Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CS to support custom soundtracks, no split screen

Default CS to support custom soundtracks, no split screen

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...w_6078237.html

I haven't seen this one before, in case you guys haven't, I thought it might be of interest.

Old news is so exciting, especially when you've seen several threads previously exposing this news.
    'The 'bliss' of ignorance is not happiness, but instead an absence of trouble. Happiness accompanies the complete exercise of an individuals' human capacity. Approximations of happiness accompany this to the degree that it's realized. The 'bliss' of ignorance is a poor approximation.'

Good Traders List: p.27, p.30, p.30, p.33, p.36, p.37
    Hidden Content
    Props to the art team at Hidden Content for the sig.

[/size]

Originally posted by Cold_As_Ice
    Old news is so exciting, especially when you've seen several threads previously exposing this news.
    I didnt hear about this so shutcho mouf. LoL...Custom soundtrack=AWESOME

No split screen? When did people like CS and RTCW decide not to use split-screen. Truly retardedness.

Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
    No split screen? When did people like CS and RTCW decide not to use split-screen. Truly retardedness.
    I think they are trying to lean more towards an online game or LAN game rather than a split screen. I think a split screen would really take down on the strategy of the game, I know my brother is a nasty screen cheater... meh.

Anyway I have live now so I'm happy with no splitty.

I just hope at a later date that they include the maps Back Alley, and Oil Rig. Those are some of my favorite maps in 1.6 CS Steam on PC.

As for Custom Soundtrack, I know I won't be using this very much, if at all, in this game. Part of the game-play is listening to footsteps and other ambient sounds that give you a good idea of where on the map other players are located.

:o
    'The 'bliss' of ignorance is not happiness, but instead an absence of trouble. Happiness accompanies the complete exercise of an individuals' human capacity. Approximations of happiness accompany this to the degree that it's realized. The 'bliss' of ignorance is a poor approximation.'

Good Traders List: p.27, p.30, p.30, p.33, p.36, p.37
    Hidden Content
    Props to the art team at Hidden Content for the sig.

[/size]

Custom soundtraks will me most welcome. Interesting to see that a shotter will support this. It should work out very well! Although I am a bit dissapointed that there will be no split screen, I guess it's fading out in the industry.....
    FUSA

Originally posted by Cold_As_Ice
    As for Custom Soundtrack, I know I won't be using this very much, if at all, in this game. Part of the game-play is listening to footsteps and other ambient sounds that give you a good idea of where on the map other players are located.
    Very true. I was thinking the same thing, actually. I'll turn the music volume all the way down when I play.

Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy

I think they are trying to lean more towards an online game or LAN game rather than a split screen. I think a split screen would really take down on the strategy of the game, I know my brother is a nasty screen cheater... meh.

Anyway I have live now so I'm happy with no splitty.
    Yea, but I got like 8 friends I wanna own in that game. Only one of them has live. Hopefully I can at east system link snd play them.

Also, as of custom soundtracks...They will be in my use Offline and while waiting in game online or in spectatot or something. Custom Soundtrack will serve good use.
    Last edited by BunnyRabbit; 11-14-2003 at 11:23 PM.

Almost absolutely sure there is system link. I know I've read that it does, but can't seem to find it now.
    RIP Dave

With music on you wont be able to hear if an enemy is coming by am i right?
    Hidden Content
    \¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
    GamerTag: DaRkLoRd X
    /_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\
    Specs: 2.6 GHz, GeForce FX 128 MB, 80 GB 7200 RPM HD, 1 Inch Thick Liquid Flat Screen Monitor, 2 Custom 52X DVDRW/CDRW Drives, Windows XP P4, 10 USB 2.0+10/100/1000 Gigabit.
    Xbox: Custom Red Blue Xbox, Chrome Wireless Controller, DVD Remote, RCA Xbox TV, Xbox Live
    Games: Crimson Skies, Halo, Top Spin, Midtown Madness 3, Phantasy Star Online, Counter-Strike

Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
    Almost absolutely sure there is system link. I know I've read that it does, but can't seem to find it now.
    It's in the article that is linked in this thread. It will have system link support.

Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy

Very true. I was thinking the same thing, actually. I'll turn the music volume all the way down when I play.
    Very good point.. 5.1 sound RULES...

But I do love custom soundtracks.. Making it an option was cool.. Better than no option.

Late.
    Editor - Hidden Content Hidden Content Win a AMD FX-60!

"True adaptability involves changing ones self to meet ones environment, not changing ones environment to meet ones needs" - Species8472

Los Angeles Int'l Airport lax_defense's Avatar

NO SPLIT SCREEN! COME ON! WHAT!? THAT REALLY SUCKS... A LOT! Well, I guess Im not getting CS anymore. ****** VALVE! WILL YOU NEVER LEARN?

Originally posted by lax_defense
    NO SPLIT SCREEN! COME ON! WHAT!? THAT REALLY SUCKS... A LOT! Well, I guess Im not getting CS anymore. ****** VALVE! WILL YOU NEVER LEARN?
    Counterstrike was and always will be a primarily online game. I guess split screen would have been alright, but I would use it so rarely that that's the least of my questions about this game.

It really doesn't seem to be that hard of thing to add as far as adding things goes, though.
    RIP Dave

Anybody ever thought that technicly it is good to have split screen. Maybe the frame rate would drop too much or something like that. Perhaps the best gaming experience or a descent on can only be obtained in a full screen 1 player mode.
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

Even if its gonna be played online they should add split screen for people who arent able to go online or system link
    Last edited by Dark Enemy; 11-16-2003 at 04:23 AM.

Good point.

I like the idea of a custom sound track idea. Sometimes i like to turn the music up on the highest setting and the gun noise on low then jam out while i die. It's fun.
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

I think the actual in game sound effects are really important in this game... I don't know how many people will be using the custom soundtracks when they really should be listening to footsteps or instructions from their teammates.

Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn

Counterstrike was and always will be a primarily online game. I guess split screen would have been alright, but I would use it so rarely that that's the least of my questions about this game.

It really doesn't seem to be that hard of thing to add as far as adding things goes, though.
    Exactly, the same with me. I more up on looking forward to it's Live Play rather than splitscreen. Ill take a full screen and go against 15 rather split against 3.

Oh and Rajun Cajun...Im with you on that as well. Ill be uppin' on my music when im not in serious game mode. Especially if you die first thing into the round and it lasts like 5 more mins. Watch your teamies die while jammin to your tunes...Nah whud im sayan?!

Originally posted by RagunCajun
    Good point.

I like the idea of a custom sound track idea. Sometimes i like to turn the music up on the highest setting and the gun noise on low then jam out while i die. It's fun.
    If you buy this game and you don't have Live, you will be bored out of your mind. Because playing bots gets very old, very fast because they use the same tactics everytime. If it did have split screen and you could play with four players where's the fun in that? System link sounds good though. 4 vs 4
    -Mark

Thread Information