Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official GunValkyrie Thread

Originally posted by Torak
    Anyway, I highly suggest checking this game out. I'd gladly plunk down another $50 to give it to someone, if someone's birthday was around or something. And I don't give people JACK!
    Now that part about the birthday time it's my birthday today, right then mate I'm here waiting for my copy of the game hehehehe

Nar not to worry mate I'll get it when it's over here but thanks for the offer

See ya

Default Does Gun Valkyrie Really Suck!?

I am vastly overdue for a new Xbox game, so I was planning on copping one up this weekend.
    Well im a big Sega loyalist so I wanted to support them by getting Gun Valkyrie, well I just came from gamespot and they bashed the game so bad that im having second thoughts!

Has anyone played or rented the game yet?
    It looks tight, but im not gonna just avoid the game because of a review from da Spot.
    I wanna hear from my fellow addict comrades!

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

Hey Ninja I can't really say if this game suck or not because I have not rented this game yet. All I know about this game is that you Showcasing alien hostility, heavy artillery, and cutting edge genetic technology, Gunvalkyrie blends intense action with stunning visuals as you explore a terrifying world, exterminating an aggressive alien species.

I will rent this game real soon so I can tell you guys about it because I have seen more than one thread about this game.

Originally posted by Serg_w
    Hey Ninja I can't really say if this game suck or not because I have not rented this game yet. All I know about this game is that you Showcasing alien hostility, heavy artillery, and cutting edge genetic technology, Gunvalkyrie blends intense action with stunning visuals as you explore a terrifying world, exterminating an aggressive alien species.

I will rent this game real soon so I can tell you guys about it because I have seen more than one thread about this game.
    Yeah, I read about what the games all about, here's the link where gamespot flamed da mess outta Sega's Gun Valkyrie in their review!
    http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...475252,00.html

Exclamation

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Yeah, I read about what the games all about, here's the link where gamespot flamed da mess outta Sega's Gun Valkyrie in their review!
    http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...475252,00.html
    And this is why you shouldn't go soley by reviews...

IMO, GunValkyrie is an EXCELLENT game. The four stages I've played showcased awsome graphics (cool water effects, gunfire, gadgets), and nonlinear, ununiform gameplay.

The only quirk I've had with this game is the primary control setup. Looking around often means pressing L2 (the thumbstick button), so you'll accidentally blast forward. After awhile, it becomes second nature, and is no longer an issue.

Also keep in mind that IGN rated GV pretty high; so I guess it just depends on what you're looking for. GV is Xbox's answer to Metroid Prime, and I think it's a pretty close rival so far...

In other words, rent the game at least; I'm sure you'll like it.

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict
    Shadow Fox, Rogue Ninja of Canine Descent

-Creator of Killer Instinct Perfect

Microsoft or Nympholoft--who do you want to do today???

Well i bought this game after work last night i slowly unwrapped it from its package and put the disc in my box. I think all the reviewers who said that the controls are hard can go pound sand , sure they aren't simplistic, but i found them easy to adapt to. I'm not pulling of moves like in the demos yet but i am learning pretty quickly. If i had any gripes about the controls it would be that when u want to look up you gotta pull down and when you look down u gotta pull up, I guess that is inverted controls. The graphics are really good to nice textures and a nice green blood when blast away some alien scum. For each level you complete you get money and you can upgrade yer weapons, armor and u can buy extra shields and stuff like that. I think if you like this kinda genre of games you will like this game for sure. I would rate this game in total like 9.0/10

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

If you go to the main page and look at Current Features it says that this game will be on the next OXM demo disc.

Heres a link to it:
    http://www.xboxaddict.com/oxm/May_2002/

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Wow...From what I have read here from Shadow Fox and Shoua, it seems to me that it is atleast worth renting! I was planning on completely passing this up, however, I will consider checking this game out more in depth. Thanks, gentlemen!

From what i've read so far about the game seems to get my interest pretty up for the game. Go check out IGNs review fro the game they gave it a 9.0 overall and it was pretty good review too. But my main problem about games is that the ones i really want to play Blockbuster doesn't have so my next impulse is to go out and buy them. Which so far hasn't been a bad experience (JSRF and Rallisport). But also i've talked to MEC since he has the game and he recommended renting first, Bsut my excitment level is up so high for the game i think i'm just gonna go ahead and buy it.

Originally posted by Maximus
    Wow...From what I have read here from Shadow Fox and Shoua, it seems to me that it is atleast worth renting! I was planning on completely passing this up, however, I will consider checking this game out more in depth. Thanks, gentlemen!
    Yeah, I think GV will end up being a sleeper hit for Xbox this year...

Is JSRF selling any better here in the US? Last I heard it wasn't doing so good, and I like the hell out of this title. I'll have to buy it and GV when I get the cheese to spend in a few weeks...

I think if it does not have a PS2 label on the case, then it will always have a hard time over at gamesot, rent the sucker and judge it for yourself.

I haven't played this game but it is a platform jumping based game! And I hate those type of games so I won't even waste my time and money renting it. I am going to save my money for something that is worth my while. Games that you have to jump from platform to platform are annoying and are the reason I break controllers. Gamespot said this is the type of game where you make one misjump and you lose 10 minutes and have to go back to jumping on all the narrow platforms again. It also stated that the controls could have been better, and the enviroments are repetitive, the enemies are all insect based and also repetitive. I am perfectly content on playing JSRF (beginning to hate this game) and Rallisport Challange (can't put the game down!) till some innovative and origional games come out. And thats my 2 cents!

Shadow Fox where the hell you been? Welcome back!

Exclamation

Originally posted by bryanhls
    Shadow Fox where the hell you been? Welcome back!
    I've been at Nintendose.net, and the Xbox vs GameCube Debate Area periodically. That's where I belong anyway, since it's the only reason I ever signed up here, so I figured that's where I need to post more often.

And I wouldn't count GV out just yet if I were you; just play the game once- I once felt the same way about the game as you did...

well since hollywood video is having .99 rentals on games for the month of april I will give it a try! Still kinda skeptical!

It got an 8.2 as the average out of 352 reader reviews so it can't be that bad. Look through the reader review title messages and I think U'll get an idea.

blub blub blub

Gunvalkyrie is most definately a cool game. Smilebit seems to be great at taking a simple concept and making it d@mn cool. Strip the game down to basics, you have a 3rd person action/platform game. But it's WAY more than that. The jet pack really adds another dimension to it - more often than not, you have to be in the air to avoid being swarmed and to kill those nasty critters. Being in the air requires some slick maneuvers, which I haven't come close to perfecting yet, but getting better. The storyline is pretty interesting too. Don't be afraid to at least rent it...better yet buy it to show your support for Sega and Smilebit.

Is it like a megaman kinda game? I always did love my megaman

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I just watched some streaming video of it at Gamespot.com...and, it actually looks much more impressive than it did a couple months ago. I'll atleast rent it to see what I think

i saw an xbox kiosk that had gunvalkyrie playing...but a little kid was playing it with his brother...they knew i wanted to try the game out, but noooOo, they decided to keep playing the 2 hours i was in there...so then i just left...punk little kids

i still have mixed feelings about this game...i heard that the learning curve was about an hour and a half..about the same as RAW...has anyone in here bought the game yet?? what do you think of it?
    5 National Championships...13 Final Fours...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Thread Information