Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: with the price drops did anyone...?

Default with the price drops did anyone...?

did anyone get another system? gamecube? ps2? or just stickin with the box?

I'm stickin with Xbox.

I'm getting an xbox b/c of the price drop...

I bought my ps2 on launch day, as well as my gamecube, though I wish I could have foreseen such an early price drop.

After the GC goes down to $99 I'll probably pick one up. I wouldn't take a PS2 if it was free.

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    I wouldn't take a PS2 if it was free.
    lolz I think I've heard you say that before; you must really hate Sony hehe. Well, I am sticking with just my Xbox. I don't have enough time for another console cause I play several hours a day of Counterstrike too. And plus, I think my girl would destroy the next console I bought.
    Hidden Content
    who wants to play me...

RadRider

If the PS2 drops to $99, I may get it. I wouldn't take a GameCube if someone paid me.

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

ass much crap as i talk about GC and PS2, i see what htey have to offer and if i was smart i would get all 3 because when it all comes down to the wire.....you are in it for the games not to show off what crap you got. I may break down and get a GC, a few games coming out seems promising and i may get PS2....if and when the price goes down to 99bucks. Xboxlive is the way to go though as far as internet play goes on the internet. that and i play Everquest (dont ever start, if you smoke weed, then just stick to that, the feel and the addictiveness is all there)

anyway that is how i feel now. Xbox is still BY FAR THE BEST CONSOLE TO GRACE THE SYSTEM!!!

Sheesh. You people arent Gamers, you are what is popularly knows as "Fanboys".

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, but not in the case of consoles.

My Xbox is my most prized possession, however, for me to enjoy the graphical splendor that is Resident Evil, I must use my Gamecube. For me to enjoy the bestiselling Grand Theft Auto series, I must use my PS2.

Don't knock the other consoles. They are all amazing, and each has their respecitve pros and cons.

I adore each of my next-gen consoles, and have enjoyed games on all 3 of them.

To say that PS2 "sucks" is quite simply the most assinine comment a child could make. I say "child", because a mature person should know better than to limit their comments to "this sucks".

Today, there is no such thing as a bad console...it just so happens that of the 3, the Xbox is superior. But that is not representative of the quality of the other 2.

They are all great, which is why I choose to own 1 of each.

Van, I'm probably at least 10 years older than you. I'm not a "child " in other words. But I will go on record as saying that , yes, in fact , Ps2 DOES suck. Its not as powerful as the Xbox, the dvd playback interface as well as its over-all quality is poor. You have to buy those stupid memory cards. And having to buy the harddrive and adaptor seperate(its not even broadband) is rediculous.
    Last edited by thunderkiss2k1; 05-26-2002 at 03:50 AM.

I don't hate Sony. I hate jaggies. There are too many great XBOX games for me to put up with inferior graphics.

When PS3 comes out I may reconsider. Until then, it's XBOX for me.

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Well, I am not a gamer! I just like to play my Xbox and have fun with it!! I bought the Xbox just to have fun! I will not get any other councel because I love my Xbox. I dont have time to love three councels. So I will stick with my Xbox because I love it. And I bought it to have fun with it. Not to go out and get another councel to love!!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

xbAWOL

im sticking by the box forever. im not going to pick up any sony or nintendo inferior and obsolete products.

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    I don't hate Sony.
    I do. Sony is notorious for fooling common folk into overpaying for their name as opposed to high quality. That's how they got the PS2 into so many people's homes - their name is just popular. They do the same thing with their other products. Those Wega TVs are way overpriced compared to other brand flat-screened TVs. Their DVD players are less-featured with lower-quality components than other competitors players within similar price cateogories. Their audio receivers are in the same boat, leaving the higher quality stuff for their "ES" line, which still don't even offer as much as their similar priced competitors. But alas, a good majority out there thinks that if something has Sony's name tagged on it, it must be one of the best. To me, Sony is almost like a "BOSE" in disguise - "comparatively" lower quality products with excellent marketing. The PS2 is no exception - it probably should be costing about $99 now.

P.S. I picked up a Gamecube along with Resident Evil and Rougue Squadron, and as of now I still don't see it worth $150. Yeah, RE's graphics are good, but still not as good as many X-box games I've seen. Nonetheless, despite what many are saying, both RE and Rougue Squadron are pretty much the same games as their predecessors. I know that missions an puzzles are different. But they are analogous to the saying "same sh-t different day".
    Last edited by DBXNY; 05-26-2002 at 09:55 AM.

Originally posted by hotshot657
    I'm stickin with Xbox.
    This one says it all.
    "That's the way she goes, boys. Sometimes she goes, sometimes she doesn't cause that's the f*ck*ng way she goes."

"TCM -- Forever Gunnin' For The Best; To The First 4"

Originally posted by DBXNY

I do. Sony is notorious for fooling common folk into overpaying for their name as opposed to high quality. That's how they got the PS2 into so many people's homes - their name is just popular. They do the same thing with their other products. Those Wega TVs are way overpriced compared to other brand flat-screened TVs. Their DVD players are less-featured with lower-quality components than other competitors players within similar price cateogories. Their audio receivers are in the same boat, leaving the higher quality stuff for their "ES" line, which still don't even offer as much as their similar priced competitors. But alas, a good majority out there thinks that if something has Sony's name tagged on it, it must be one of the best. To me, Sony is almost like a "BOSE" in disguise - "comparatively" lower quality products with excellent marketing. The PS2 is no exception - it probably should be costing about $99 now.
    You are correct. At another board I go to, people say DO NOT buy a Sony projection TV. Several of my forum friends had their Sony projection TVs black out on them within a year or 2. Now I will admit that many of their products are fascinating, but Sony is not perfect in every aspect. I'll take Panasonic over Sony any day because you are paying more for Sony's name than you are for the Sony product itself.
    Hidden Content
    who wants to play me...

Ive been debating whether or not to pick up a GC since e3 started. Ill Probably end up waiting until i see what kind of game metroid will be, besides that im interested in Eternal Darkness and Wrestlemania. I'll never understand the appeal to the new zelda/mario but I guess thats just me

Ive had the xbox and ps2 for some time now and they both basically get the same amount of playtime from me.

I'll be buying my GC soon, probably won't get a PS2 just because we already have one in the house.

i just bought gamecube for RE...and i think the game is amazing! but now, i dont think i will get another gamecube game for a while...
    xbox 360 games owned...Amped 3, NBA2K7 & Guitar Hero 2

Wii games owned: wii play

I may by a Game Cube if it went down to a low enough price with the PS2 sorry but thats a no go area as I hate the arrogant little b@stard who think they OWN the console market in all honesty I hope they don't sell another console let either Nintendo or Mircosoft get in there a stuff up there plans for console domination the little shyts

Thread Information