Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Morrowind is delayed... look here.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Why Morrowind is delayed... look here.

I went to Electronics Boutique, earlier today to ask about
    Morrowind. Here is the conversation more or less in its entirety:
    ME: When is Morrowind for the Xbox coming out for you guys? I see different dates all over the net.
    EB: As of right now, its May 25th shipping date, but I wouldn't count on it. Expect a few more delays.
    ME: Crap. I've been waiting for this game forever.
    EB: I know. We're getting lots of pre-orders. You've heard about the PC version problems right?
    ME: No, whats wrong with it?
    EB: Lots of people are complaining of laggy and jumpy play. The minimum requirements are 500mhz but even at 800 to 1.4 ghz it happens quite a bit. The Xbox running at 733 mhz is struggling to play smoothly. There are frame jumps all the time. Bethesda is working on tweaking the game to run smoothly on the Xbox. They basically have to hack the game and trick it into running well.
    ME: That is definitely bad news. So the game play is good though?
    EB: I mean I love the game and its amazing but the requirements are quite high. Its the best game out n a long time. And if you have a good newer PC, you should get that version because it will run better than the Xbox most likely ever will. They are trying to cram all this huge world, smooth graphics and all onto the hardware of the Xbox. The game seems too crammed for a console.
    ME: Ok, so May 25th shipping date, that means 26th buy date. At the earliest?
    EB: Yeah but don't count on it.
    ME: Ok, thanks.

That is what he said. I'm totally bummed cause I've been holding out for the Xbox version. But now maybe I should get the PC version. I don't want the Xbox version to lesser than the PC. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

SO basically, the Xbox hardware can't handle the magnitude of the game. I never thought I'd hear that said out loud.

--------------------
    From Xbox365
    By:ddolak

It seems thats might be why..
    Last edited by faceoff508; 05-12-2002 at 02:37 PM.
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

xbAWOL

that sucks, but thanks for the info

that sounds like a load of bull.. just misinformed people comparing the processor speeds again.

That sounds like what happened to Tribes 2. I dunno if I want to buy this game right when it comes out. I'd rather wait for some reviews of it.

i think yer wrong cause i was at eb yesterday and they said it was comin out the 22

Peace

Durden-XBA

Were you taped up with a mic when you went in?

Originally posted by Bundy
    that sounds like a load of bull.. just misinformed people comparing the processor speeds again.
    I agree. From what the developers are saying the XBox version is running faster than some of their computers at work and with the graphics card that it has it looks better to.

You can't compare computer performance with the XBox performance, it just doesn't work the same. The XBox game is tweaked specifically for the XBox which from what the deves have been saying is not even in the same league as trying to tweak for Direct X. Also, the XBox isn't running Win XP or some other MASSIVE operating system that takes a huge chunk of the computers memory and processor power. So don't discount the XBox version yet.

Especially since this guy is saying stuff that not even Bethesda or Microsoft has said. I think he is just speculating.
    Here's how bad I suck

Don't get a free IPOD - Hidden Content

old sig Made by professor_frink he is the sig man!
    http://hosting.reversedreality.com/user_images/jschelm/sig.jpg

thats what ive been hearing all along that theres way too many bugs in the xbox version,ive been saying that for the past month thats why i dont understand why everyone dying for this game ,if you thought raw was a let down this games gonna break so many xboxer s hearts
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

This same crap was posted over at TeamXbox.

It's a bunch of crap.

http://forums.teamxbox.com/showthrea...threadid=91148

Default hey faceoff008, wtf are you doing?

What the hell do you think you're doing man? Posting on here like you wrote this stuff or found it as a real news release type thing on Xbox365? Go find out your own info dude, or at least give credit to the person who did, di**wad. You ever steal my post again, I'll kick your a**.

BTW: The dude who said all this might be wrong, but if you really think about it, it does make sense. it could very well be the reason it keeps getting delayed.
    Last edited by ddolak; 05-12-2002 at 02:21 PM.

Default Re: hey faceoff008, wtf are you doing?

Originally posted by ddolak
    What the hell do you think you're doing man? Posting on here like you wrote this stuff or found it as a real news release type thing on Xbox365? Go find out your own info dude, or at least give credit to the person who did, di**wad. You ever steal my post again, I'll kick your a**.

BTW: The dude who said all this might be wrong, but if you really think about it, it does make sense. it could very well be the reason it keeps getting delayed.
    HEy I said it was from XBOX 365!!!! EVEN LOOK, and I didnt edit it...
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

But he said it at the very bottom and didnt even say who wrote it.
    Moderator of the best xbox forums on the planent (in my opinion) Hidden Content

Hidden Content

OKAY OKAY I WILL, dam!

Ok, i dont want to get involved wit this so im gonna leave this thread
    Moderator of the best xbox forums on the planent (in my opinion) Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Default Re: hey faceoff008, wtf are you doing?

Originally posted by ddolak

Steal your post.... haha.... Now thats good.. I am just going to assume your 12 or under.. k? You act like someone stole your secret documents!!!
    ..Sorry..big word.. (documents) 1 a archaic : PROOF, EVIDENCE b : an original or official paper relied on as the basis, proof, or support of something ...
    Unless they started giving away money or prizes for your post calm down...Sure he could of said.."I got this from BLAH BLAH.." would make no difference to me.. Hes just some cat who thought your post was informative (informative) : imparting knowledge : and wanted to share the info... now go play!!!!!!

Believe a person that works at EB? *laugh*

Hey people, why don't you play morrowind on your pc at 640*480. I'm pretty sure that it will run smooth at that resolution. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the xbox run around that resolution?
    trojan

ive read some hands on preview things and they said it was ok sons a *****es........
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

Default Re: Why Morrowind is delayed... look here.

Originally posted by faceoff508
    I went to Electronics Boutique, earlier today to ask about
    Morrowind. Here is the conversation more or less in its entirety:
    ME: When is Morrowind for the Xbox coming out for you guys? I see different dates all over the net.
    EB: As of right now, its May 25th shipping date, but I wouldn't count on it. Expect a few more delays.
    ME: Crap. I've been waiting for this game forever.
    EB: I know. We're getting lots of pre-orders. You've heard about the PC version problems right?
    ME: No, whats wrong with it?
    EB: Lots of people are complaining of laggy and jumpy play. The minimum requirements are 500mhz but even at 800 to 1.4 ghz it happens quite a bit. The Xbox running at 733 mhz is struggling to play smoothly. There are frame jumps all the time. Bethesda is working on tweaking the game to run smoothly on the Xbox. They basically have to hack the game and trick it into running well.
    ME: That is definitely bad news. So the game play is good though?
    EB: I mean I love the game and its amazing but the requirements are quite high. Its the best game out n a long time. And if you have a good newer PC, you should get that version because it will run better than the Xbox most likely ever will. They are trying to cram all this huge world, smooth graphics and all onto the hardware of the Xbox. The game seems too crammed for a console.
    ME: Ok, so May 25th shipping date, that means 26th buy date. At the earliest?
    EB: Yeah but don't count on it.
    ME: Ok, thanks.

That is what he said. I'm totally bummed cause I've been holding out for the Xbox version. But now maybe I should get the PC version. I don't want the Xbox version to lesser than the PC. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

SO basically, the Xbox hardware can't handle the magnitude of the game. I never thought I'd hear that said out loud.

--------------------
    From Xbox365
    By:ddolak

It seems thats might be why..
    If a 1.4 g cant handle it then its probably just a bug in the game. Unless theve got a 2g computer i dont c how they wouldnt notice while making the game,

I got to agree with some of the others, these CPU speeds are questionable, there has to be some glitch in the software they have to address.

Knowing the specs of an average PC i doubt that it's hardware related, not eveyone has a 2G CPU in there system.

Thread Information