Thread: old school gaming

Default old school gaming

check out this website, it has all the classic arcade games:

http://www.home.zonnet.nl/duijs24/jemu/index.htm

you'll need the java plug in thingy to play em.

oh yeah, i heard green beret is coming to XBox.
    Signatures are a boring reminder that everyone might have a personality.

And if people wanna take it a step further, grab an emulator.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

And a step beyond that... buy the classic arcade machines. I have Tron, Mappy, and Arkanoid, in addition to two pinball machines; Star Trek the Next Generation and Cyclone.

Emulators can't compare to the real deal with the original controls.

Or, once again one step even better..a combo of Jaxx and Hugh_Jass's ideas. Make an emulator arcade. I am starting work on this this summer and have already collected most of my parts.

Its a computer in an arcade box (that I'm going to make) running linux. It'll have a hard drive with a bunch of NES, SNES, and many arcade roms (using MAME). I've started writing a front-end in Perl to select all my rom's etc. Anyhoo.. there are many pages on the net about this.. I'm following this one as a guideline. But I'm writing all my custom software for fun.

Lates,
    Dre
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

first you help me with my J.S. then you reveal a killer idea if i kept a running list of XBA Cool members, youd be at the top

I used to post here a lot.

Originally posted by wwfraven2k
    first you help me with my J.S. then you reveal a killer idea if i kept a running list of XBA Cool members, youd be at the top
    hehe, thanks buddy!
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dre
    Or, once again one step even better..a combo of Jaxx and Hugh_Jass's ideas. Make an emulator arcade. I am starting work on this this summer and have already collected most of my parts.

Its a computer in an arcade box (that I'm going to make) running linux. It'll have a hard drive with a bunch of NES, SNES, and many arcade roms (using MAME). I've started writing a front-end in Perl to select all my rom's etc. Anyhoo.. there are many pages on the net about this.. I'm following this one as a guideline. But I'm writing all my custom software for fun.

Lates,
    Dre
    Thats pretty sweet. How many buttons, players etc will your arcade machine have?

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by Dre

Lates,
    Dre
    Thats really awesome man... you should post some pics as you're working on it!
    Official PILOT of XBA!

on xbox.ign.com, they have a new thing, and its called Resurrection X, and it talks about old sega games comin to xbox, and the first one, is streets of rage! but too bad those bas*ards had to make it insider only, now i cant get it, anyone here have an insider sn/password????

Originally posted by JJaX

Thats pretty sweet. How many buttons, players etc will your arcade machine have?
    Theres going to be 2 player capability. 6 buttons plus a joystick thing for each player..

there's also going to be a big trackball and some other buttons for selecting the roms, saving, etc.

And ya, sure I'll post some pics as I'm working on it. I'll also write a step-by-step guide of what I do so that any other peeps interested in doing it will have an easy-to-follow guide.

Cheers,
    Dre
    The weak shall perish.
    Hidden Content

River Raid, Spider Fighter and Sea Quest on Atari 2600 .......... Ah thems was the days .............. Ahhhhhh.

Thread Information