mode. Click the right thumbstick, and you can scroll around the map. Woo Hoo! Thanks goes out to Liquid Fury and Cush over at the www.teamxbox.com forums!
    Sweet, thanks for the tip yall. So far, this was one of my biggest complaints.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

yeah i saw the black pearl too scared me for awhile.
    i also have hired people to walk wit me and fight. this game is better than morrowind.

you all no me im Snoop E Snoop E's Avatar

I read the preveiw here and i thought it sounded to be a pretty good game, i know im going to pick it up cause its on live and all,someone metioned it was like morrowwind, i never got a chance to play morrowind i guess ill go out and rent it.

I think I'll wait for XBA/IGN's review on this one. A lot of you guys seem to like it, and I love Morrowind (so much I got rid of it, and now I'm going to pick up the gold ed later ) so chances are I'll try to pick it up. Only problem is my sister, she's been hoggin the Xbox and b****s when I don't let her play. So, I'm going to get my other Xbox fixed up, then I'll buy PotC.

Originally posted by Mac0789
    ... i know im going to pick it up cause its on live and all ...
    Just so you know, Mac, it is NOT on Live. Single-player only.

Can you steal stuff?

Also, worth 50 bucks or no?
    Hidden Content

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others" - Nelson Mandela

yeah you can steal stuff, you go into someones house and take stuff out of their chess.

i think its worth $50, im really into fps and i love this game

Originally posted by SPARTAN VI
    I think I'll wait for XBA/IGN's review on this one. .
    IGN gave it a 7.5
    RIP Dave

Thumbs up

I just got this game today and i have been playing it all day. its that addictive. This game sucked me in just like morrowind did, just trying to improve me guy. Melee battles are really fun and Sea battles can be complicated but then once you get the hang of it can be real fun, I just cant wait to get alot of gold and new ships, guess i got to start boarding ships and smuggling

smuggling must take alot of time. you only find a lil bit of stuff in the house its not really worth the trouble. or am i doing this wrong. i go into a hous and take whatever is in the chess, usually theres nothing.

smuggling must take alot of time. you only find a lil bit of stuff in the house its not really worth the trouble. or am i doing this wrong. i go into a hous and take whatever is in the chess, usually theres nothing.
    Usually i pay 5 gold at the tavern for a room and there is usually a potion in the chest, i also found a gold nugget in there once, dont know what its worth yet though
    Last edited by Xorg; 07-07-2003 at 11:10 AM.

whats up with the black pearl?

how far have u guys got. any pirate stories that u have to tell about the game.

Thread Information