Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: doa3 and 1080i

Post doa3 and 1080i

Hello all, i have just bought doa3 for xbox im having trouble getting doa3 to be in 1080i but when i click the tv remote it says 480p or tv is hd ready can anybodyhelp me out with this problem

please e-mail me at nateman900@aol.com
    thanks
    NateMan900

DOA3 and every game released for the xbox so far only support 480p. No 1080i support yet and no announcement of any games that will support it yet. So we can only wait and hope. sorry.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Default they why about 1080i

then why are people saying that doa3 can be played in 1080i res and that u canplay games in 1080i res with the hi res pack?

e-mail me back
    nateman900@aol.com
    NateMan900

You can't and they aren't unless they are using an external scaler or line doubler. The HD pack just gives you component output and DD but will support 1080i once and if it comes.

DOA3 is a 16x9 title though so that is at least nice. I wish all games had widescreen support.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

so your saying theres no way to get 1080i on doa?
    and whats dd?
    NateMan900

No, not without an external line doubler or scaler. It wouldn't be the same anyway. As is the game is only 720x480p.

DD is Dolby Digital. The HD kit and Advanced kit give you an optical connector that you can run to a receiver and get true DD 5.1 sound from. Also works for DTS sound in movies.
    ---Hidden Content ---

could i buy an external line doubler and how much woul d it cost?
    NateMan900

Over a grand and not worth it for this use.

Just enjoy the game man. DOA3 is one of the best looking xbox titles to date.
    ---Hidden Content ---

ya but it would probly look better in 1080i
    NateMan900

Maybe, but I doubt it would be noticable. Infact you could end up with unwanted artifacts and thus making it look worse.
    ---Hidden Content ---

unwanted artifacts like what?
    NateMan900

Bad pixels, distorted lines, more jaggies, moiring or color bleeding, bending.

The basis is that the game is only rendered at 480p and that is what gets sent out. Going to 1080i via a linedoubler wouldn't be adding any new information, just takeing what is there and effectively doubling it.
    ---Hidden Content ---

oh ok i think, but the thing i just dont get is why are some sites saying that u canplay doa3 in1080i mode it just doesnt add up
    NateMan900

Simple answer, the sites are lying or just don't know what they are talking about. Heck even some of the gaming magazines don't have their info straight. So many of them are saying games are High Definition and widescreen when they aren't. None are HD and only a handfull are widescreen. Xbox Nation magazine says that with the HD pack all games show a widescreen image. Completely made up. Next Gen's list is also innacurate. Seems like no one knows if a game supports widescreen or not until they actually try it. It would help if the games would actually say what they support on the box. It is kinda rediculous if you ask me.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    Bad pixels, distorted lines, more jaggies, moiring or color bleeding, bending.

The basis is that the game is only rendered at 480p and that is what gets sent out. Going to 1080i via a linedoubler wouldn't be adding any new information, just takeing what is there and effectively doubling it.
    I don't have any of these problems with my scaler and mine is nowhere near top of the line. However, I wouldn't worry about it unless you're using a projector.

http://www.avxi.com/Products/Crystal...stalimage.html

so would this thing make u get 1080i on doa3?
    NateMan900

Wow Hugh_Jass, nice scaler.

I didn't mean to imply that you would get these problems with a scaler but I have heard people speak of these problems from time to time. I haven't used one personally though.

Do you agree though that for Nateman this wouldn't be worth it, especially just for the xbox? I could see if he already had one, like you do. If you got it, use it.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Hey hugh i told ya the games ar all 480p..

you would not want to see a game in 1080i unless the game was designed to be viewed in 1080i. As another poster was saying, you would be able to see artifacts and other unwanted uglies.

No games have been announced to be made for 1080i...YET.

But, that's the beauty of xbox....there is still so much to come!!!!!

Yeah, I wouldn't get a scaler just for the XBOX unless you have a projector and a screen over 80". Of course, if you also plan to use the XBOX as a DVD player...well, let your budget be your guide.

The reason I say this is because the flaws within the image get larger as the picture gets larger. The scaler serves to smooth out the rough spots. It doesn't add resolution, per se. If you've ever seen a standard TV broadcast on a big screen you start to notice dark lines in the image. A scaler removes those lines because it matches the resolution of the source with the resolution of the projector/monitor.

So, for me, every game is shown at 768p. If I had a nicer projector the scaler would enhance the image even further. Technically, my scaler on an HDTV would make every game 1080p. But don't mistake game resolution with projector/monitor resolution.

My scaler will also down-convert a true 1080i signal to 768p. It works both ways.

Thread Information