Thread: Taking the next step is a lot of work.

Default Taking the next step is a lot of work.

I'm frustrated.

There are so many things in the works right now, and none of them seem to be progressing at the rate I'd hoped. E3 is sneaking up FAST, and my time to be prepared for it is disappearing faster than dignity on an episode of "Springer."

The good news: My "Faceplates to be added to the database" folder is dry, sans one plate I just dumped in there today. They built up, and I would get from A-G finished before moving on to another project. Then I'd get from A-G done again, and on and on. This time, by the time I got to the bottom, there were plates that had been in there for months.

Anyway, there are multiple projects hanging in the air:

1) New Faceplate front page.
    2) New Faceplate store
    3) Faceplate charity auctions
    4) Plates to be made in prep of E3.
    5) New Faceplate "My Wishlist" and "My Collection" options in the database.

The problem is that all of these things are waiting for each other. The article that came out in the June issue of OXM (in stores now) was the fuse, and the fuse is burning away but the dynamite isn't ready yet. I'm afraid I'm going to watch my fuse go "Pffft" before the dynamite shows up.

Part of the "deal" with C&C was that I would use their generous offer of signing the plates to do a charity auction that would promote their tour. Guess what? Their tour only goes through the first part of June. They're not going to see a whole lot of benefit from this, and that would be if I held the auction TODAY. I would do it TODAY except that I don't have links to include for the sites because the sites aren't ready.

It's like herding freakin' CATS.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Im here to help if you need any SpaceGhost, just let me know what I can do if anything

I also still have quite a few plates I need to get pics of and get you to add to the database too
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Cool, thanks

Hellon earth159

Spacy,
    Great job with the database. I've been using it to check off what I have and what I'm missing. I've got a couple to plate pics to give you but I have dig my plates out of storage first. A couple you should already have pics of but I couldn't find in the database are DOA Katsumi and Tom Clancy's End War.

I also found a couple of entries that look like duplicates.
    Take a look at these:
    FEAR 2: Project Origin and F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin
    Halo - Airbrush and Decal and Halo 3 - The Final Fight
    Halo 3 by crimsonghostbloodspectre and Halo 3 custom
    I Am Legend and I Am Legend Console
    Mayhem Festival 2008 and Mayhem Festival 2008 (it's listed twice with the same name)
    Rumble Roses and Rumble Roses Custom
    Skulls airbrushed - custom console and Skulls Stacked
    Superhero cbc and Maxx
    Last edited by hellonearth159; 05-03-2009 at 06:39 PM.

FEAR 2: Project Origin and F.E.A.R. 2 - Project Origin: Deleted duplicate.
    Halo - Airbrush and Decal and Halo 3 - The Final Fight: Deleted duplicate.
    Halo 3 by crimsonghostbloodspectre and Halo 3 custom: Deleted Crimson's since he listed it but Air Effex actually made it.
    I Am Legend and I Am Legend Console: Deletd newest entry, changed name of other to reflect Console.
    Mayhem Festival 2008 and Mayhem Festival 2008 (it's listed twice with the same name): Deleted duplicate. I forgot that Kamshaft entered that one already (since he has one, tha schmuck.)
    Rumble Roses and Rumble Roses Custom: These are actually two different plates. One made by someone known by the owner Chris Chamberlain (in the package for storage) and one made by hellonearth159. I saw the Kameo's up close that Chris owns and they appear to be printed right onto the silver faceplate where 159's are printed on clear adhesive labels. They were made using the same picture and are both on silver plates. I thought it funny that there's so much in common between Chris and 159's plates, but they seem to be made two different ways. If 159 made his, and he's sure he didn't make Chris', then I'll leave them both in there.
    Skulls airbrushed - custom console and Skulls Stacked: Deleted duplicate
    Superhero cbc and Maxx: Deleted duplicate.

Thanks for keeping an eye open for stuff like this. It's certainly more than a one man job. I've spent today adding a couple hundred additional pictures. In some cases, they're not really "additional" as much as they are larger versions of the photo in the database. Once I work through the thousand of those I have left, I have actual "additional" pictures to add.

**EDIT** I went back and looked at the Rumble Roses again, and they are clearly stickers, just like 159's. I'm scratching my head how you and he got the same idea, and used the same images, for so many plates. Chris said he thought his were made by someone named Michael Salvador - five bucks he was just butchering your name. Did you make additional copies for other people? I saw the Kameo plates up close and I am certain they were printed right onto the plates.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 05-03-2009 at 10:33 PM.

I have an Endwar plate that I can take a picture of, but my DOAX2 Kasumi plate is autographed. I need a big picture of a plain one, out of the package.

with order comes chaos OBL infad3ll's Avatar

not to add more stress to your life but you should do your whole printing thing and make plates for pax! and then you can sell them to pay for you to go! i just wouldnt be right if there is a XBA get togeather and your not there.
    LIFE GOAL: to own all 600 faceplates in the gorillaz launch collection
    -current progress 1/600 Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by OBL infad3ll View Post
    not to add more stress to your life but you should do your whole printing thing and make plates for pax! and then you can sell them to pay for you to go! i just wouldnt be right if there is a XBA get togeather and your not there.
    Well, I already have plates I need to make and no money to make them. I think an XBAPAX plate would be cool, but Kamshaft owns XBA, not me. HE owns FPA, for that matter.

It looks like I'm going to E3, not going to the Las Vegas licensing expo because it's the same time as E3, maybe going to BlizzCon, not likely going to Comic-Con, hopefully going with my kids to Anime Expo, and up in the air again about PAX.

I have two kids graduating in three weeks, the same week as E3. That costs $.

The "new thing" was supposed to drop "Tuesday or Wednesday" so it might actually happen tomorrow. We'll have to wait and see. Once it happens, I'm gonna be a very, very busy guy for about three days straight so that everything falls in place.

Thread Information