Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help...i need aFootball game for a non sports fan

Quote Originally Posted by CRAYMAN

Hahahaha, that's hilarious.
    You're absolutely RIGHT! There is way too much to keep track of.
    In a matter of seconds, you must analyze the defense, keep an eye out for blitzes, find the open receiver, press the corresponding button and determine lob or bullet or ?.
    There is a learning curve that is STEEP. And to enjoy the game you must understand the basic rules of football. If you don't care about football, it's going to be difficult motivating yourself to learn the necessary details and practice enough to ensure an enjoyable experience.
    Have fun with Doom 3!
    at least someone understands...(unless that was sarcasm..in which case, forget my last statement)

Slowride

Ncaa 2005

Severd hed, your knowledge of basic football is absent. What made you think you would enjoy a sports game, without having a clue about it?

All your griping is over real rules of the game. (which we all pretty much figured out, besides ChampTTU)

So what I am trying to say is, there is no football game for a non-football fan. Football is football.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by severd hed
    im not saying that the game sucks..im sure that it is a good game...i just dont like it. (i also dont like RPGs) i dont like games that you have to learn to play before you can play them. i want a game i can pick up and play and get right to the action, regardless of the subject matter. Im not trying to bash the football game..im just saying it clearly isnt for me. im sure i can find someone who wants it..it looked like a good football game.

and personally, i find it ridiculous that we as a society pay people millions of dollars/year to play a stupid game, while the majority of us have to struggle to pay our bills. professional sports are stupid, and a waste of time and money. nobody deserves to make millions of dollars to run around with a ball for a few hours.

which brings me back to games..i just dont like sports games and rpgs. games used to be just that..games. something you could pick up and play for a little while, then move on. but now everyone is heading towards all of this micromanagement crap. where instead of just controlling your characters and makign them jump and run and kill...now you hvae to decide what they have for breakfast, how they earn their living, where they get their hair cut and a bunch of ridiculous stuff like that. i dont want to spend 20 hours in a game just to earn a new pair of boots to wear. IT looks like the new GTA game is also going to suffer from this same fate. i dont want to run someone's life in a video game...i have my own to deal with. when i play a game, i want to do something that i cant do in real life..like run around in a space station in mars, killing off demons. if you ask me..thats much more entertaining than deciding what some guy is going to wear.
    The money that some of these guys make is pretty lame. I think the high saleries have, in fact, hurt the game (and others) more then anything that has happened in the last 20 years.

People need to get over the hero worship and stop idolizing guys for throwing, running or shooting a ball. We can still appreciate feats of physical ability with out worshiping them. Especially, when a large portion of them are criminals (about 20% in the NFL and 40% in the NBA).

Whatever, I guess people are just stupid, and as long as they are I won't fault the players for taking their money. If someone offered me millions of dollars to play a sport I'd be all over it like stink on s**t.

I still love football, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm not watching role models or spending tons of cash on merchandise, season tickets and hot dogs. I'm not willing to spend over $100 to take my family to a football game, especially when its the freakin Cardinals Free tickets come around once in a while and thats cool, but I ain't payin for some owners Limo or some players defense attorney

ps Its a bit childish to question someones manhood because they don't like sports. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by JJaX-XBA
    Severd hed, your knowledge of basic football is absent. What made you think you would enjoy a sports game, without having a clue about it?

All your griping is over real rules of the game. (which we all pretty much figured out, besides ChampTTU)

So what I am trying to say is, there is no football game for a non-football fan. Football is football.

i just hoped that the video game version would be more run that the real thing. i hate nascar, yet, i enjoy playing nascar games. i was hoping football could be the same way..but it isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by OC Noob

ps Its a bit childish to question someones manhood because they don't like sports. To each his own.
    Its normal for men to mess around like that. Its almost a form of bonding...

Now go bake me a cake.
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 08-13-2004 at 03:54 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

well, i took it back to EB today, and exchanged it. i then saw they had buy-two-get-one free on preowned games...so i picked up The Suffering, Kill Switch, and Otogi: myth of demons

Sit down and Shut up!!!!! CharlieHustle's Avatar

so you should be happy now, right???? and silver i see you browsin this thread.. look at my trade offers.. quit duckin me..

ESPN 2K5 is the premier football game for the hard core and casual fan alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Peepers
    ESPN 2K5 is the premier football game for the hard core and casual fan alike.

True but he isn't even a casual fan.

Sounds like he got some good games after returning it though.

Quote Originally Posted by JJaX-XBA
    Its normal for men to mess around like that. Its almost a form of bonding...

Now go bake me a cake.

Chocolate or white?

I've got sprinkles!!!

Quote Originally Posted by severd hed
    at least someone understands...(unless that was sarcasm..in which case, forget my last statement)

It wasn't sarcasm...(unless you're being sarcastic...if so, I retract my earlier "It wasn't sarcasm" comment).

Talk about "fear of commitment." No-football playin' girly-man.

lol well, as it turns out..i really enjoy the 3 games i got instead of the football game..so i am happy. they have their faults i guess...but they are still alot of fun.

otogi is cool, but there is no tutorial mode, and if you dont read the game manual...you wont understand what is going on. like why you die without getting hurt. (your magic meter slowly falls, once it reaches 0, your health starts dropping..so if you are slow and dont kill bad guys to replenish your magic..you will just die)

kill switch is alot of fun..it looks like your typical 3rd person shooter..but it isnt. your character isnt built like a tank and cannot take 3 clips from an ak47 to the chest and keep going. you have the abilitiy to take cover behind all kinds of stuff, it is really cool how it works, and makes it feel different than every other shooter. the only real complaint i have with this game is the camera...it is a little too close to the character sometimes, making it more difficult than it should be..but overall, it is alot of fun.

the suffering is pretty cool so far, i havent played it much..but it is kinda creepy. voices whisper to you telling you to kill people and stuff, it is pretty cool.

If you're not a football fan and don't follow the game at all, but want something to get into, get last years version of Blitz (by Midway) or NFL Street - those 2 are both arcadey as hell and are 'pick up and play'.

Sorry you don't like ESPN, but that's like me actually enjoying a game of volleyball - I can give 2 craps about the sport, so I won't enjoy it. But I'm a diehard sports fan regardless, so I'll get my hands on anything that peaks my interest - and ESPN NFL 2k5 is the best sports game I've ever played.

Yep Severed, Casper is right man. NFL Street would be a great pickup to just sit down and play. I love ESPN, but I am a pretty hardcore football fan. I know defence schemes, formations and just about everything football. It is not a game for a casual fan really though. It is far too much in depth to just sit down and have fun with not spending any time learning the game. The learning curve is steep enough when you know football, if you don't know football it is right next to impossible.

By the way, The Suffering a fantastic game. Only to be played after 11pm at night with all the nights out in the house.
    Salmy says:
    so I'm going to this stupid optimist dinner tonight that my buddy's dad invited me to
    Salmy says:
    I'm pretty pessimistic about it

Thread Information