Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo 2 to be shown at E3

Exclamation Halo 2 to be shown at E3

This is "all she wrote" its all good news!!!

April 29, 2002
    NEWS
    Halo 2 to be shown at E3

Playable at E3? Perhaps. More inside....

Microsoft wants more Xboxes than PS2's under the christmas tree this year, and what better way to achieve that goal than another Halo. Sources say the game will be shown at this years E3, with a possible Q4 release period.

The first tiny bit of details of the game have also been leaked. The entire Halo story is one super-heavy hint about the course of the sequel. We're told that the Halo itself is just one of many ringworlds peppered around space. Apparently Guilty Spark refers to our Halo as "Installation 04". So already we have a location, pregnant with the secrets of the mysterious alien race known as the forerunners.

- ED Note
    After reposting this article originaly by John due to a database error i was told the news was first reported by Xgamer a Magazine that is based in the UK, I cannot cofirm nor deny that the information John collected was from Xgamer, but if it was credit has been given where it was due.-Steve
    Sunlight splatters dawn with answers
    Darkness shrugs and bids the day good-bye

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I doubt we'll see halo 2 this year...but you never know. I would rather see it next year because rushed games always suck.

if Halo2 comes out this year, it will be the flop of the century... MORE TIME needs to be put into it

I used to post here a lot.

i dont get it, he refers to OUR halo as installation 4? does that mean the earth has a halo weapon?

Halo2 is going to have a pretty good story IMO, possibly the Halo that was detroyed just a 'child' of the other Halo... or maybe the Cheif being somewhat 'framed' of being the brains behind Halo and must regain the trust of his allies while fighting off the combined forces of the flood and covenant... uhmm.. no sense made no sense made... but hey, it could happen.

i hope that it takes place on earth, that would be so awesome, it could have like civilians and everything.

they can't make it too urban... I mean it would take away from the original if one of the objectives were, "Save The Hostages" ... and if it were to take place on Earth, you know that would be involved.

If its out this quick, it makes me uneasy about it being top quality like the first one was

Josh

yea, it would be cool if they added some more vehicles and weapons though. and a new race of bad guys, that would be so cool.

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

Like everybody is saying Halo 2 would need more time into it before I see a screen shot or something like that. I really like halo and if there is going to be a halo 2 they would need to make it better than the first halo that is all I have to say.

Graphically I don't think they will bother to improve it, they don't need to. They'll just make up some new story and pump it out to us for XMAS, oh its true, its DAM true.

It'll still be great but it'll only be a new weapon or two, a new enemy or two, and a new story.

xbAWOL

halo 2 is going to be sweet!!!

bust a nut

u know what they should have in halo 2??

they should have more marines and covenat in battles. like 200 marines agianst 250 + covenat or vice versa. imagine what that would be like!

xbAWOL

Originally posted by irule23

they should have more marines and covenat in battles. like 200 marines agianst 250 + covenat or vice versa. imagine what that would be like!
    that would be sweet!!

Originally posted by Serg_w
    Like everybody is saying Halo 2 would need more time into it before I see a screen shot or something like that. I really like halo and if there is going to be a halo 2 they would need to make it better than the first halo that is all I have to say.
    It is possible, even though unlikely, that they were already working on Halo 2 before Halo 1 came out. Heck they did it with Lord of the Rings. So maybe Halo 2 is already further along then we all think.
    Here's how bad I suck

Don't get a free IPOD - Hidden Content

old sig Made by professor_frink he is the sig man!
    http://hosting.reversedreality.com/user_images/jschelm/sig.jpg

Originally posted by jschelm

It is possible, even though unlikely, that they were already working on Halo 2 before Halo 1 came out. Heck they did it with Lord of the Rings. So maybe Halo 2 is already further along then we all think.
    Good thought. That's completely possible. I know that Scary Movie 2 was going to be released right after Scary Movie but they decided not to. It was already finished when the first one came out. Atleast that's what Entertainment Tonight said. Well I was half asleep so I may have heard that wrong.

xbAWOL

Originally posted by professor_frink

Good thought. That's completely possible. I know that Scary Movie 2 was going to be released right after Scary Movie but they decided not to. It was already finished when the first one came out. Atleast that's what Entertainment Tonight said. Well I was half asleep so I may have heard that wrong.
    i agree. what if halo 2 is almost complete?? whoa!!!!

Originally posted by irule23

That would be cool, but its not really feasable. If you read the developers comments you would find out how happy they were to make the beachstorming scene at the beginning of Act 2 work. For every additional NPC the processor has to handle their AI. So not only is your box churning out graphics at a crazy rate, you are expecting it to handle over 400 AI's every second? Yeah, the xbox is fast, but not that fast. Nor does it have the ram capacity to effectively tackle this kind of situation.

and like jschelm said, Im sure they started the development of Halo 2 long before the original halo was complete.

that would be cool
    imagine the people at bungie are playing halo 2 rite now
    and looking at all the forums to see how they can make it better

hmm...makes ya think...

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

If I worked at a video game company making games, I'd be sure to come to places like this and find out what people want improved and what not...you're guranteed a good game then.

Thread Information