Thread: Robotech: Battlecry update

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Robotech: Battlecry update

Looks cartoony but might be a good rent:

TDK has released some new screenshots from Robotech: Battlecry, its upcoming Robotech game for the GameCube, the PlayStation 2, and the Xbox . In the game, players will assume the role of Jack Archer, a pilot in the Robotech Defense Force. Jack will have to fight against the armies of the Zentraedi in his veritech fighter, which is capable of transforming into three different modes--a fighter jet, a bipedal robot, or a combination of the two. The game will feature 15 single-player missions with primary and secondary objectives, as well as a multiplayer deathmatch mode.

From Gamespot
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Default Re: Robotech: Battlecry update

Originally posted by faceoff508
    Looks cartoony but might be a good rent:
    That stands to reason since the game is inspired by a cartoon.

Meh, doesn't interest me too much

can't wait for this one

I'm a big Robotech fan

That stands to reason since the game is inspired by a cartoon.
    well yeah

GRAVEDIGGER

Default ....

I cant wait for this game, i've always been a fan of Robotech.

Untill next time...

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

I've been playing this since last saturday and man...! ****ing hard! But yeah I am in chapter 4... this basically trails along the macross saga in the beginning then trails out... i have these cheats and some levels still seem impossible on easey

Renegade of funk

I bought the game for nostalgia reasons. I love Robotech. The game is cool, I really do have a blast from the past while playing it. The sights and sounds reminds me so much of my childhood watching the cartoon. THere are a few things I don't care for too much in the game. Even though you must be able to transform on the fly to be succesful, I can't help to think of how cumbersome the battloid is. There's no real dodging anything. It's all locked on to you. Even if you do the circle boosted strafe, you're still going to take some heat. You have to shoot the missles down, but the computer does that for you. Don't get me wrong, the game is tight, but it falls short in a couple of places. I haven't got to far, I bought this game along with Conflict Desert Storm, so I've been playing 2 games at once and I find myself playin CDS more than Halo. Weird. Oh, my final gripe, the deathmatch mode is kind of cheap. Well, right off the bat it is. You are always locked on to each other so there's no real challenge. It feels like it boils down to who can pull the trigger faster. You can't hide, because you have a lock on ring around where ever you go. So unless it shapes up in later levels and when you unlock modes, I don't really dig the multiplayer.

I LIKED THIS GAME, A BIT SIMPLE BUT ENTERTAINING. I HAD THE GAME LESS THAN 48 HOURS AND STOMPED IT. I'D RECOMMEND THIS GAME TO ANY MECH OR ROBOTECH FAN. AND GETTING AWAY FROM THE MISSLES ISN'T SO HARD, JUST OUT FLY THEM. EVENTUALLY THEY BURN OUT, ESPECIALLY THE ROCKETS LAUNCHED FROM THE BATTLE-IOD, THEY ARE QUICK BUT BURN OUT JUST THE SAME. AN EASIER WAY TO GET THEM OFF YOUR @SS IS TO HOLD BOTH TRIGGERS, BOOST, AND DOWN, YOU DO A COOL LITTLE INVERTED "S" BARREL ROLL (IN FIGHTER MODE) AND RIGHT AS YOU START THIS PUSH YOUR SPECIAL, OR "Y", BUTTON TO LAUNCH A DECOY, AND YOU'LL NEVER SEE THEM DAM MISSLES AGAIN.

THE MULTI PLAYER MODE IS A BIT LAME. LIKE DUDE SAID YOU ARE ALWAYS LOCKED ON TO OR BY YOUR OPPONENT, BUT THE BETTER PILOT ALWAYS WINS. IF YOU CAN OUT-FLY THEM THEY CAN'T KILL YOU.

BUT ALL-IN-ALL I LIKED IT, PROBABLY 7 OUTA 10.

Hey do you intentionally type in caps? Or was that al a mistake?

Yeah, my keyboard was all screwed up. But I got a new one today, so that won't be a problem any more.

Thread Information