Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Color is your XBOX?

Talking What Color is your XBOX?

I know Everyone may be asking Why I am asking this question since the Offcial COLOR of the XBOX is Black. Well if you have gotten the May 2002 Offcial Xbox Magazine you would know what I am talking about.

WELL IF ANYONE HAS THE MAGAZINE AND HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT OR HAVE CHANGED THE COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE OR IS?

DON'T HAVE THE OFFICAL XBOX MAGAZINE? THEN SUBSCRIBE TODAY! YOU'LL LOVE IT WHEN YOU GET IT, IT HAS THE BEST INFORMATION FOR WHEN YOUR FAVORITE TITLES ARE COMING OUT AND MUCH MUCH MORE!
    GO TO:
    http://www.oxmonline.com
    SHORTCUT: https://commerce.cdsfulfillment.com/...Code=IX91W2S2Y

Default ANYONE?

HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS MAGAZINE...WHERE IT TALKS ABOUT CUSTOMIZING THE XBOX? MAY Edition. With SUPERMAN on the front??

I got my issuse of OXM about 4 days ago. I saw this article, but don't have the brass to touch my Xbox. I am interested in knowing what other people have done, or might do though.

actually, i took my xbox outside and it had a shade of green in it, so it isnt purely black. try it and see 4 ureselves

Cool

If you put your controller under a bright lite you will notice its a dark green not black.
    I first noticed this at EB, their xbox Kiosk was in direct sunlight and the the conntrollers were green I was like WTF?
    Im guessing the xbox itself is the same .

Talking just like that

Just like that, the xbox is not black but very very dark green.(the controllers too)

(check at a very brite light)
    My games: Halo, Splinter cell, unreal championship, rallisport challenge, silent hill 2, madden 2002, xbox live starter disc.

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

Wink sorry

Woops sorry 88mph I did't see your post!
    My games: Halo, Splinter cell, unreal championship, rallisport challenge, silent hill 2, madden 2002, xbox live starter disc.

Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content

actually, yeah...i was feeling really bored so i decided to try it...i spraypainted the bix X a sorta greenish metallic aqua color and the vent parts silver and the controller silver. it looks sweet and it still works! (oh thank god!)
    XBOX=WIN
    Proud owner of PlayStation 2, Xbox, and Gamecube. ROCK ON!!!

Official MerimacHamwich "Smarty Mahn Numero Uno" Fanclub Member

Hidden Content

oh yeah and i pried out the xbox jewel on the system and put lights in and put a custom, more transparent jewel in. so now i have a glowing green center with black "xbox" written on it. i'm gonna see what i can do with my ps2 now...heh heh...
    XBOX=WIN

Hidden Content

Question Customize?

How do you customize your xbox without damaging it?
    >>>$p@Z<<<

If you want to see how dark green the controllers are, just put them under some sunlight and turn them over, then look at the triggers compared to the rest. The triggers are black and the difference is unsettling!

Default custom boxed

i read that artical about the customized boxes and that one with that acrilic peice and lights on side and top looked bad ass, alot of work though i was thinking about doing somthing like that but alot of $$ and work + i dont wanta mess my pride and joy up

Default black button

Also if you look at the black button under a bright light you can see that it's actually a really dark blue instead of black.

Default Re: custom boxed

Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
    i read that artical about the customized boxes and that one with that acrilic peice and lights on side and top looked bad ass, alot of work though i was thinking about doing somthing like that but alot of $$ and work + i dont wanta mess my pride and joy up
    its really not that hard...there are some good instructions in that issue of OXM. plus, you can do what i di dand test your hand on a controller, be it official or some cheap knockoff, to see how things go. at first i was petrified when i pressed the little button on the can and saw that i had made a permenant mark, but after that, things flowed, and i even spent the extra 30 on the custom jewel...mmm...i looooooooooooove it !
    XBOX=WIN

Hidden Content

I haven't tried taking mine apart to spraypaint it but I have done surgery on one of my controllers.

I had my Xbox precariously perched on top of other equipment when I first got it and it fell landing on and breaking one of my controller plugs.

I ended up having to take the two pieces of plastic off which make the plug cover, bending the metal connectors back into shape, and resoldering the wires to the connectors. The controller works fine now. I can't even tell which of them this happened to.

As far as painting mine a different color, I've toyed with the idea of changing it to something really stupid. Maybe lavender like that console with all the kiddie games.

It is black and that is the way it will stay.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Dude! I'm with Gamer101!! There's no way I'm touching my XBox with anything that will change it!!

It's my black and green beauty....it's all I want it to be

http://www.colorconsoles.com/

I'm shipping my baby this summer, It'll be green with a custom ewel. it'll be BAD GRASS !!!!
    XBOX MSSC
    Hidden Content
    I'm back...for now...

Default Re: Re: custom boxed

Originally posted by Supperdog

its really not that hard...there are some good instructions in that issue of OXM. plus, you can do what i di dand test your hand on a controller, be it official or some cheap knockoff, to see how things go. at first i was petrified when i pressed the little button on the can and saw that i had made a permenant mark, but after that, things flowed, and i even spent the extra 30 on the custom jewel...mmm...i looooooooooooove it !
    couston jewel??? please explain!!

I think I will paint the controllers but im not touchin the inside of my xbox. Maybe Ill paint it, but anyone who opens that thing up has balls

Thread Information