Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XBOX DVD Capabilities

Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
    hmmmmm, i have a lot of CDR's that i have played on my XBOX......i guess im the luckiest man a live ehh?
    nah, a cdr isn't the same as a vcd

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

hehe, when i said sompin about CDR working on my XBOX was refering to the guys who said that they couldnt get CDR's to work on their XBOX.....my comment had nothing to do with VCDs

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    Think about what you're saying. It is impossible to burn a DVD on a CD burner. Why? Because a CD isn't a DVD!

A regular movie DVD holds NINE GIGs of data. It would take about fourteen CDs to hold that much data.

Yes, you can burn MPEG2 video to a CD...about 12 minutes worth. But that doesn't make it a DVD.
    First Hugh, I thought I was going crazy, but then I found this website that confirms what I've seen. The discs I saw are called cDVDs or miniDVDs. It's just burning a small DVD structure onto a CDR/CDRW. Of course, as you mentioned, because of the disc size, you can only fit about 12-15minutes video on it.

http://www.vcdhelp.com/minidvd.htm

Apparently, not many standalone DVD players will play them. I would have thought as long as the player can read CDR/CDRWs they should, but if you click on the link to search for compatible players, it shows the contrary. But they should work on any computer with DVD playback software.

Thread Information