Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will Xbox get "family fun games"?

Default When will Xbox get "family fun games"?

When will Xbox games some family fun games?
    (ie, games that are fun for the whole family, young and old, male or female. Like Super MonkeyBall, Chu Chu Rockets, Mario parties, Trivia, Puzzle games, cutesy games, anime games, cute RPGs etc)

I know Xbox has all the "coolest" looking games, but they only look cool to teenage boys and young men. My parents, older sister, and smaller brother all think they look ugly (because of the the color scheme in the games, brown, green, grey in almost all Xbox games). If it is not the color scheme that bothers them, it is the ugly characters in the games! ie, the only 2 platformers for Xbox is an ugly green brown boney alien, and some sort of ugly blue elf.

Gamecube has a whole mess of games that appeals to everyone. PS2 has a bunch in the pile of games it has. Xbox has none.

Xbox seems to have all the "dark moody" games and not much else. And dont say Shrek is cute! He is almost the ugliest main character you can put in any game. And Mallice seems to be a very "dark" game (like the game Alice). Fusion Frenzy is also a "dark" game, you are in a post apocolypic world where you do mini games to kill each other (it may be fun for 5 mins, and no single player adventure kills it).

How about a game that is not post apocolypic color scheme, and not about killing everything and everybody, and characters that you will want to buy as a stuffed toy, and gameplay that a causal non gaming girl would pick up easily?

My sister and brother are bothering me for games that are "fun" to play together on Xbox. But so far, I have found none.

They keep yelling at me, saying "you wasted $550 on a system with no games!", what can i do? I cant find any games to suit my family. They want me to sell it and get a gamecube, since it has all the "family fun games". and MONKEY BALL RULEZ! (my cousin has it)

When are we going to get games that everyone will enjoy, including my grandparents?

there's shrek, and xbox isn't reallly a family type system... its more of a teen-adult system... if you want games for the family you should get a gamecube

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

I disagree with what you said about Fusion Frenzy, you don't try to kill each other at all. My little cousins love that game, they always want to play, and there 7 and 11.

yeah fruzion frenzy aint a killing game you just get knocked out of the running or whatever
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

Originally posted by monkeyman
    yeah fruzion frenzy aint a killing game you just get knocked out of the running or whatever
    You just beat the crap out of the other guys, and steal things from them... that's not even close to killing them

Originally posted by Plewis

You just beat the crap out of the other guys, and steal things from them... that's not even close to killing them
    Ya BEATing the crap out of people and STEALING their belongings, as well as blowing them up in the snake game, and the tank games, and shoving everyone off a cliff and drowning in water is "family fun". LOL..

Oh well.. i guess I should sell my Xbox and get a gamecube then.

but i like my Xbox! (but i cant please anyone else with it)

Well...there's supposed to be a Rayman Arena and a Looney Tunes game coming out for X-Box. But face it, if you need kiddie games, you're probably better off convincing the folks to get a gamecube. The X-box isn't really being marketed towards young crowd. They left that market for Nintendo.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Originally posted by dougi3000

Ya BEATing the crap out of people and STEALING their belongings, as well as blowing them up in the snake game, and the tank games, and shoving everyone off a cliff and drowning in water is "family fun". LOL..
    Ya, but it's not done in a graphic, or remotely realistic way. I mean, do you let your kids watch cartoons, they're more violent than Fusion Frenzy is.

blub blub blub

I really don't think you'll see many "family" games for the Xbox, and I don't think that will hurt it at all. People generally know that the E rated games come out on a Nintendo system. As for dull colors, I suppose you haven't seen JSRF or Cel Damage yet. JSRF is **** colorful and bright. Just ignore the parents and play that black box

Originally posted by Gortholomew

...I mean, do you let your kids watch cartoons, they're more violent than Fusion Frenzy is.
    Oooh...this is so true!!!

But why can't Xbox have it all??? Even the PS2 has some family oriented games.

It is the greatest gaming console so far. But how can it be that great if non-gamers don't play Xbox, and instead play Gamecube?

For the $450 price tag I would have hoped it would encompass all the features of all the current consoles and then some.

So I have to spend another $300 for a Gamecube to round out the software library with inferior hardware options?! What a ripoff!

There are no family oriented games slated for this year or the next year for Xbox according to the release lists.

Default Yeah

Originally posted by Plewis
    there's shrek, and xbox isn't reallly a family type system... its more of a teen-adult system... if you want games for the family you should get a gamecube
    I know this whole discussion is a little childish but I agree that Gamecube tends to be more to the side of safety and no guns. If they had Halo and GTA3 on Gamecube it would probably be a big hit
    Are you Ready for the XBox Revolution?

Official Avs Fan of XBA kornavs19's Avatar

X-Box games are based on an older aged variety of people. They make most games for M and T. Not alot of E except sports games. If your a kid you should get something out of the nintendo variety.
    Id say 007 is like there most bloodiest game and compared 2 X-Box that would be like rated E. Any way X-Box isnt goanna go make kiddie games because they all ready have attracted the older buyers.

lol, XBOX was made for 14-24 year olds say MS. They have made some like oddworld, shrek, fusion frenzy and... ummmm yeah.

Fusion frenzy rocks though!!!

Originally posted by dougi3000

Well you referred to Mario Party as "family fun." Well in mario party you have a tank game where you lob bullets at other players. Oh yeah and that game where if you put up the wrong flag that evil looking turtle cuts your rope that connects you to the ship and you fly away. I forgot about the grab bag game where you steal the coins from the other player or the game where you hit the player over the head with a hammer to get the coin before he does. Well that proves that if you disect any game meant for families you can find violence. I would let a 5 year old play Fusion Frenzy. It's not like he is graphically killing anyone.

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

I think what you should think about is if the system is going to be for you, or your family who obviously have no taste. Don't give me that color scheme crap. Anyone can apreciate the graphics in Halo. More to the point, if you intended the system to be for your whole family, I must ask, how much research did you do before buying the system? No one ever promised to you that this was a family system. It is family friendly, in that it allows parents to prevent their kids from playing games that they shouldn't, but they wasn't any a single mario-esque game slated for release, with the possible exception of Shrek and not even a kid would have fun with that one.

In essence, where you are blaming MS for not delivering, I am blaming you for not making an informed decision.

Yep, definetly should have bought a Gamecube. Xbox is geared for adults. Clearly.
    Currently playing: Soul Calibur 2, Dino Crisis 3, Splinter Cell

Xbox

Wink

....My 9 year old sister plays halo, and my 49 year old dad plays it also. Heck, I had the Gamecube and My Dad gave me $100 if I returned it for the X-Box , Im lucky I guess. JSFR OWNS!! I just got that game IT OWNS!! SSX Tricky is also a bright game. And I almost convinced my sister to buy fusion frenzy.Goodluck with your Gamecube, You should get
    -----------
    Super Monkey Ball

Lugi Mansion

Super Smash Meelee

StarWars

SSX Tricky
    ------------

Well, get a gamecube and you wont have many games in the long run. They are not selling. Third party developers will be dropping like flies soon. You can't compete against deep pockets no matter how good your system is, ask Sega.

Guess what, the age group that buys the majority of the games are 18 and older. Mommy and daddy come out during the holidays.

so you guys are trying to say that no console should have both types of games. It either has to be male gamer games, or family oriented games, and NEVER both on a single console?

Don't you think it would be benificial to have all types of games on a console? Even those that "doesnt use the Xbox's full potential" (I hate that excuse for not putting family oriented and/or colorful games on Xbox).

BAH! I have to scrounge up enough money to buy all the systems then............ *grumble**grumble**grumble**grumble*

Thread Information