Thread: Controller won't connect to 360

Default Controller won't connect to 360

Just picked up an Xbox 360 and the controller won't connect. I've hit the buttons to get the spinning icon on both the box and the controller and the batteries are new (tried 3 different new pairs of batteries). The circle spins once and stops on both but then the controller just flashes. I've tried with two different controllers and the same thing happened. Is the box bad? I've moved it to several different locations turned off just about everything in the house to see if there was interference. The weird thing is when I shut down the box the controller shuts off and if I turn on the controller the box turns on but it won't assign me to a quadrant. Any help would be appreciated, I've scoured the web and haven't been successful in getting this to work.

Thanks - Z

Default controller probs

hi there i have same problem with controllers not working did you manage to fix yours

VIDEO GAMER SINCE 1976 GamerSince'76's Avatar

Since you tried several controllers call Xbox Support at 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and welcome to XBA.
    MY GAMES: GEARS OF WAR 2 // LEFT 4 DEAD // CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR // HALO 3 // DEAD SPACE // oo7 QUANTUM OF SOLACE //

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSince'76 View Post
    Since you tried several controllers call Xbox Support at 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and welcome to XBA.
    I was just about to say that gamer.

Calling xbox support should help. I have never had that problem.

As I have suggested in another post.. When the ring is spinning if you spin the remote in the opposite direction you unlock an achievement!

Are they modded contoller's? becuase I know that llamma.com modded controllers seem to not work as good, I dont think you have a modded contoller since you just got you're xbox, but you never know.
    Pot is a plant,
    That grows in the ground.
    If god didn't want it,
    It wouldn't be around.
    So all you fuckers that don't get high,
    Shut the fuck up and give it a try.

Senior Moderator Ainokeatoo-XBA's Avatar

OR you could try pressing the very small circle button at the top of your controller while pressing the other small circle button on your 360 that 'should' do the trick.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

The cake is a lie.... Variation-XBA's Avatar

Yea you need to hit the small round button beside the memory card slots on the 360, then hold the small round button on the top of the controller for a second to make it synch with that system.

Glad to see no one but me and Ainokeatoo helped :P
    Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from variati0n on www.twitch.tv

Awesome Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Variation View Post
    Yea you need to hit the small round button beside the memory card slots on the 360, then hold the small round button on the top of the controller for a second to make it synch with that system.

Glad to see no one but me and Ainokeatoo helped :P
    Apparently you can't read. All you and Ainokeatoo did was tell him to do something that HE ALREADY SAID HE DID.
    Quote Originally Posted by zappmann View Post
    I've hit the buttons to get the spinning icon on both the box and the controller.
    I am also having this same problem, and just like any biped with any amount of common sense, the first thing I did was hit the Sync buttons. My problem started directly after a momentary power outage. The thing is, my Xbox and all of it's components are hooked up to a surge protector. If anybody who sees this comes across a fix, please quickly make an account here if you don't already have one, and help us out. Theres atleast 20 threads on various sites from people with this exact problem, and not a single one of them ends in a fix.

Awesome Guy

I solved this problem by calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX and talking to one of the higher up's. What I had to do was hold down the sync button on the front of the xbox (with the xbox ON) for 30 seconds, or until the light stops spinning, and turns off. Then I had to turn off the xbox, and unplug the power supply from the xbox, the cord from the power supply, and the cord from the wall, and then remove my hard drive and wait for a minute. Then I hooked everything back up and it worked fine. This works if wireless and wired controllers won't sync up with the xbox 360.

11. Thread Information