Thread: Team Xbox Faceplate

Default Team Xbox Faceplate

Hi there,

I was cleaning out some old boxes today and came across an unopened Team Xbox Faceplate that I won as a door prize (with a gift card) at a private Microsoft party at E306. Thought I'd take a chance to see if it was worth anything (I know little to nothing of this faceplate scene). A few googles later and I was at this site, where I see this plate listed as rare. How much exactly should I sell this for? I didn't see any ebay auctions to gauge the value. Also, sorry if this is against forum rules, but does anyone here want it?

Regards,
    Smith

Hey Smith! Welcome to XBA!

You may find some interest around here - members trade and purchase stuff from each other pretty regularly so no worries about breaking any rules.

As far as what the Team XBox plate is worth, not a whole lot to be honest. They used to be pretty scarce and fetched a nice price on eBay (upwards of $100), but a few months ago ShockwaveTXB (the founder of Team XBox) has been selling bunches of them them on eBay for around $20. He may have finally run out though because I haven't seen him list any for a while.

Just searching eBay really quick, it looks like the most recent one sold for $16.

Hopefully you'll like what you see here and want to stick around. Either way good luck!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

Hey welcome to the site,
    yeh not much else to say that wasn't already said by gameking,
    except if your wanting to get rid of it we could work something out, i've been trying to get one from ebay, but kept getting outbid (boo.)

and hopefully see you around the site. maybe you'll stumble on to something addictive!

OhsayOne's Xbox - Jul 9 2009

When someone makes a mistake there is typically some kind of gift involved... Maybe I can get a new faceplate out of the missed day of gaming yesterday... It is totally like OhsayOne to do something like that.
    Aww my Xbox knows me so well.

7 out of 39,809. mmm.

Thanks for the helpful replies!

The sentimental value of this faceplate exceeds $16 for me (I'm not a regular at E3, parties), so I will probably hang on to it in that case. Maybe if that equation is balanced the other way down the road I'll pursue selling it again.

As for faceplate addiction, I had no idea this scene existed to be honest. I've poked around here and seen some interesting stuff - maybe I'll move past my stock 360 look in the near future. At the very least, it's always interesting to see various community obsessions, reminding me the internet isn't just Youtube and Nigerians.

Thanks again,
    Smith

haha i didnt know this scene existed 2 months ago, now its taken over me :P
    most of my money now goes on things for faceplates, on faceplates themselves, and all sorts. i really hope you stick around

OhsayOne's Xbox - Jul 9 2009

When someone makes a mistake there is typically some kind of gift involved... Maybe I can get a new faceplate out of the missed day of gaming yesterday... It is totally like OhsayOne to do something like that.
    Aww my Xbox knows me so well.

7 out of 39,809. mmm.

Thread Information