Thread: Anyone seen an extension cord for X-Box controllers?

Your ticket to Valhalla Dennis75's Avatar

Question Anyone seen an extension cord for X-Box controllers?

I just moved to a new house and unfortunately the way my wife set up the living room doesn't allow my controllers to stretch from my X-Box to the couch. I used to own a PS1 and they had extension cords to add some length to the controllers. Now I know the X-Box controllers come with more length than the PS1 cords had, but I NEED MORE. Another 3-5 foot would be great. I saw that Mad Catz is making a 900Mhz wireless controller but I'm not to interested in that. So, does anyone know if Microsoft or any 3rd party makes an extension cord or if their are plans for one in the future? Thanks.

--Dennis

Yes...I saw them at Software Etc, and at Rhino in the mall here in g-ville, fl...you can also get them at http://www.gamestop.com
    Fear leads to anger...anger leads to hate...hate leads to the dark side...

i havn't seen them, the x-box controllers have some of the longest cables i have seen ne waz

Smile

Thanks Fluid... I have an email into Microsoft Customer support to see what they say. I'm sure they're safe but I would hate to fry my X-Box with a 3rd party deal. I'll probably end up getting them though. I appreciate the answer.

--Dennis

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categorie...p?pf_id=217350
    go to this website they have them.

xbAWOL

tell us how they work if u get them

I bought one for Dreamcast. It worked great for a while, but after some time a message on the screen kept popping up that read "No controller in contoller port #1". I think that this happend because the connection between the controller and the extension became loose. I played w/o the extenion cable and there were no errors.
    Proud owner of NES, SNES, Genisis, Saturn, PSX, N64, Dreamcast, Kiddycube, PS2 & Xbox

Hidden Content

XBL TAGS: Hydro Blast, Black Inferno, Ekstatik

Default Re: Anyone seen an extension cord for X-Box controllers?

Originally posted by Dennis75
    I just moved to a new house and unfortunately the way my wife set up the living room doesn't allow my controllers to stretch from my X-Box to the couch. I used to own a PS1 and they had extension cords to add some length to the controllers. Now I know the X-Box controllers come with more length than the PS1 cords had, but I NEED MORE. Another 3-5 foot would be great. I saw that Mad Catz is making a 900Mhz wireless controller but I'm not to interested in that. So, does anyone know if Microsoft or any 3rd party makes an extension cord or if their are plans for one in the future? Thanks.

--Dennis

You must have a freaking huge tv/room if 9 foot is too short of a cord! Can I come over?

GRAVEDIGGER

Default Hmm...

LoL Smash...his room must be pretty dam big.

ANyways, i havent see this extension cord as of yet...sounds interesting though.

Untill next time...

How reliable are wireless controllers?
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

NOT VERY!!!

I agree, wireless controllers suck. Maybe someday, but for now it's not worth the $$$

wow u have biiiiiiiiiig house!can all of us come and have a halo lan party!

I bought one at walmart 3 days ago
    XBOX MSSC
    Hidden Content
    I'm back...for now...

all of the old wireless controllers were infared, which you had to kind of aim or atleast come close to aiming at the console. The new 900Mhz wireless use radio frequency and are very reliable. Many cordless telephones use the same technology. I
    Play your damn games!
    Hidden Content

Official Avs Fan of XBA kornavs19's Avatar

damb. the wires are already 9 feet long . if your further away from your t.v. then that and u dont have a big screen. how do u c what your playn. j/p

Yeah, I'll be getting one with Morrowind so I can lay on my bed and play.

Originally posted by preetz16
    Yeah, I'll be getting one with Morrowind so I can lay on my bed and play.
    Good idea!
    Morrowind, Strident, Duality, Project Ego, Panzer Dragoon, Shenmue II, Dominion, GTA3, MGS2, Bloodrayne, Sega GT, Hunter, Enclave, Kakuto Chojin, Moto GP, Star Wars:Kotor, Doom III, Unreal Championship, The Matrix, Unseen, Call of Cthulhu, Bruce Lee, Buffy, Deathrow, Yager, Superman, Battlefield 1942, Medal of Honor, Xavier Fox, BC, Dimitri, Turok, Ultimate Blade of Darkness, Midtown Madness 3, Mafia, DiabloX, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, MK: DA, Rocky, Mike Tyson Boxing, Prisoner of War, Dead to Rights, Pro Race Driver, Ghost Recon, Xmen Next Dimension, Quantum Redshift, Brute Force, Transworld Snowboarding, and Soul Caliber 2!!!

Talking Got the Extensions and here's how they work.....

Well all, thanks for the replies about how and where to find the extension cords. I went ahead and purchased 2 of them and they're great. I have had no problems what-so-ever with them. One side of the extension plugs in to the quick disconnect on the X-box side and the other plugs in to the quick disconnect on the controller side. On one cable the fitting connecting to one quick disconnect is a little loose, but not so bad that it just falls out. The other cord fits snuggly at both connection points. And just so everyone knows...... My house is about 1700 sq ft and my living room is set up with the 32in TV on one wall and the couch on the opposite wall, about 11 feet away. I have a suround system with a Sony DA-555 ES receiver, Cerwin Vega bookshelf speakers x4 for the satellites, a Cerwin Vega center channel and a Cerwin Vega 10in power sub. THE SOUND FROM X-BOX ROCKS on this system. Now all I need to get is a BIGGER TV!!!!! Take care and thanks for all the help guys and gals.

--Dennis

WOW! and just think, I am playing my Xbox on a 19" TV that isn't even stereo

Thread Information