Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When has your XBOX frozen on you?

Default When has your XBOX frozen on you?

I was reading the thread made by lmpbzktnkorn23, and I was wondering if anyone else's xbox has frozen on them.

Mine has frozen ONCE while Playing OBI WAN.

Maybe we can spot a pattern and notice some games (or DVDs) that tend to freeze.

name the game that froze YOUR xbox

Mine froze the 2nd day I got it when we were playing DOA3. Then it just froze like two weeks ago when we were playing Rallisport. I dunno why, since we played alot longer the following night with no probs. I took a guess that it might be the DVD kit being plugged in. I read a post a while back, someone was saying bond was locking up on him and EA told him, or he read it somewhere, that all extranious peripherals and 3rd party controllers should be unplugged while playing. Not sure if there's anything to it, but I've had the DVD kit plugged in both times it crashed. I'm leaving unplugged when I'm just playing games to see if it will crash again. So far so good. Of course if someone doesn't have a DVD kit and their X is still crashing, then that pretty much flushes my guess down the drain.

**EDIT**
    Just read the other thread, never had it crash during a movie. Oh well there goes my theory out the window.
    Last edited by GokuX; 06-06-2002 at 06:28 PM.

Mine has frozen just once. was playing azurik when through a pipe into another area. the screen went black and came up with the loading animation and it just stuck. i had to turn it of but it was fine the time after

Once when playing Max Payne, I had hit some button when the level was loading. I'm pretty sure it was when you jump down through the skylight on the boxes and past the moving lasers.

Twice while playing AUF. Both times after passing the first driving level.

Have always had the playback kit plugged in, and never during a movie.

mine froze while playing project gotham. and it always freezes at this one spot, its in the time attack mode. in the big ben level, and when i pick the ferrari f355, and when i cross the finish line after my first lap, it ALWAYS freezes

Mine froze in one of the movies on Max Payne... I don't remember what part, just that I was on top of a building (I got rid of that game a long time ago). It also happened once during a movie when playing 007: AUF... it was when the car jumps over the bridge or something and through a glass roof.
    Official PILOT of XBA!

so 2 pgrs and 2 aufs...

i know its never frozen on me when playing pgr. but ive never played auf

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

NEVER!!

MAYBE I AM JUST LUCCKY!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Locked up once in Blood Omen II just after I defeated Magnus when I walked onto the checkpoint (I was very anoyed 'cause I had to go back and fight him again)

Never, but sometimes my Xbox fails to detect Halo and this message comes up saying it doesn't read the disk that is in there...

The Frew-its of the Devil

Wink

Games that have frozen on my Xbox
    Nightcaster, DOA3 and New Legends.

Games that have frozen on my PS2
    GTA3, Many a demo disc, Drakkan II

Games that have frozen on my N64
    Goldeneye, San Fransico Rush

Games that have frozen on my Dreamcast
    Soul Calibur, NHL 2k, NHL2k2, Shenmue

Games that have frozen on my SNES
    Super Metroid, Phantom 2040

Games that Have frozen on my Computer
    Every single one I've played at one time or another.

All game systems freeze at one time or another, DOA3 because we'd been playing it for about 7 hours straigt (my friends and I battle with the tournaments). New Legends and Nightcaster were due to poor programing though..... smeggin games anyway......
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

GRAVEDIGGER

Default Hmm...

Good question, now that i think of it, my XBOX has only frozen once while playing OXM Demo disc #2. And thats the only time it has done this.

Untill next time...

1 time in wsb..and it made a wierd humming sound..

several times in madden:o

many times while playing online...

Arrow Game Freeze?

Agent Under Fire froze on me in multiplayer once (that is the only time I can remember my Xbox freezing up on me).

Perfect Dark (N64) use to freeze on me everytime I played multiplayer...
    █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▀▀ ███ █▀█ ▀█▀ █░█ █▀█ █▀▀
    ▀▀█ ░█░ █░█ █░█ █▀█ ░█░ █░█ ██▀ █▀▀
    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ░▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀

Osama Says "Vote 4 Kerry" Hermes's Avatar

Just to add my two cents. I can honestly say that my Xbox has never frozen on a game, dvd or demo disk. I have had it since December and it has always had the dvd playback kit in the 4th controller slot. Are you guys setting your Xbox on carpet or something? Are you touching the disks? The couple of times my Xbox has said invalid media, I ejected the disk and wipped off the tiny smudge that I had inadvertantly left on the outside edge of the disk.

Once on the 1st demo disk with Tony Hawk 2

and

Once while watching a DVD, can't remember wich movie it was. It was from Blockbuster with one of those black pieces of tape on the disk, so I blamed it on that. But it looks like it's just a glitch everyone experiences.
    Not only is my opinion biased, it's better.

Originally posted by Hermes
    Just to add my two cents. I can honestly say that my Xbox has never frozen on a game, dvd or demo disk. I have had it since December and it has always had the dvd playback kit in the 4th controller slot. Are you guys setting your Xbox on carpet or something? Are you touching the disks? The couple of times my Xbox has said invalid media, I ejected the disk and wipped off the tiny smudge that I had inadvertantly left on the outside edge of the disk.
    Nope not touching carpet or hidden behind something. The space around it is all empty allowing circulation easily.

But Agent Under Fire seems to freeze a lot.

It wasn't really a lock up, but during Blood Omen II the buttons on the controller were all doing different things, plus Kain was doing things even if I didn't make him do the action. Not sure if that counts...

My Xbox has never frozen on me. The first one I had for 2 days did; 50% of the time it would freeze up at the logo when you turn it on . I got it from where I work, and I had it in layaway for a while. My friend who worked in layaway said he dropped it and threw it around; that's why it froze. I didn't know whether to believe him or not cause he jokes all the time. So I exchanged it, and this one has had no problems.
    Hidden Content
    who wants to play me...

Thread Information