Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom 3

Default Doom 3

Will Doom 3 be better than Halo 2?
    Doom rules!
    canadian beerHidden Content >

uhh...the games arent even out yet so how would i or anybody else know

Just stay on your grind DocHoliday78's Avatar

How in the hell can anyone know? There is only a Doom 3 alpha out that people can play and it is pretty short.
    Last edited by DocHoliday78; 08-05-2003 at 02:56 AM.

Stop dissing the noob

Lol j/k

We can't know anything about this game. There has been nothing really for us to look at yet except for screens. Should be great though!

Doom will probably just be a average shoot em up with great graphics.

But..Far Cry looks awesome it might beat halo 2 in fun? lol it looks awesome ..and its coming to Xbox.

Release The First Skill Shadow20002's Avatar

Hehe... stop cussing the noob huh ? We are not cussing him, just telling the true about Doom 3 and Halo 2. It's hard to estimate who will be the king on Xbox.
    Back into the world of gaming.

Maybe Halo 2 because ID is saying that Doom is going to be very scripted and to me thats not as fun while Bungie is saying the exact opposite

Haven't ever been able to get into Doom. Will definitely give this one a rent at least though. I'm sure I'll prefer Halo 2 unless they completely blow it.
    RIP Dave

Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
    I'm sure I'll prefer Halo 2 unless they completely blow it.
    After seeing the E3 demo, are you sure you can say this? Hehe, everyone would pay 50$ just to play that level!

I now for sure that I am more excited about H2 than D3. That MHO.

Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

After seeing the E3 demo, are you sure you can say this? Hehe, everyone would pay 50$ just to play that level!
    I sure would.
    *Proud to be in the LXG and the 101st Spec Ops*

I believe that Doom 3's graphics will be slightly more advanced than Halo 2's. Buuuuuut....... thats about it!
    FUSA

RadRider

From my experience in Halo, and from what I've seen of the Halo 2 videos, Halo 2 will be heavily scripted as well.
    For scares, Doom 3 will take the cake. For action, Halo will take the cake. For multiplayer... well, it depends on if you like being scared or straight out gun fights. I think Halo will win out in this though, provided they speed up the gameplay from Halo (Ack! I'm walking in cement!). Graphics wise, Doom 3 takes the cake.
    That's my two cents!

Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

Haha, I won't. I'd buy Doom3 with that $50 and get Halo2 with my other $50. Then I can answer the guy's question!

Xba's Official Hierarch TheCovenant's Avatar

Originally posted by SPARTAN VI

Haha, I won't. I'd buy Doom3 with that $50 and get Halo2 with my other $50. Then I can answer the guy's question!

I say halo two, because of multiplayer replayability.
    Doom 3 and halo 2 wiil probably both have extremely memorable single player expiriences and both shouldnt be missed, but halo 2 will keep me on live for year to come. Doom 3 seems to be advanced in the graphics department, but halo 2 has some major background changes due to scripting.....i mean geez, entire buildings blow up! Doom 3 has less changes but the scripting will be more personal, say a monster popping out from a vent next to you (scary as hell).

but fighting mindless zombies, or brilliant battlefield tacticians (halo's elites), what would you rather do?

Cool I say Doom 3 will reign king

But you never know cuz Halo which is soon to officialy become a series has a loyal following. MHO is that Doom3 will have everyone pants wet due to two elements, p.i.s.s.i.ing them:o or just cumming in them do to the beutiful graphics

But hold on could Unreal 2 be a huge sleeper on the BOX this fall??

I Def think that U2 is and will be better than halo whith the addition to the whole Live capability, which it should considering the time it had to do so. As for whether it will be better then the two afomentioned games (H2, D3 ) only time will tell, yeh and the number of game sales!!!
    Last edited by Corona; 08-06-2003 at 02:36 PM.

DOOMIII Man, All The Way...
    It's Just Sick!
    Hidden Content ULTRA-VIOLENCE!

Default Re: Doom 3

Originally posted by Indy0122
    Will Doom 3 be better than Halo 2?
    Doom rules!

Good Question dude! I Love Doom 3 and Halo 2, all I can say is we have to wait and see! But I am sure that Doom 3 and Halo 2 are GREAT and FUN FPS games. Hey don't forget Half-Life 2! That might go also be a game of the year you never know! These 3 FPS games are most my favorite FPS games I ever playde so far! Well I didn't play Doom 3 or Half-Life 2 but I am sure They will both great games! Halo 2 I can say is also a great FPS game. These 3 FPS shooters will sure fight to be the king!
    Leo

Yeah 2004 is going to be a violent year

Yeah I think its way to early to try and judge these games. All 3 of them are gonna be a blast to play and be very awesome in there own right. I think its gonna come down to personal taste.
    Currently owned games:
    Project Gotham Racing2, ESPN Football, ESPN Hockey, Star Wars K.O.T.O.R., Moto GP 2, BurnOut 2 P.O.I., Rallisport Challenge, Project Gotham Racing, Pac Man World 2, Tetris Worlds, NASCAR 2003, Ghost Recon, Unreal Championship, Halo

Thread Information