Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's up with all the defective games?

Default What's up with all the defective games?

Alright. I've bought UFC, RAW, and NBA 2K2 in the last couple of weeks. Each one has some sort of defect:

RAW's audio skips and the game stalls during intros and matchup screens. Sometimes the audio cuts off altogether and there's a popping noise. The only way to get the audio back is to reset the machine. I'm on my third copy of RAW, same problem with each one.

UFC is not as bad, it has a video glitch, the audio skips sometimes, and it only froze on me once (so far) during the loading screen. The game does take a REALLY long time to load between each screen, and I'm not sure if that's normal. Even testing voices in the CAF takes 4-5 seconds to load (each voice).

NBA 2K2 is the worst. Most of the time I can't get past the Visual Concepts video & intro video. If I do get to play a game, the commentary & crowd noise cuts on and off, falls way behind, or makes a popping noise until the end of the quarter. Once I got stuck at the end of a quarter and had to wait several minutes for the game to recover. I'm on my second copy of NBA 2K2, and it hasn't been out for a week.

I don't think the problem is with my machine, because all my old games (Halo, DOA3, NFL Fever) work fine. I'm really getting ****ed off. I used to have ID 2002, and that was defective, too (locked up inbetween free-throws, audio/commentary problems). Does anyone else have problems with these or any games?

yo
    u must have some bad luck....
    cuz i have had no difficulties at all....
    or heard of a lot
    thats too bad....
    peace...
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

XboxGamerX2

Default my raw does that 2

i think its my xbox

I've experince the same thing with UFC but i don't worry about it. Ii still have fun with it. But i'm playing on a tube tv. I want to see how the game plays on flat screen or an HDTV. maybe it doesn't have the problem with one of those.
    Last edited by Toder; 03-03-2002 at 07:33 PM.

bump

my raws audio frezzes sometimes too,dont you think they could of fixed that ,with the delay an all
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

On my RAW game a lot of the wrestlers appear to have been sodomised before they enter the ring. Is there some hidden homo in the back I need to unlock or is my game just defective?

Have you tested these games on a different Xbox? Maybe you've got a defect? Doesn't seem normal that you'd have so many problems with games... it sounds more like a hardware prob.

Just a suggestion,
    Dre a.k.a Master of the Universe
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Default Had my Xbox since launch

No problems..... you guys just have alot of bad luck it seems.

I have the same problem with raw except mine freezes and I hear a loud hum from the speakers.I think it's all just buggy software.

I haven't tried them on a different XBOX, only mine. My first three games play without a hiccup, so i don't think it's the machine. I know that RAW is definitely defective, because I went through 3 copies with similar results, and a lot of people have complained about it on different boards.

It's common sense to know that If all your games don't do It, then It's not your Xbox.

Yeah, I know it's not my machine. That's why I haven't even tried a lens cleaner. I just ****ed that I keep having to drive back & forth to & from stores, or mail games repeatedly. I going back to Funcoland tomorrow night to exchange NBA 2K2...AGAIN.

Kleen Try this.... It worked for me when I was having problems.Call Xbox cus support and give them your serial # of your xbox.Tell them you want the code to input at the system info screen for your particular box. what that code does is restore your xbox to it's factory settings and reinstalls the drivers for all hardware.But be aware that it also wipes your hard drive clean of anything that was on it.i did that and had no problems since then.

The Frew-its of the Devil

The only game thats given me any trouble so far is New Legends. It crashed on me twice. Other than that I've had no trouble with my Xbox (a tiny odd start with Raw aside).
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

xboxer,

man, I don't want to lose all my saves. I'd have to buy a memory card. I 'll have to think about that one. Thanks.

bump

my raw does the same thing if i dont press the start button quick enough on the vs screens.Or if I mess around in the caw. The music will skip then it takes forever to load the features like a mask or glove etc. Also on the vs screens if it skips the audio will go out on the wrestler entrances. This happens to be a common Raw software problem ive seen around and heard about.
    Games Owned: Elder Scrolls 3, Halo,Spiderman,Max Payne,Gun Valkryie,DOA3,NBA Live 2002, John Madden 2002, WWF RAW, Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon

Originally posted by Dave
    On my RAW game a lot of the wrestlers appear to have been sodomised before they enter the ring. Is there some hidden homo in the back I need to unlock or is my game just defective?

BAHAHAHHHAHAHAAHAHAHAH...I'm Dying over here!!!!!! LOL HAHAHAHAHA...that is some funny ****..oh man haha

Dave,
    ROTFLMAO.

man did that make me laugh.Reading all those serious posts then get that.2 funny.
    man i am still howling.

Thread Information