Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Xbox has beaten the Gamecube

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by monkeyman

i want a huge colorful mouthwater lolli-pop!!!!!!

and hop-scoth is fun dont make fun of it

easy bake ovens are the greatest i love it!!!!!!!!!!!! they have better power then the gc (hehe i just had to say that)
    lol

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking What Happen

I put up a little picture I found this morning about the gamecube and all these reply’s by the end of the day what happen. You guys posted all day. This is funny. Talk to you guy later Serg_w

Exclamation

Originally posted by Maximus
    Shadow...before I post a link about the GameCube being re-developed, I would ike for you to quote me where I said that. Thanks.
    Hmmm...if it was indeed interpreted incorrectly, I apologize; but this where I quoted you:
    Also, when developing the GameCube, they had plans on developing the "Dolphin"...again...

And, again, my point when over your head and below your feet...you completely missed it. lol...Okay, I guess I can put it into more simple terms that your intellect may understand:

"There is this neat little company called Nintendo that was intentionally trying to change things by developing this neato system called the Nintendo 64 by making it a system that you can add on to instead of having to keep buying console after console." And, dude, you are blowing some serious smoke when you said that they had plans with that for the NES and Super NES... Again, for the third time, look under your N64, the add-on they had in their plans was to create a CD option with a hardware add-on to expand the N64 for the benefit of consumers so that they didn't have to keep buying console after console after console, etc.
    I understood that point very well that you claimed to have "gone over my head and under my feet". But you are VERY wrong about what I know about the SNES. I still own a Super Famicom, and I can very well assure you that the SNES, much like the original Famicom before it, planned to be expanded with a CD-ROM unit, which was developed by SONY, and software to be developed soley by Hal Labs (independant at that time), and NCL. Nintendo folded on this idea in late 1993, and Sony went on to make a 16-bit japanese "Playstation" which went on to become the 32-bit PSX we know today.

And don't forget, many of N64's add-on's did succeed, which is why every controller has a built in rumble function, and the 4mb expansion pak sold relatively well...But you would know that; having the "inside scoop" and all, right?? Blowing smoke indeed....
    And, yes, I am VERY aware of the fact that Sony has done it with the Playstation. I wasn't born yesterday . And, XBox may do it, too...My point is that Nintendo had a plan and didn't execute it...scrapped the entire project...came up with a new system called the Dolphin (WHICH WAS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SYSTEM THAT HAS NOTHING...I REPEAT....NOTHING to do with the GameCube). If you don't believe me, call your Nintendo hot-line and ask them directly. You must forget, I know several people that work there...I know the inside scoop. And, again, it's more than one person.
    "Scrapped the entire project"??? Not only was the DD released in japan, so was the Randnet (64DD) network to support it. But alas, it was too late in the system's life to be profitable in japan, so why bring the same drama to the US?

And as of this Dolphin thing that I'm obviously mistaken about in the first quote, who are these "more than one person" entities? Do they happen to have a web address? I'm very curious about this, as I've heard not a word of this even on the far east shore front (nintendo.co.jp)- the head of all NCL operations...do provide info if possible. I'm on hold with the Nintendo Hotline as we speak.

LOL...why in the hell I'm I wearing down my keyboard while trying to reason with you? I feel like I am communicating with a brick wall.
    A brick wall doesn't respond, or try to "reason" back...

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)
    Shadow Fox, Rogue Ninja of Canine Descent

-Creator of Killer Instinct Perfect

Microsoft or Nympholoft--who do you want to do today???

Originally posted by Shadow Fox
    A brick wall doesn't respond, or try to "reason" back...

i think your wrong
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

VIDEO GAMER SINCE 1976 GamerSince'76's Avatar

Shadow...trying to reason with you is like telling a kid that he cannot have a huge, colorful, mouthwater lolli-pop.

Go with your LameCube and be happy. Enjoy playing hop-scotch as you sway your head back and forth with a drunken smile while holding onto the purple easy bake oven....and be gone
    Hey Shadow Fox: Someone is debating with you. Maybe even saying that you are wrong. You know what to do.

Exclamation

Nintendo Power Line results: no data on a "dolphin" game console...waste of $4 connection fee...

Nintendo Power Line Game Counselor results:
    "Hi, my name is Mike, and welcome to Nintendo Power Line. How may I help you?"

"I need information on the Nintendo Dolphin console, and when it was created."

"I'm sorry, but I have no information on this product. Do you mean the NINTENDO GameCube? It was, at one point, code-named "Project Dolphin"...

"No sir, but thank you for your time."

"Thank you sir, for your time."

[click]
    As you can see, Maximus, I'm pretty intrigued about this "Dolphin". I'd appreciate it if you could share this info more thoroughly, because Nintendo sure won't. If I am indeed proved wrong by your statement, I'd like some proof. I went as far as to spend $6 just then actually hoping to be proved wrong...oh well...

dolphin was just the name of the gc before they could think of a name. they just called it dolphin

Exclamation

Try telling Maximus that like I did, Snoopy...

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    dolphin was just the name of the gc before they could think of a name. they just called it dolphin
    Actually, Snoopy...I live near the Nintendo of America Headquarters and know several people that work there. The Dolphin was actually going to be Nintendo's new console, but, the entire project was scrapped. They had a design and everything for the console. It was replaced with a new project that they called the GameCube, which, of course, we see the results of it today.

By mentioning this, I was simply trying to communicate with Shadow Fox that it's this type of unorganization that turns me off from ever purchasing something from the Nintendo Corporation.

The other thing I mentioned that turns me off, in regards to unorganization, is that they never went through with their plan on adding the hardware that they promised consumers when updating the N64. I understand that the business climate changes, but, they sold half of their plan. I wasn't disappointed with the games that the N64 had, that's not the issue...the issue is with the hardware, not software.

Microsoft, on the other hand, is extremely organized. I can only expect the best from Microsoft in regards to the XBox.

Exclamation

Actually, Snoopy...I live near the Nintendo of America Headquarters and know several people that work there. The Dolphin was actually going to be Nintendo's new console, but, the entire project was scrapped. They had a design and everything for the console. It was replaced with a new project that they called the GameCube, which, of course, we see the results of it today.

By mentioning this, I was simply trying to communicate with Shadow Fox that it's this type of unorganization that turns me off from ever purchasing something from the Nintendo Corporation.

The other thing I mentioned that turns me off, in regards to unorganization, is that they never went through with their plan on adding the hardware that they promised consumers when updating the N64. I understand that the business climate changes, but, they sold half of their plan. I wasn't disappointed with the games that the N64 had, that's not the issue...the issue is with the hardware, not software.

Microsoft, on the other hand, is extremely organized. I can only expect the best from Microsoft in regards to the XBox.
    I respect your opinion for not trusting Nintendo...it making sense is another story. Why didn't you just import a 64DD if it was the hardware you wanted so bad? This I don't understand. OK, in your mind, Nintendo is unorganized- fine. But don't blame them for not producing hardware that they indeed did.

And as for plans, hell, I could b!tch all day about M$ being unorganized because they planned on Xbox servers being up and running at launch back at TGS 2k, but I don't...I could b!tch about them being unorganized because they're "trickling out" their servers for only certain games when they're up.....but I don't.

Why? Cuz Halo kicks ass, and that's what Xbox (and any other console, for that matter) is all about- kicking ass with kick-ass games. And seeing that you're a full 3 years older than myself, one would figure that would be your upmost priority when buying a game, instead of predicting their stock options....

But that's just my opinion; if you're going away from Nintendo just for this nuance, fine. But I only wonder why you waited til' after N64 to ditch them...after all, the SNES CD never materialized...

No, wait---it did- PSX.

I respect your opinion for not trusting Nintendo...it making sense is another story. Why didn't you just import a 64DD if it was the hardware you wanted so bad? This I don't understand. OK, in your mind, Nintendo is unorganized- fine. But don't blame them for not producing hardware that they indeed did.

And as for plans, hell, I could b!tch all day about M$ being unorganized because they planned on Xbox servers being up and running at launch back at TGS 2k, but I don't...I could b!tch about them being unorganized because they're "trickling out" their servers for only certain games when they're up.....but I don't.

Why? Cuz Halo kicks ass, and that's what Xbox (and any other console, for that matter) is all about- kicking ass with kick-ass games. And seeing that you're a full 3 years older than myself, one would figure that would be your upmost priority when buying a game, instead of predicting their stock options....

But that's just my opinion; if you're going away from Nintendo just for this nuance, fine. But I only wonder why you waited til' after N64 to ditch them...after all, the SNES CD never materialized...

No, wait---it did- PSX.

lol, Shadow Fox...Like you are currently, I WAS a huge Nintendo fan. I never bought a Sony Playstation 1 or 2. If you want me to rant on that console, you would find that the rant is far worse than Nintendo. But, because that's not an issue with either one of us, it probably wouldn't be worth the time.

Microsoft never "promised" that the on-line forum woudl be in effect at launch. They "promised" an on-line forum and, yes, they will deliver...coming this summer. This is contrary to what Nintendo has promised, as I have explained in my previous post that I composed to the Snoopster.

And, I really think that I should drive home the point that Nintendo has had some really good games...and, of course, some really horrible games...but, I can also say that every gaming console has horrible games, so, that doesn't matter. I mean, Fuzion Frenzy and Kabuki Warriors won't even make it to my front lawn, let alone to my XBox gaming console. The only way Fuzion Frenzy had a chance to make it on my TV screen was due to the demo found on my Halo disc. I had to learn why this game blew ass...and, well...I did

But, come on now....I'm 26 years old now...I don't find rolling down a hill as a Monkey inside a plastic ball to be very entertaining...also, Pikmin...wtf is that? I could go on with Luigi's Mansion sucking up ghosts with a vacuum cleaner while whistling the chants of I love Lucy....and the new Zelda demonstrates that even a great series has strapped on a diaper. Personally, I am getting too old for that stuff....I just leave it to the kids. It's a great system for children, without a doubt...I've just chosen to move on to, what I feel, are bigger and better things: Namely, the XBox!

~~XboX pRyDE!!!~~

Thumbs down shadow chill out on the link request

Shadow, i know that a lot of people go to board and post just some bs without any link or any kind of proof. It happens all the time and a first reaction is to ask for a link for proof of that info. But maximus is not the type of member to do such things and anybody that spends anytime here knows that. There are lots of things that are true but don't necessary have a link to prove its validity.

Even if he does come up with a link, the orginiating links can lie or be misinformed.

Exclamation

lol, Shadow Fox...Like you are currently, I WAS a huge Nintendo fan. I never bought a Sony Playstation 1 or 2. If you want me to rant on that console, you would find that the rant is far worse than Nintendo. But, because that's not an issue with either one of us, it probably wouldn't be worth the time.
    I don't think I can be labeled a Nintendo fan, considering how many different consoles I own (including a PSX, and a PS2 I sold), and then there's the fact that IMO, console games blow compared to arcade games...(fanboy translation: Namco/Capcom rule over $hitty Microsoft, NCL, and Sony!!!)...so I can't really say I've been a HUGE Nintendo fan, per-se....
    Microsoft never "promised" that the on-line forum woudl be in effect at launch. They "promised" an on-line forum and, yes, they will deliver...coming this summer. This is contrary to what Nintendo has promised, as I have explained in my previous post that I composed to the Snoopster.
    IGN Xbox: So we can expect broadband support at launch?

JA: Of course. And it's not just broadband -- we've got ethernet built in, and that means that if you want to take five of these things and plug them in together, and play together in a space, you can do that. I know that no matter what takes off, in the grand scheme of things it will terminate in an Ethernet jack. So by putting that in, we're ready for the future.
    Coming from xbox ign, right before TGS2k. Here, it is stressed about LAN capabilities, which are obvious considering the Cat-5 jack is standard with the system. Notice how he avoided the question carefully, but still managed to say "of course"...there are other 2k interviews floating around promising this broadband venture, and I will post them as soon as I find them...
    And, I really think that I should drive home the point that Nintendo has had some really good games...and, of course, some really horrible games...but, I can also say that every gaming console has horrible games, so, that doesn't matter. I mean, Fuzion Frenzy and Kabuki Warriors won't even make it to my front lawn, let alone to my XBox gaming console. The only way Fuzion Frenzy had a chance to make it on my TV screen was due to the demo found on my Halo disc. I had to learn why this game blew ass...and, well...I did
    We are DEFINATELY on the same page here...
    But, come on now....I'm 26 years old now...I don't find rolling down a hill as a Monkey inside a plastic ball to be very entertaining...also, Pikmin...wtf is that? I could go on with Luigi's Mansion sucking up ghosts with a vacuum cleaner while whistling the chants of I love Lucy....and the new Zelda demonstrates that even a great series has strapped on a diaper. Personally, I am getting too old for that stuff....I just leave it to the kids. It's a great system for children, without a doubt...I've just chosen to move on to, what I feel, are bigger and better things: Namely, the XBox!
    Fine. Your preference. I don't necessarily condone "kiddy games", as you may call it (I'd much rather destroy someone in CvS2/T4/MvC tourneys ), but I do give all games a chance (except for the obvious Ashley Twins and Barney games, lol), and if you did, you'd see that the majority of the "kiddy games" are actually kick-ass in the gameplay department. Anyone here has as much of a chance beating Pikmin on a first playthrough as they do Halo.

I'm a gameplay freak, (as every true gamer should be), and it doesn't matter if I'm blasting aliens or sucking up ghosts- if it's a challenging game, I'm playing it. Many people that feel the way you do about a game's content more than likely missed out on Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Paper Mario, two of the last great N64 games that redefined the Platform and RPG genres, respecitively. But alas, given that CBFD and PM's cartoony graphical style are shrouding the gameplay (and true wit and adult content in Conker), alot of people (mainly anti-Nintendo activists, and some PS2/Xbox fanboys) never saw how good they really were...

Tis' sad, but true: but your opinion is your own; all I can say is give GCN games as much of a chance (playtime, interest) as you would an Xbox or PS2 game before you bash them in a general statement.

Just to let you guys know, i read a little less than half of the posts, too many words, ya know

WOOHOO! The day has come, the true XBox fan (Maximus) and a true GameCube fan, quoted to be an xbox fan but all he talk about is the GameCube and Rogue Squardron (Shadow Fox), debating like crazy! I'm loving this! Go Maximus! Go Shadow! WOOHOO! AHH I LOVE IT!
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you
    i died inside my own head
    and i'd die again for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired
    and i'd die again for you

so kill me with the love that you won't give to me
    and pack the wound with salt i want to feel it bleed

Exclamation

Originally posted by -gula
    quoted to be an xbox fan but all he talk about is the GameCube and Rogue Squardron (Shadow Fox)
    Where was I ever quoted as an Xbox fan? And you may not have been reading my most recent posts here, -gula, but the majority of them were about Xbox problems and solutions. And to denounce you more, I haven't played Rogue Leader since December; it's all about the Madden, Smash Bros, and Mad Dash Racing now...

Anywayz, if I HAVE to be some type of fan here, I believe an "arcade fan" would be the best description of me. You may think otherwise, but come to B6 this year, or the semifinals for CvS2/SCII and get your arse kicked in by Evil Ryu and Cassandra. Hopefully, then you'll believe me- not that I care...

Shadow...I guess the only conclusion that I can come up with is that you have a very strange taste in gaming genre...and, I probably do, too...so, I guess we can part our merily ways...

And, if you want to call me an XBox fanboy, that's great! Because I am! I have no pride in not being called one! The XBox simply kicks the living crap out of anything else on the market...Microsoft will dominate! They are by far the most innovative company that makes the most innovative gaming console ever available to consumers!

Try playing the GameCube on-line! LOL...Try linking multiple game cubes together!! LOL...Try playing a DVD movie! LOLOLOL...

when i had my n64, i was all excited about the 64dd coming out, then when i heard it wasnt comin to the us, i was dissapointed. probly everyone who had a 64 was excited about that thing and when they heard it wasnt coming out, they were probly mad too. who would even want to import one now, or even when it came out? it has like 5 games and most of them suck. addons dont sell, which is probly why microsoft put everything in one system, so people wouldnt have to run around buying like 5 different addons. and before u say something about the dvd addon, take a look at the ps2. its gonna have like 3 addons. hard drive, broadband, multitap. no one wants to pay more for addons when they can just get a system that already has them for the same price. haha, im kinda off topic now, so ill stop

If nintendo wants to get rid of the "kiddy" image they need to stop making fisher price addons....jesus...I saw that picture at first and was like, what the hell.....gamecube by day, shuffle board by night! I guess nintendo needs to make other uses for the system, since the gamecube really dosn't have any good games.....*waiting for gamecube fan to come back with witty reply why monkey ball is better then halo?!!*

Originally posted by bryanhls
    If nintendo wants to get rid of the "kiddy" image they need to stop making fisher price addons....jesus...I saw that picture at first and was like, what the hell.....gamecube by day, shuffle board by night! I guess nintendo needs to make other uses for the system, since the gamecube really dosn't have any good games.....*waiting for gamecube fan to come back with witty reply why monkey ball is better then halo?!!*
    I like that "Fisher Price addons". They could try and change their image by not making Fisher Price type games too such as Super Monkey Ball, Luigi's Mansion, Pacman 2, Pikmin (I think thats what it's called).

With all the great games coming out for the Xbox it will become harder and harder for Gamecube fans to debate the way they are debating now.

Thread Information