Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Microsoft drop their price for the XBOX to $149 to compete with the Gamecube?

Question Should Microsoft drop their price for the XBOX to $149 to compete with the Gamecube?

To be frank, I think Microsoft should lower the price on the XBOX. After Nintendo announced their price drop @ E3 I'm pretty sure Sony is right behind them.
    Last edited by Superman2002; 05-27-2002 at 01:41 PM.

no. they are already outdoing GC, so why bother?

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

if they did, they would see a HUGE boost in sales, but I don't know if it is too smart financially, they can take the hit, but they do want to MAKE money here

They were already losing money on the consoles @ 300 bucks... 150 would be downright crazy. It won't happen (not anytime soon anyway).
    Official PILOT of XBA!

Yes they should that way they can put nintendo in a world of hurt!! nintendo wound then be force to lower price of that thing and lose money!!

when the xbox cost £300 in the UK, MS lost £150 on every unit sold, its not gonna cost $150 any time soon.....

10k.

No, the Xbox is too nice to be $150.

Originally posted by SteelViper
    No, the Xbox is too nice to be $150.

lol....yeah not like sum other cheap h..err well

ChickenSHHHH, Fosho & now Kortiz's Avatar

Xbox was losing money with every purchase of a box even at 299, you know they are losing more at 199.

the xbox is doing fine at 199, it will be a year or so before xbox lowers their price again, or at least i would think it would be longer then a year or so...nahmean?

If they did, they would just really be completing with ps2, cause it's already beating gamecube.

Originally posted by XBox Owner
    If they did, they would just really be completing with ps2, cause it's already beating gamecube.
    This is the same GameCube that is outselling the Xbox in the USA and Japan. No, it can't be the same GC because that one has almost 2million units over the Xbox. I guess there is another GC we don't know about.

Originally posted by El Gaucho Goof

This is the same GameCube that is outselling the Xbox in the USA and Japan. No, it can't be the same GC because that one has almost 2million units over the Xbox. I guess there is another GC we don't know about.
    Is it really? I mean, I knew X-Box wasn't doing that great in sales, but...

Default Re: Should Microsoft drop their price for the XBOX to $149 to compete with the Gamecube?

Originally posted by Superman2002
    To be frank, I think Microsoft should lower the price on the XBOX. After Nintendo announced their price drop @ E3 I'm pretty sure Sony is right behind them.
    Dumbest idea ever!
    Currently playing: Soul Calibur 2, Dino Crisis 3, Splinter Cell

I have to agree with Azazel on this one...

Shocked

If they do anything, I want them to lower their games!

beeswax not yours inc. silvertrace's Avatar

being able to purchase an xbox for $199 is a great deal, $149 is just ludicrous

everyone knows M$ is losing money on the console, but the real profit is in the software, so the more games they sell, the more money they will make...........which is why they dropped the price from $299 to $199 to begin with, the idea of them dropping it again to rival the lamecube is just stupid..........people were getting their moneys worth when xbox was $299, paying $149 would be high-way robbery
    gone but not forgotten.....

If MS reduced the price again, i think many critics would see it as a sign of fear. I think the best thing they should do is reduce their game price. Not by much, but enough to make a difference. I mean its ok having a cheap console, but not so good buying expensive games for it…

Plus if u compare the build quality of all three consoles, it would be an insult for the Xbox to be in the same price range

Just MO

Honestly I don't think PS2 and Xbox are in the same league as GC. What i mean is I think the price wars and whatnot are more against Sony and M.S. I honestly think Gamecube is just kinda on the side. There games aren't in the same line as PS2 and Xbox. Xbox would only be competing with GC if they tried to shoot for a younger audience and had more cartoonish less graphic realistic type games.

I dunno if this makes sense but i'm tired, makes sense to me .

LOL if the price was is to continute by prices constantly falling then you will see the console makers make deals with cereal makers and we will see them in packets of cornflakes

Originally posted by dave_m123
    LOL if the price was is to continute by prices constantly falling then you will see the console makers make deals with cereal makers and we will see them in packets of cornflakes
    LOL nice

Buy one get one FREE

Thread Information