Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EA officially worst developer for Xbox.

Originally posted by dudeman48174
    EA sucks donkey testies

NO WAY!! That would mean that EA is cheating on their goat! Scandal!!

EA has made several good games and in general they are not THAT bad. However, they can get quite disappointing most of the time.

As everyone would say:

EA SUCKS!

I was gonna come here and try to defend EA after reading the first post. But i wont. This is why.

I am going to buy Need for Speed Underground tomarrow and the xbx version wont have ststem link from what i hear. Only the PS2 and PC will support online play. Now i have to buy the ps version + a modem for my PS2. Im not too happy to spend about $35 extra to play online. However the game is fun. They need to put a damn system link mode for xbox users. Linking consoles is one of the best parts of modern gaming.
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

Alien

Originally posted by RagunCajun
    I was gonna come here and try to defend EA after reading the first post. But i wont. This is why.

I am going to buy Need for Speed Underground tomarrow and the xbx version wont have ststem link from what i hear. Only the PS2 and PC will support online play. Now i have to buy the ps version + a modem for my PS2. Im not too happy to spend about $35 extra to play online. However the game is fun. They need to put a damn system link mode for xbox users. Linking consoles is one of the best parts of modern gaming.

NFSU is the only game im supporting from EA, is has system link but no live....which is kinda sad but besides NFSU EA let me down in many ways

Friend Request + No Message = Instant Decline

|360| Xbox 360 Elite - Resident Evil 5 Edition
    |PC| Asus - eeePC-1015PN[TEMP]
    |WP7| HTC - TITAN
    Achievements at home, on the move, and on the go.

I gotta back my buddy Lynx on this one, not because he's a fellow staffer but because of one simple point he made..........

porting over a game is one thing, but purposely making the xbox version an inferior product to make the PS2 look better...give me a freakin break.

And like Mac said, MS is flipping the bill for XBL, why would they let a developer have control over anything.

Personally, I think Sony is throwing a butt load of money EA's way just to keep them away form MS and XBL compatabilities. All of PS2's strengths from a year ago are slowly crumbling, and I don't want to hear any sales figures because we get at least 5 to 10 PS2's exchanged a week, sometimes for the 2nd or 3rd time, and you know damn well Sony uses each one of those as units sold.

EA...Love em' or hate em', it's your choice, but me thinks their backing the wrong horse
    Last edited by Highlite23; 11-18-2003 at 09:11 AM.

Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
    I gotta back my buddy Lynx on this one, not because he's a fellow staffer but because of one simple point he made..........

porting over a game is one thing, but purposely making the xbox version an inferior product to make the PS2 look better...give me a freakin break.

And like Mac said, MS is flipping the bill for XBL, why would they let a developer have control over anything.

Personally, I think Sony is throwing a butt load of money EA's way just to keep tham away form MS and XBL compatabilities. All of PS2's strengths from a year ago are slowly crumbling, and I don't want to hear any sales figures because we get at least 5 to 10 PS2's exchanged a week, sometimes for the 2nd or 3rd time, and you know damn well Sony uses each one of those as units sold.

EA...Love em' or hate em', it's your choice, but me thinks their baking the wrong horse
    I fully agree with your arguement. Their way of making the Xbox look bad is horrid.

I don't think that we need to carry this on much further. I don't give a damn about EA so to speak and I'll say this the Xbox don't need them they need the Xbox. I guarantee you that EA will kiss the xbox ass real soon.
    Last edited by mattgame; 11-18-2003 at 10:38 AM.

This is MY HOME

Originally posted by Cloud Strife
    I actually kind of like EA. There really not my favorite developer, but they've made some good games. I've actually been looking forward to MOH: The Rising Sun since I liked Frontline. I played Need for Speed Underground and that was a great game also.
    Don't really recommend it Cloud. It's not a horrible game, but not as good as Frontline. I didn't think Frontline was that great, but I enjoyed it a lot more than I'm enjoying Rising Sun, and I love WWII games.

I'd say give it a rent first. Had it for two days (rented) and have maybe a good 4 hour session till I beat it on difficult.
    RIP Dave

Originally posted by Chupacabra
    NFSU is the only game im supporting from EA, is has system link but no live....which is kinda sad but besides NFSU EA let me down in many ways
    So the xbox version will have system link??

Anyways I think the ps2 does deserve online play. And it will have it. I also wish the xbox version had live. I dont own lie but many do. I think NFSU would be a great hit on live.
    Hidden Content www.thevgames.com

I only worked three days last week and at least four ps2s came in to be traded for guess what..... xboxes. Just to back Highlite up a little. EA knows what's going on and they will wake up and smell the console that's on the upward swing.
    Last edited by mattgame; 11-18-2003 at 11:27 AM.

This is MY HOME

Borka, you really are a miserable person, huh? I mean, everyone has their opinions, but yet, if they don't agree with your own, you go ape *hit on them. I just don't get it, it seems that no matter what we on staff do, we can't make you happy.....

Originally posted by Casper-XBA
    Borka, you really are a miserable person, huh? I mean, everyone has their opinions, but yet, if they don't agree with your own, you go ape *hit on them. I just don't get it, it seems that no matter what we on staff do, we can't make you happy.....
    Tisk Tisk, bypassing the profanity filter!

Just kiddin

Thumbs down

Phuck EA. They pulled this same kind of crap with my beloved Dreamcast. I refuse to buy any of their games on principle. When I read about the refusal to support Xbox Live I was not suprised they can take Sony's rod and work it all day for all I care. As it is now I have way more quality titles than I even have time for. While were on the topic Rockstar can shove it too for attempting to get an additional 10 dollars from Xbox owners for their double pack....I don't think so.

I recently saw an interview with someone from EA on the team that made Need for speed Underground, and he stated that "this time we listened to what the kids had to say, and made a game around that." (not exact words, best I can remember) Ea seemed all proud that they came up with this idea to listen to the people they were making the game for, no wonder people boycott them

My friend threw away all his EA games , he was going to give them to me , but I hate most sports titles and I hate EA , so he said okay im just gonna throw them away, So he did , well after we burned a few and used some as frisbee's, the sad thing is we are both in our late 20's , I felt 14 again , He got them in Huge game lot on EBAY so he really wasn't out anything

Originally posted by Casper-XBA

wow Casper, that hurts...... that really does hurt.......

btw, what does this have to do with this thread again?

on the contrary Casper, everyone is siting with Lynx and I am the
    only one who disagreed.

The bottom line is no matter if you hate it or not, Without EA Video Games wouldn't be where they are today?

YES OR NO?

Without EA the fanbase for Video Games wouldn't be what it is today?

Yes or NO?

EA games get some of the best reviews of any games that come out during the year?

Yes or No?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't hate any companies. Each company (EA, ubisoft, Activision, Akklaim....) all come out with great games.

There is no need to go crazy (which is what Lynx did) after one game that's made by EA doesn't have some feature that he wanted......

You talk about overreacting, my god, the guy should win an EMMY.

And now you have everyone cheering alongside with him......

Please......

it's hilarious to me how ummmm. _ _ _ _ _ _ ........ everyone is.

And if you don't see why EA is so important and how much they mean to the video game industry in general (including xbox), then you know NOTHING about this whole industry.

MS wants EA more than anything, and the fact is that EA has no problem releasing LIVE games for the XBOX, but MS must not be doing something that SONY is.

So I wonder who is to BLAME.....

-borka105
    thanks to thrAsher-XBA for the sweet sig

Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince
    My friend threw away all his EA games , he was going to give them to me , but I hate most sports titles and I hate EA , so he said okay im just gonna throw them away, So he did , well after we burned a few and used some as frisbee's, the sad thing is we are both in our late 20's , I felt 14 again , He got them in Huge game lot on EBAY so he really wasn't out anything

lmao.......

do you feel better now?

*get a life man, it's just a game..... it's like you're preaching something...

lmao

-borka105

Originally posted by Vyse
    Phuck EA. They pulled this same kind of crap with my beloved Dreamcast. I refuse to buy any of their games on principle. When I read about the refusal to support Xbox Live I was not suprised they can take Sony's rod and work it all day for all I care. As it is now I have way more quality titles than I even have time for. While were on the topic Rockstar can shove it too for attempting to get an additional 10 dollars from Xbox owners for their double pack....I don't think so.

and did SEGA not pull the same kind of crap on the playstation, playstation 2 and n64?

yeah....

-borka105

Originally posted by borka105
    There is no need to go crazy (which is what Lynx did) after one game that's made by EA doesn't have some feature that he wanted......

You talk about overreacting, my god, the guy should win an EMMY.
    Wow, I never knew that making a thread about a company made you crazy.....and he's the one over-reacting? Come on now...

And if you don't see why EA is so important and how much they mean to the video game industry in general (including xbox), then you know NOTHING about this whole industry.
    Wow, they make cross-platform games and specialize their features for the oldest console out of the big 3. They don't do anything extra for the other 2 consoles, and dumb down their best version to go onto the Xbox. They don't support MY choice in console, so why am I going to support their choice of games?

I have two EA games on the XBox - SSX Tricky and SSX3, that's it, and I didn't even buy them, they were bought for me. I will no longer sit there and stick up for a company that is not listening to the people that deserve the attention - the customer.

MS wants EA more than anything, and the fact is that EA has no problem releasing LIVE games for the XBOX, but MS must not be doing something that SONY is.

So I wonder who is to BLAME.....
    Simple. Sony is giving EA alot more money than MS will, as well as more control for the Online aspect for having control of their servers. MS has XBL and every other company goes with the deal - UbiSoft being the best out there. But yet, EA won't even budge because it's all about them. Screw that. If I was going to buy Madden 03, then come next year, I was told that I can no longer play it again because the new version is out - how f'in fair is that? What's that? Oh, they don't give 2 craps about their customers - just cuz they have the name, they take our money and run with it. Unacceptable...by any means.
    Last edited by Casper-XBA; 11-18-2003 at 03:00 PM.

Oh boy this is gettin' ugly. EA is a great company but they are jerking us on this one. I believe that is fair to say. I believe it is also fair to say that someone shouldn't be ripped for their opinion. We should be able to disagree maturely. EA is not the end all of video games. As a matter of fact, I think they are slipping, resting on their laurels. Ubisoft is doing their damn thing lately. So I reiterate, F EA.

This is MY HOME

Thread Information