Thread: Some bad news for XBox...

Default Some bad news for XBox...

My dad, who trades stocks, gave me this link.
    It basicly says that since the pricecut, XBox says have not picked up nor have they decreased. whay do you guys think?Here

that sites password protected........ anyway its proven fact that sales have greatly increased, just ask ur local gamestore

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

more sales? HELL YES!

more profit? HELL NO!

Originally posted by CoMATOSE
    that sites password protected........ anyway its proven fact that sales have greatly increased, just ask ur local gamestore

Okay here is what the link says: (I did not realize you have to have a password)

17:39 ET NVDA NVIDIA: FY03 gross margins to be at low end of range (38.05 +1.48) -- Update --
    On call, says FY03 gross margins should be at lower end of its model of 35-40% due to deferral of Xbox revenue... separately, says its shipments have neither picked up nor dropped since price cuts on Xbox... for NVDA, it has shipped at a constant rate since the Xbox launch... NVDA -0.64 at 37.41

Oh, and Comatose, www.briefing.com (the place where I got this info) is a HIGHLY respected website. It is a research tool for investors. They don't lie. They get actuall sales figures...they dont just go and ask their local EB.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

i'm a stock broker as well xtopia..as well as a life long gamer.

no worries bud...MS will be just dandy

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    i'm a stock broker as well xtopia..as well as a life long gamer.

no worries bud...MS will be just dandy
    My dad started out as a broker...but now he is actually a day trader. What broker Co. you work for?

Originally posted by Xtopia

Okay here is what the link says: (I did not realize you have to have a password)

17:39 ET NVDA NVIDIA: FY03 gross margins to be at low end of range (38.05 +1.48) -- Update --
    On call, says FY03 gross margins should be at lower end of its model of 35-40% due to deferral of Xbox revenue... separately, says its shipments have neither picked up nor dropped since price cuts on Xbox... for NVDA, it has shipped at a constant rate since the Xbox launch... NVDA -0.64 at 37.41

Oh, and Comatose, www.briefing.com (the place where I got this info) is a HIGHLY respected website. It is a research tool for investors. They don't lie. They get actuall sales figures...they dont just go and ask their local EB.

lol...i still dunno what it says!!!! i think i'll leave this stock crap up to u guys

Dude this exerpt concerns nVidia not MS. It specifically states units shipped have not dropped off or increased since the price cut. This is referring to the graphics/audio chipset, not the sales of the console. MS could still be requesting the same amount of video chipsets as they have since launch, but that doesn't mean they aren't selling more consoles.

Locally, Xbox sales have been great since the price drop!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

i'm a pacific life affiliate....i'd rather not name my specific firm....lets just say i work for the largest muni bond underwriter in cali. if ya can figure it out.....i'll give u a 50% discount on your first trade

Originally posted by CoMATOSE
    This one says it all. I just asked the boys at EB. They said the box is doin GREAT.
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

i'm a pacific life affiliate....i'd rather not name my specific firm....lets just say i work for the largest muni bond underwriter in cali. if ya can figure it out.....i'll give u a 50% discount on your first trade
    Cool! You must be loaded! LoL. Most brokers don't exactly struggle for cash....but then again this market must be p!ssing you off!

S&Y???
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to AloneInTheDark for the Sig
    Hidden Content
    ESPN NFL VIP Team - Texans

Drexel Burnam...nahh...I should know better! lol
    Hidden Content

(I hope to have X-Ray changed to Peepers)

Thread Information