Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Six 3 or Counter-strike

Default Rainbow Six 3 or Counter-strike

Im just wondering what everyone thinks about Rainbow Six 3 and Counter-Strike (which is coming out in about 4 days for xbox). I want to buy one of these for xbox... and im trying to find out which one will be good. I have played counter-strike for about 4-5 years on the computer and it was a great multiplayer game.. but for xbox live im not sure which one will be just as good. I heard Rainbow six 3 was a good game with fun multiplayer but i never played it yet. So if you could just post on what you think and which one you recomend i should get, it would be great

Thanks

Although I haven't yet played either of them, it is my opinion that Rainbow Six 3 is probably better, since Counter-Strike is basically a modified port. Both are supposed to be excellent games, but I'm with the Tom Clancy-styled games.

Fidelis Ad Mortem ScottTheKilla's Avatar

Ok I actually bought rainbow 6 with much anticipation but I have to admit Im not that impressed. Its a good single player game with the voice commands and all ya but the main reason I got it for...online play...is lacking for me. Its very very laggy. Not every game but 80% of the games ive played and that takes away from my ability to enjoy it. Also the fact that I can be up close shooting someone and they dont die but a guy across the way can take me out with a machine gun with a few shots kinda annoys me too lol. I guess thats because they are better at it then me but i seriously dont understand how the hell they are that good that far away with all the recoil. The controls are just a bit sluggish for me to fully enjoy but I guess thats how all rainbow 6 games are so what can i say.

Still a great game and it looks and sounds great but I look more forward to counterstrike...

I haven't played either but what I've heard from people and the screens I've seen I'd say Rainbox Six 3.

Rainbow Six 3. I dunno, I am just not a big fan of counter-strike.

counter-strike!!! cause i have a huge loserish obsession with the xbox version of this game. i cant wait!!! even though i haven't played RS3 either, I'm sure it's pretty good, with most of the stuff I've heard...

I'm probably gonna go with CS. While I have RS, and it's an awesome game, it's not all that I hoped for, really. I hope CS will blow away my expectations.

I have R63 and was somewhat dissapointed with it. However, CS has never failed me (PC), and from the screens and vids I've seen, CS will be the game that will rock XBL!
    FUSA

I am a BIG fan of FPS games all round. I like em at a certain speed as well. Ghost Recon speed is too slow. Unreal speed is too fast. RTCW hit it just right. As I hear it, RS3 hit it at a fast, but still slow enough to play strategically. Which I like. But CounterStrike is just so much fun. SO simple and loveable. Shoot, kill, camp. All fun in my book.

Anyway, Ill say Counter Strike if you have XboxLive and RS3 if you do not. Because Counter Strike without Live and you're out of $50 without much anything to show for it. CS is all about Live play. ALL about it baby.

bust a nut

Originally posted by BunnyRabbit
    I am a BIG fan of FPS games all round. I like em at a certain speed as well. Ghost Recon speed is too slow. Unreal speed is too fast. RTCW hit it just right. As I hear it, RS3 hit it at a fast, but still slow enough to play strategically. Which I like. But CounterStrike is just so much fun. SO simple and loveable. Shoot, kill, camp. All fun in my book.

Anyway, Ill say Counter Strike if you have XboxLive and RS3 if you do not. Because Counter Strike without Live and you're out of $50 without much anything to show for it. CS is all about Live play. ALL about it baby.
    RTCW is faster than RS3. but i like unreal too bc of its speed (instagib) and what kill unreal was the framerate issues.

anyway, im a little unsure about CS bc i never played it. i feel that the game is awesome bc of its huge success on PC but still, i feel a little unsure and i will prolly wait this one out. i can say that RS3 is the best game i've played since halo.

CS all the way. I have play RS3. And like they said. It wasnt all it was cracked up to be. Online play was alright. But CS will be where its at. I read in an article today CS is slowed down a little so that strategy may be used instead of 1 rambo whipeing out a whole team. Wich would be nice. any way
    CS ALL THE WAY
    Hidden Content
    Thanks for hosting my sig g-w-soupnazi

Never play RB6 but i know counter-strike will blow it out of the water!
    A Pround Member Of Hidden Content
    Realm: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

hmmm...I would get Counter-Strike, I played R63 and i was a little disapointed with it(though i didnt play on live) and Counter-Strike looks much better.

Tactical Espionage Action SolidSnakeX's Avatar

If you want multiplayer action that will last a long time, go with CS. If you want good single player action, go with R63. R63's MP was dissapointing to say the least. This is because R63 only has so many "decent guns" that don't totally suck in MP, as well as the fact that most of the maps aren't too fun to play. CS, however, has very fun maps that are easy to learn, and there are a number of ways to a certain point.
    Last edited by SolidSnakeX; 11-15-2003 at 10:22 AM.

Counter-Strike 100%

Rainbow got pretty bad ratings
    Hidden Content
    \¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
    GamerTag: DaRkLoRd X
    /_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\
    Specs: 2.6 GHz, GeForce FX 128 MB, 80 GB 7200 RPM HD, 1 Inch Thick Liquid Flat Screen Monitor, 2 Custom 52X DVDRW/CDRW Drives, Windows XP P4, 10 USB 2.0+10/100/1000 Gigabit.
    Xbox: Custom Red Blue Xbox, Chrome Wireless Controller, DVD Remote, RCA Xbox TV, Xbox Live
    Games: Crimson Skies, Halo, Top Spin, Midtown Madness 3, Phantasy Star Online, Counter-Strike

Originally posted by DaRkLoRdX
    Counter-Strike 100%

Rainbow got pretty bad ratings
    wtf?
    where did rs3 get bad ratings?
    ign gave it a 9.3 and gamespot gave it a 8.4?its true that cs might be better but u should wait for the reviews first i myself am going to buy one or another but dont paya ttention to supid posts like one i just quoted.
    Hidden Content

While Your Guns Are Raisin'-Mine Is Blazin'(RIP DZNUTZ)

yea wait for CS reviews then lol
    Hidden Content
    \¯\/¯/ |¯|)¯) /¯/\¯\ \¯\/¯/
    GamerTag: DaRkLoRd X
    /_/\_\ |_|)_) \_\/_/ /_/\_\
    Specs: 2.6 GHz, GeForce FX 128 MB, 80 GB 7200 RPM HD, 1 Inch Thick Liquid Flat Screen Monitor, 2 Custom 52X DVDRW/CDRW Drives, Windows XP P4, 10 USB 2.0+10/100/1000 Gigabit.
    Xbox: Custom Red Blue Xbox, Chrome Wireless Controller, DVD Remote, RCA Xbox TV, Xbox Live
    Games: Crimson Skies, Halo, Top Spin, Midtown Madness 3, Phantasy Star Online, Counter-Strike

Default Counter-Strike

I think im going to have to say get Counter-Strike, and since its the king of all multiplayer games on the pc then its certainly a must buy for me

Los Angeles Int'l Airport lax_defense's Avatar

I'm pretty intent on getting CS now. My friend just talked to me online about RS3 and he was a little disappointed with it. O well. I guess its CS for me.

Rent both of them or play both of em. Perhaps a friend of yours might have one.BTW i played R63 and i loved it. Im getting it to play multiplayer on lan.
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

Thread Information