Thread: Total n00b, Looking To Buy?

GiRl GaMeR

Question Total n00b, Looking To Buy?

Alright, So Im new here and Im looking to buy a custom. I've tried to make my own with your awesome "How To" thread, but my hands just weren't made to draw =[

I've been browsing as a guest and I finally registered. Is there a faceplate creator that would be willing to help me? I don't have any to trade, but I would pay.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by XxBlackIcexX View Post
    Alright, So Im new here and Im looking to buy a custom. I've tried to make my own with your awesome "How To" thread, but my hands just weren't made to draw =[

I've been browsing as a guest and I finally registered. Is there a faceplate creator that would be willing to help me? I don't have any to trade, but I would pay.

Thanks!
    Welcome to XBA.

For sure there are a number of customzers here. Who can help you depends on their time available, what you want to do, and how much you have to spend.

A good place to start would probably be to share a little info about what you have in mind. You can also check out the plates in the database by clicking the little white "faceplate" lettering at the top of the page. It only shows the last 50 or so, which right now all happen to be custom plates made by Air Effex and his partner. Click on "see all" to, well, see all of them.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

GiRl GaMeR

=] Thanks for such a quick reply. I was checking out some of the faceplates, and haha I LOVE your toy story one. Do you still have it? If so would you be willing to sell it?

What I had in mind was somthing totally random. Somthing to do with The series Twilight, my itty bitty home town, possibly the anarchy symbol. Like I said, totally random...lolz

GiRl GaMeR

Just curious, Is it possible to take off the black (or in most cases white) cover? Like the aluminum case I guess it is. Because I have an idea for what I would like if its possible. Haha does that make any sence, do you know what im talking about?

I only made a couple of those. I made one, and then had a gun to my head to make a couple more. I have stuff to make another one, but they're such a pain in the butt, you'd have to pay me a mint to do it.

I can do things like logos so I could do something that said "Twilight" or had an anarchy symbol. If you wanted one of the characters, you might see what Air Effex would ask to do it. I don't know what your hometown is so I can't make any suggestions there.

Are you talking about actually removing the whole cover to your console? Yes, it can be done. People sell replacement cases that are clear, or you can take it off and cut pieces of it out. Or you can have a case painted, and then swap the guts from your Xbox into the case.

Here's the problem:

1) It usually requires tools the man-on-the-street doesn't have. (Or woman.)
    2) It usually requires know-how the man-on-the-street doesn't have.
    3) You void the warranty.
    4) You elimiate the possibility of Microsoft ever touching your machine again. If you damage it in the swap, or if it dies for any reason later on, EVEN if you offer to pay for it, Microsoft won't do it. They'll ship it right back to you, lest they be held responsible for any damage YOU might have caused by getting inside the machine.
    5) You risk your own person safety, from sharp metal cuts to electric shock.
    6) Oh, and you risk damaging the components beyond repair. Zap a chip, and you can just throw the whole thing in the trash.

It's for these reasons that we not only discourage opening consoles, but we forbid talk about it (except warnings like this.)

Faceplates were created to allow you to express your individuality while leaving your console and your warranty intact. Embrace that, and forget about modding.

GiRl GaMeR

Alright fare enough. Sorry I didn't know about the modding thing. Does having paint on the case void it? I wouldn't think so... but then again its mircosoft >.< I do have an idea if you, or another customizer is interested. Im going to be getting a new Xbox Elite in may or sooner, because mine is about to bust. So would be really sick is to have someone draw each of the four Twilight covers on it.

Alright fare enough. Sorry I didn't know about the modding thing. Does having paint on the case void it? I wouldn't think so... but then again its mircosoft >.< I do have an idea if you, or another customizer is interested. Im going to be getting a new Xbox Elite in may or sooner, because mine is about to bust. So would be really sick is to have someone draw each of the four Twilight covers on it.
    I don't work on consoles because I don't want to take the responsibility of killing someone's Xbox. I kill a faceplate, I'm out a few bucks. Your Xbox comes back to you not working, I'm out a whole lot more.

I'm actually talking to Air Effex about painting a case for ME, but it's a case, not a console. Painting it won't void the warranty as far as I know, unless they blame spray getting in the vents. I'd be more worried about your Xbox coming back with the paint job gone. Look at it this way... if you're going to really paint the box, then just assume your warranty is gone and that you'll be finding someone local to repair it who you can hold accountable for keeping the paintjob intact.

GiRl GaMeR

Yea, that makes sence... don't blame you, people would go crazy if somthing broke in the mail. Anyway, back to faceplates, is there a certain mint you have in mind? Do you still make the Halo 3 Packages? I also like a couple others. Well I mean I LOVE all of your work, but couple that I would like to buy.

Yea, that makes sence... don't blame you, people would go crazy if somthing broke in the mail. Anyway, back to faceplates, is there a certain mint you have in mind? Do you still make the Halo 3 Packages? I also like a couple others. Well I mean I LOVE all of your work, but couple that I would like to buy.
    My asking prices:

The Halo package comes in four versions.
    Green comes with green plate with Master Chief button, plasma grenade, ammo box, and green figure. Because the green figures are the ones everyone wants, I have to charge more for the green set. It costs $135.
    Red comes with red plate with Master Chief button, plasma grenade, ammo box and red figure. It costs $125.
    Blue is just like red. It costs $125.
    Clear is also a little different. It requires a clear plate which costs more, and I can't do a clear Master Chief button because they don't make them. The clear plate doesn't come battle-damaged and just has the Halo "3" on it. It comes with the plasma grenade and ammo box, and clear figure. It also costs $135.

It's up to you whether I add the battle damage to the figures, but I wouldn't on the clear one since the plate doesn't have it. ( I mean, you wouldn't see battle damage if you were cloaked, right?)

The Toy Story Aliens plate is also $150. Not only do I have to pay to import little aliens, but I have to get a clear plate, and I have to custom make the knob and arm. At ten bucks and hour, I'm still taking a loss on the plate.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 03-07-2009 at 02:31 AM.

GiRl GaMeR

Kk, I just sent a Pm. Thanks Again =]

Default hi

yes, you are correct

Default Looking for a customizer !

Hello there guys, I would like my face plate customized, i know exactly what i want. Here s a link to a video and in that video is a custom faceplate. Its a green flame background with black writting and i love the font. But instead of it saying Grizz, i would like mine to say RattleSNK. Let me know if you would be able to do this for me and how much money would it cost.

Thanks

Default Here

Here is the link to the video, i forgot to addt in the last post sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-yPAmjEFcM&NR=1

It wasn't a clear enough picture to see if it was airbrushed or whatever. I could do it with stencils, but ohsay could probably do it. He has an auction on eBay for making a custom plate in a graffiti style. You sure you don't want to just try it yourself? Find a font online, write your 'tag, blow it up on your printer, and trace it onto a plate.

I would rather have a professional do it. Sorry change of plan, instead of rattlesnk i would like it to say man2 (its my xboxlive gamertag). I tryed to repair my 360 myself and apparently it is idiot proof lol i had a step by step video to follow and in the end i made it worse lol the thing wouldnt even turn on! And im really not much of an artist. So which ever one of you guys can do it please let me know and tell me the price. Thanks

I cant find that guy on ebay. What exactly do i type in to get his items up?

Thanks

It must have closed. Just send a PM to ohsay in here.

with order comes chaos OBL infad3ll's Avatar

one of my friends is good buds with zzirGrizz. ill ask my friend to ask grizz what that font was
    LIFE GOAL: to own all 600 faceplates in the gorillaz launch collection
    -current progress 1/600 Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Ok thanks

Oh, wow im a wanted man
    never recieved any PM from you man,

but if your still wanting it done, just hit me up.

yeh i just looked at it, that would be no problem.
    also, I'd do it better than grizz's
    Last edited by Ohsay; 04-08-2009 at 01:28 PM.

OhsayOne's Xbox - Jul 9 2009

When someone makes a mistake there is typically some kind of gift involved... Maybe I can get a new faceplate out of the missed day of gaming yesterday... It is totally like OhsayOne to do something like that.
    Aww my Xbox knows me so well.

7 out of 39,809. mmm.

Thread Information