Thread: Protect your XBOX for $15

Default Protect your XBOX for $15

In case you don't already know, a UPS is an uninterruptable power supply. It's a big battery. Normally, you use one of these things to keep your PC running long enough to shut it down properly when the power goes out at your house. However, I don't know if this model has enough juice to supply your XBOX and TV long enough to save your game in the event of a power failure.

The real benefit to a UPS for your XBOX is that it also serves as a line conditioner. If your power is dirty (subject to spikes and brown-outs) then your XBOX may be taking an electrical beating without a UPS. Extend its life, prevent data loss, preserve data integrity, and keep the time/date intact with a UPS.

OfficeMax has the APC 350VA UPS (5 minute run time on the front) for $15 with no rebate. This may be local, may be national, who knows - YMMV.

sku : 20062968
    model number : BE350C

Default not on their website

The item is $49.99 on officemax.com. D'oh. Guess we'll have to check our local stores. Thanks, Hugh_Jass!
    The problem with being better than everyone else is that they tend to assume you're prententious.

Hidden Content

Loves Katamari Damacy StudioAlex's Avatar

A Ralph Wiggum website? America truly is the greatest country in the world! Now all I need is a Disco Stu and a Hans Moleman site...

Originally posted by StudioAlex
    A Ralph Wiggum website? America truly is the greatest country in the world! Now all I need is a Disco Stu and a Hans Moleman site...
    Oh dude, they're out there. I guarantee it. There's throngs of sites for every Simpsons character. Could it be because it's such a great show? Or because web dorks love it? I'd say both
    The problem with being better than everyone else is that they tend to assume you're prententious.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"Disco Stu doesn't advertise."
    http://www.geocities.com/ac982000/chip.jpg

Thread Information