Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nov 15th=Not Halo2, but Halo Deluxe Edition Online!!

Thumbs up Nov 15th=Not Halo2, but Halo Deluxe Edition Online!!

Read the latest rumor regarding Microsoft's surprise for the Xbox's second anniversary.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content...e=ret&aid=2553

Halo Deluxe - Microsoft's secret weapon for Christmas?

Rob Fahey 10:57 12/11/2003
    The Master Chief may be going online sooner than expected

Speculation over a major announcement which Microsoft has pledged to make on November 15th, the second anniversary of the Xbox launch date, points to the launch of a new version of Halo with Xbox Live support.

A number of different rumours have circulated regarding the announcement, including the rather unlikely possibility that the launch of Halo 2 - currently scheduled for 2004 - might actually be pulled forward to Christmas.

However, a member of the Bungie development team moved to quash such rumours, stating that "I can confirm with absolute certainty that Halo 2 is NOT coming out in 2003," going on to question what "possible benefit" there would be in a launch shrouded in such secrecy.

What does seem entirely possible, however, is another rumour circulating about the announcement - namely that on November 15th Microsoft will roll out a new version of Halo, branded as Halo Deluxe Edition, which will feature online multiplayer capabilities over Xbox Live for the first time.

This speculation gains credibility from the appearance of a Prima Official Strategy Guide for Halo Deluxe Edition on the publishing company's website, with a launch date of December 2003 - an embarrassing mistake by Prima if they turn out to have blown Microsoft's surprise, but surely a pointer that MS has something Halo-related in the works.

An online version of Halo would make sense. The game already enjoys significant popularity online through the unofficial Xbox Connect tunnelling software, which fools Halo into believing that other systems on the Internet are actually on a LAN with it, but this connection can be unreliable and laggy at times. The launch of Deluxe Edition - which would presumably arrive at a budget price point - would also be a perfect opportunity for Microsoft to bundle a demo of Halo 2, building anticipation of its biggest 2004 title even further.

We'll know for sure in three days when Xbox celebrates its second birthday in the USA
    You can also goto www.ebgames.com and do a search for Halo, which will bring back a NEW strategy guide for Halo DX.
    You can also visit www.randomhouse.com who is the publishing company from Prima and search for Halo there and find a strategy guide for Halo Deluxe Edition set to release in December. Could this be it, could this be MS's big surprise? It may not be Halo2 but I damn sure won't complain about getting Halo1 with full Live support. Bring it on MS!

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

awesome! sounds a lot more realistic than H2 2003 release... Let's wait and see if this happens....

woohoo.....if we cant have halo 2 by Christmas, this would be the next best thing. Ill definately be buying it if this turns out to be true
    "Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." - Mark Twain

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...lance&n=507846

Also shows the new Halo Deluxe guide. Also notice the number of pages that increase between the two different guides. The original Halo guide was only 156 pages, the new guide is I believe shoing 298 pages.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Oh yes, it will be here
    Hidden Content quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="468" height="60" name="xad" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

The 'A' is for 'go bAlls' thrAsher's Avatar

Exclamation

This makes the most sense of all the rumors floating around. It's a great idea on MS's part. I'd bet that at least 50% of the people who have Halo now will buy the Live version. At least that many, if not a much higher percentage. And if they bundle it w/ a Halo 2 demo....it'll sell like mad.

Makes me wonder what will become of XBC if this is the case....

Hidden Content

@~~'~~DZ~~'~~@

beeswax not yours inc. silvertrace's Avatar

i was playing co-op with some guy last night that said Diddy is using the xbl network to have some type of freestyle contest..

the winner would get some flat screen tv and hundreds of dollars in xbox merchandise....

sounds plausible since diddy sold his soul to bill gates

i'd rather have "halo 1.5".......seems to me that the idea was dismissed along time ago, dismissed, but never put to sleep

*mark my words, if this is released you will know the power of the xbox and of me....cuz i'll 0wn joo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111
    gone but not forgotten.....

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

This sounds cool, but I have to wonder who took care of making this new Halo. I seriously doubt bungie would sacrifice any of its employees to do this when they are already having trouble completing their main project on time.

Originally posted by StudioAlex
    This sounds cool, but I have to wonder who took care of making this new Halo. I seriously doubt bungie would sacrifice any of its employees to do this when they are already having trouble completing their main project on time.
    my guess would be that hey had the people making halo pc also work up some code to make halo playable on live

It would be nice if they could just make it a XBL game from some sort of update from the dashboard.

Part of me thinks MS would not do that because they do not do anything for free, however, if they are not going to launch H2 until 2004, this would be a great strategy to A. drive up sales of XBL, and B. drive up sales on the existing HALO for the Xmas season.

I do think this would seriously bite into XBC's userbase.
    Suicide bombers are a dying breed.

Originally posted by jelgiad

my guess would be that hey had the people making halo pc also work up some code to make halo playable on live
    You obviously have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Originally posted by BENYJETR35

probably not

I'd GLADY cough up 50 bones for Halo version {anything} that was playable on LIVE! As I'm sure 90% of LIVE owners would!

Halo CTF is like NO other!

I think they'll have P. Diddy doing voiceovers for Master Cheif in the new Platinum Hits Series version of Halo...

Halo 2 Junk Creator WrathfulPoppa's Avatar

Originally posted by StudioAlex
    Why do you think they have to keep moving back the release date of Halo 2? They really aren't sacrificing any more than they would be with the release of Halo for PC.
    Hidden Content
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Xbox Live games: Project Gotham Racing 2, Mech Assault, Rainbow Six 3, Unreal Championship, Ghost Recon, Whacked (playable demo), Moto GP (playable demo)

The rest of my Xbox games: Halo: Combat Evolved, SegaGT 2002, Transworld Snowboarding, Brute Force, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Jet Set Radio Future, NFL Fever 2002, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Dead or Alive 3, Splinter Cell, Fuzion Frenzy, I-Ninja, Deus Ex: Invisible War

Originally posted by jelgiad

Than jerky replied......

I think they'll have P. Diddy doing voiceovers for Master Cheif in the new Platinum Hits Series version of Halo...
    And you do?

Whats wrong with the concept of the people behind converting Halo to the PC could be responsible for writing the networking code for the Xbox version?

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

beeswax not yours inc. silvertrace's Avatar

gearbox did a smashup job for pc halo.......

^sarcasm intended.....

what is real, do you think thats halo you're playing?

hmph....interesting
    gone but not forgotten.....

I would gladly pay 50 for this one. I called my store and they said they don't know anything yet but I work on Saturday and if I see anything I will report it. I just can't wait to get online. Who said there will be a demo with it? I 'll pay 50 for the demo.

This is MY HOME

Originally posted by silvertrace

what is real, do you think thats halo you're playing?

hmph....interesting

There is no spoon.

Now this would be a great announcement. I now what would be on the top of my holiday wish list.
    Hidden Content

Have:
    Halo, Tetris Worlds, Ghost Recon, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003, NCAA 2004, Jedi Starfighter, Rainbow Six 3, Top Spin

Want:
    Available - KOTOR
    Future - Halo 2

Chancellor Of Dark Enemy # 1 Stunner's Avatar

im ready...

Thread Information