Thread: OK, here it is... the $300 Custom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default OK, here it is... the $300 Custom

Voila.

Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Comes with everything you see here. Batteries not included.

I used my two loose figures for the pictures, but the figures that come with the set are the two sealed figures in the last pic. The figures are damn near impossible to find anywhere but eBay. It also comes with the custom box with elastic straps for securing the plate and figures, and of course the custom plate, and finally, a sealed copy of the 360-backwards compatible Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic game.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 12-08-2007 at 08:58 PM.

The Ex-Faceplate Goddess moltenluv's Avatar

OMG I am blinded by its beauty. I am going to have dreams about this faceplate while I am sleeping I loved that game.

Pfft, platinum hits version? At least get the rel copy of the game! haha.
    Not bad, I lik the casing more than the plate (not a SW fan).
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Wow.
    Who is that for (or is it up for grabs)?
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    Wow.
    Who is that for (or is it up for grabs)?
    I made it because it needed to exist.

(I couldn't find a sealed copy that wasn't PH.)

Ghostrider has "first right of refusal," then I'll either eBay it or sell it if I get a good offer.

Um... I am really, really confused. One of those pics has a white button in the plate. But I took all the shots at once. The button was drying from the gloss sealer. But I took the pic of the figures in the box at the same time as the plate in the box.

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post
    It certainly did. God my two passions brought together - Gaming and Star Wars. Yes... I know you've done other amazing Star Wars plates but this one really just floors me. Maybe it's because I love that game.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K View Post

(I couldn't find a sealed copy that wasn't PH.)

Ghostrider has "first right of refusal," then I'll either eBay it or sell it if I get a good offer.
    I'm thrilled. However I have no idea how much to pay for this . PM me what
    you think( ... want most likely ... ) is
    Is it much more expensive than the HALO I bought from you ?
    Hit me, friendship on the side
    PM here, Ebay or to my email directly

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

OMG.... If I had 299.99 I would think about buying it but right now I don't even have $99. lol but all in all very nice.

As always, great job Space!

iMod

Fantastic faceplate!

I have to ask, if you don't mind revealing a few minor trade secrets, what's your technique for the white pinprick stars? I've tried flicking long sable-hair brushes, and that achieves more of a flecked splattered effect than I'd like (at least for something like stars).

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_the_Hated View Post
    Fantastic faceplate!

I have to ask, if you don't mind revealing a few minor trade secrets, what's your technique for the white pinprick stars? I've tried flicking long sable-hair brushes, and that achieves more of a flecked splattered effect than I'd like (at least for something like stars).

Any suggestions?
    God, the last thing I'd want is more customizers around here infringing on my turf.

Turning more people onto customizing is goal #1 here, so if I HAVE an answer, I'll happily pass it on. I have no secrets, at least, concerning the creation of faceplates. Ask anyone, I LOVE to talk about it.

For the super tiny stars, I took Testors flat white model car paint (water based). I diluted it about 10% (a few drops in a tiny bottle of paint.). I shake it good, and pour a little onto a toothbrush. Before it can run through the bristles and onto the toothbrush, I turn it upside down so the paint runs to the top of the bristles again, and I flick it at the faceplate. I move it around, but then hold it still in spots to make "clusters."

Same process for the blood on the Heroes paints except that I don't thin the paint so the spots are bigger and more randomly sized.

Once done, then I put a little more paint on the brush and whack it against a stick or board. That throws the larger dots of paint.

I've tried dropping drips of paint one at a time from a high level to "splat" on the plate, but the falling drops can't get up enough speed. They still land as dots. I've only tried that with the unthinned red paint. It might work differently with the thinned white paint.

iMod

For the super tiny stars, I took Testors flat white model car paint (water based). I diluted it about 10% (a few drops in a tiny bottle of paint.). I shake it good, and pour a little onto a toothbrush. Before it can run through the bristles and onto the toothbrush, I turn it upside down so the paint runs to the top of the bristles again, and I flick it at the faceplate. I move it around, but then hold it still in spots to make "clusters."
    Huh... interesting. I'm going to have to try that exact Testors/Toothbrush combo. I've done small art brushes and toothbrushes in the past, and I tend to get heavier results, or things that appear to be "moving" in a certain direction. IE...

Obviously I added some splashes for dramatic effect, but I still couldn't manage to get the itty-bitty dots all by their lonesome.

Dunno, perhaps I'll try it from straight above. I can't imagine they'd spread/slide too far in any one direction that way.

OK, here it is... the $300 Custom
    Or $124.41, whichever comes first.

Thread Information