Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Falls To Third Place

Default Xbox Falls To Third Place

<center><a href="http://reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=technologynews&StoryID=985839"> Xbox Sells 2 Million Units</a><center><center><a href= "http://reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=technologynews&StoryID=987136">GameCube Sells 2.23 Million Units</a><center> Althow Xbox had the better lead in the begining Gc has been selling better the past 2-3 mounths and has now passed Xbox. Althow this could quickly change, this is the way it is now... <center>Dont Flame me because im not bashing im just informing you of the current Console Market situation<center>
    Last edited by Alfonso; 05-24-2002 at 11:30 AM.

. . .

RadRider

That's incredible. Really, I'm absolutely stunned. Why would that many people buy a gamecube? Is the world overrun with 12 year olds or something?
    I'm pretty sure the Xbox will beat out the GameCube in the end, I mean the gamecube doesn't even allow for DVD playback, and other than that, you have to buy as many add-ons as the PS2, except it doesn't have as many good games, or as many good games as the Xbox either.

You know the world is crazy when the GameCube can sell better than the XBox.

--edit--
    Oh, I also just noticed something. That's units in North America Only. Worldwide I think the Xbox is beating it out, but I'm not sure. In Europe I believe the Xbox is the number 1 selling console right now, so it's Japan that will tell the rest of the tale.
    Last edited by RadRider; 05-24-2002 at 11:46 AM.

Add +1 to both gamecube and PS2, because I am going to go out and buy one soon.
    Hidden Content
    add, confirm, corrections, PM me

Originally posted by RadRider
    That's incredible. Really, I'm absolutely stunned. Why would that many people buy a gamecube? Is the world overrun with 12 year olds or something?
    I'm pretty sure the Xbox will beat out the GameCube in the end, I mean the gamecube doesn't even allow for DVD playback, and other than that, you have to buy as many add-ons as the PS2, except it doesn't have as many good games, or as many good games as the Xbox either.

You know the world is crazy when the GameCube can sell better than the XBox.

--edit--
    Oh, I also just noticed something. That's units in North America Only. Worldwide I think the Xbox is beating it out, but I'm not sure. In Europe I believe the Xbox is the number 1 selling console right now, so it's Japan that will tell the rest of the tale.
    Im not 12 im 22....

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

the average GC owner is 23

I think a lot of this can be attributed to Nintendo's popularity in the Japanese market. Especially with companies like Square going GC-exclusive, the Japanese gamers are going to eat up a GC over an Xbox. Not to mention that the game we love, Halo, is of a genre that many Japanese gamers care very little about.

Once Xbox starts to release these more adventurous (in terms of gameplay) games, like Blinx, the Japanese gamers may start to come around

Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
    the average GC owner is 23
    Im 17 but i own all 3 consoles.

Is the Dreamcast one of them??

According to data from NDP in march Xbox was ahead of GC.

This was posted on Team Xbox forums ive asked for a link for confirmation.

"Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) has released its Entertainment
    Software report for the week at retail of March 31 – April 6.

The report claims hardware sales were down from the previous week, with Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEA) moving 57,000 PlayStation 2 units (down from 65,000 the previous week), Microsoft Corp. selling 24,000 Xboxes (down from 28,000) and Nintendo moving 30,000 GameCube units (down from 32,000) plus 73,000 Game Boy Advance units (down from 116,000).

CSFB has also recalculated its approximations of each systems current installed base. CSFB pegs the PS2 with an installed base of 8,379,000, followed by the GBA with 6,003,000, Xbox with 1,819,000 and GameCube with 1,519,000.

All numbers are CSFB estimates based on NPD Funworld data."

yes Icey, but you also say that 5% of all xbox owners are women. and you are a female, and in that 5%.....which makes you special.

im just saying, that of all the GC owners, if you find the mean average of all GC owners, the age comes out to 23....

Originally posted by Knight
    Is the Dreamcast one of them??
    I also have a dc but I have gc, xbox and ps2

she is awesome aint she? LOL

Originally posted by dave_m123
    According to data from NDP in march Xbox was ahead of GC.

This was posted on Team Xbox forums ive asked for a link for confirmation.

"Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB) has released its Entertainment
    Software report for the week at retail of March 31 – April 6.

The report claims hardware sales were down from the previous week, with Sony Computer Entertainment (SCEA) moving 57,000 PlayStation 2 units (down from 65,000 the previous week), Microsoft Corp. selling 24,000 Xboxes (down from 28,000) and Nintendo moving 30,000 GameCube units (down from 32,000) plus 73,000 Game Boy Advance units (down from 116,000).

CSFB has also recalculated its approximations of each systems current installed base. CSFB pegs the PS2 with an installed base of 8,379,000, followed by the GBA with 6,003,000, Xbox with 1,819,000 and GameCube with 1,519,000.

All numbers are CSFB estimates based on NPD Funworld data."
    Good one. NPD has more respectable numbers than a website such as reuters.com. I'm with NPD on this one of course.
    Hidden Content
    who wants to play me...

Default Gamecube

The average Gamecube owner bieng 23? I agree with that, My Friend Sam is 26 but want's a Gamecube over everything else even though he want's a DVD player , al becasue of MArio,Zelda,and metroid ,,,,,,,,,I personaly have already played those games for over a Decade and am sick of that Crap, same with RE but Eternal Darkness looks good,
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

so the xbox is losing now huh.. well guess theyll be boat anchors by 2003

huh?

although i usually have better things to do than post in these who-sold-more-according-to-some-website threads, i will set aside my principals for this one. this bs doesnt matter, especially since 2 of the 3 systems in question are not even 1 year old yet. dont worry xbox owners. its not going to suffer the same fate as the dreamcast, which was also a better system than the ps2. why? the developers thats why. right now the xbox is the most powerful console available, and since its pc based, has the widest range of potential developers. also, do you think top developers like to write code for the gameboy? no. speaking as a software developer myself, they want to use the most cutting edge technology. they arent going to find that on the sony system. plain and simple. and 1 more thing for those of you that are shaking in your boots with concern about the xbox: its the general opinion of independant video game press (not morons at cnn who dont know games or people at tech tv who love to suck the **** of anything non-microsoft) that the XBOX had by far the best showing at this years e3.

ps- moderators, can you stop newbies with only 8 posts from putting these things up and getting a rise out of everyone?

thats total bs.i just heard on g4tv that game cube has sold more than 3 and xbox has sold more than 3.5 million.stop lying!

Xbox is the Dreamcast all over again, even ol' Nintendo is whoppen em.

Thread Information