Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Morrowind and Hunter opinions.

Default My Morrowind and Hunter opinions.

Keep in mind I only played each game for a maximum of 20 minutes. Its usually the first hour or so that decides whether or not i like it anyways...

Morrowind:
    Overall: 6.5/10
    gameplay:6/10 (result from below basically)
    Graphics: 5/10 (bad fps throughout whole game... not just scenes where there is a lot of action. Graphics suck and not enough textures are used)
    Sound: 7/10 can't argue against it, I don't see any other type of music it could have used.

Hunter: The Reckoning
    Overall: 6.5/10
    Gameplay: 7/10 (i don't get how you use the camera stick in this game...)
    Graphics: 8/10 (nothing to brag over but after seeing Morrowind this game looks amazing . But truthfully... the graphics arent bad. Especially the water. If you zoom in you can manage to see that they did a good job on characters)
    Sound: 7.5/10 (nothing to brag over.. the lips did move!!)

Keep in mind these are my initial thoughts on the games. I only played for about 20 minutes or less on each game so I probably am wrong. But I really didn't like how hunter had the 3rd person arcade-like top view of the characters.

6.5/10 for both of them? I don't think there that bad.. I mean, that's still.."ok" but..i was expecting better..but u did only say 20 minutes

Originally posted by XBox Owner
    6.5/10 for both of them? I don't think there that bad.. I mean, that's still.."ok" but..i was expecting better..but u did only say 20 minutes
    only 20 minutes. So it isnt perfect at ALL. I really didn't like Hunter b/c it was so different. I didn't like the four players ina room in third person idea on the same screen.

I guess I ddin't really pursue the story line in Morrowind. I just "tried" to kill the first guy I saw and got recaptured.

Originally posted by wweomaniac

I guess I ddin't really pursue the story line in Morrowind. I just "tried" to kill the first guy I saw and got recaptured.
    lol..this isn't halo now..hehe

only 20 minutes. So it isnt perfect at ALL. I really didn't like Hunter b/c it was so different. I didn't like the four players ina room in third person idea on the same screen.

Morrowind has gotta be one of the deepest games yet!!! get into the story and take pride in your character dont do stupid $hit

Originally posted by XBox Owner

lol..this isn't halo now..hehe
    I remember trying to kill captain keyes. That was fun.

hehe i killed captain keyes and the dam marines jumped me lol.i couldnt even kill one of them.it as like they are immortal when you kill the cap...how come they dont do that crap when we fighting aliens?????maybe they are covenant??????lol

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Originally posted by VeNoMiZA
    hehe i killed captain keyes and the dam marines jumped me lol.i couldnt even kill one of them.it as like they are immortal when you kill the cap...how come they dont do that crap when we fighting aliens?????maybe they are covenant??????lol
    That was so much fun!! No matter how much you hit them they still live!! Even if you use grenades!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Why bother with a "Review" after only 20 minutes of game play??

Was it supposed to physically knock you over as it loaded on to your screen.

If anything Hunter is fantastic from the get go and maybe loses a little as you play.

Morrowind is the opposite, starts off a little iffy but is amazing as you get into it.

But, your intitled to your opinion.

Interesting....you are the first person I've seen that said the graphics in Morrowind "suck". I mean, even biased Gamespot said it looks impressive on the Xbox in their initial impressions.

Maybe you need a new TV or glasses?

Originally posted by DBXNY
    Interesting....you are the first person I've seen that said the graphics in Morrowind "suck". I mean, even biased Gamespot said it looks impressive on the Xbox in their initial impressions.

I think the graphics suck and Ive played it for a few hours. It looks like a PC game. It looks nothing like Halo or Hunter. That doesnt mean its a bad game, though.

You obviously have never played the game. There is no bump mapping, the water isn't that great, the character models suck b/c they lack detail-- they're all "stiff".

This game's graphics do suck and I'll leave it fro you to decide after you've played the game. Perhaps gamespot was talking about the pc version. The frame rate for this game really isn't that good. And it gets worse when there are people around.

The graphics are bad. Exactly like wweomaniac described them. But i still like the game.

You obviously have never played the game. There is no bump mapping, the water isn't that great, the character models suck b/c they lack detail-- they're all "stiff".

This game's graphics do suck and I'll leave it fro you to decide after you've played the game. Perhaps gamespot was talking about the pc version. The frame rate for this game really isn't that good. And it gets worse when there are people around.
    You're right, I haven't played the game nor have seen it yet. So I can't say the game sucks or not. However, I just thought it ironic to hear that the graphics "suck" when gamespot - notorious for being harsh on x-box reviews - says that they are really impressive, as well as many others. They even said "the graphical detail is impressive", which is also consistent with other owners' reviews I've read. They were specifically talking about the x-box version, not the PC.

Here's the link: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...869887,00.html

You're right, I haven't played the game nor have seen it yet. So I can't say the game sucks or not. However, I just thought it ironic to hear that the graphics "suck" when gamespot - notorious for being harsh on x-box reviews - says that they are really impressive, as well as many others. They even said "the graphical detail is impressive", which is also consistent with other owners' reviews I've read. They were specifically talking about the x-box version, not the PC.

Here's the link: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories...869887,00.html
    well people at gamespot are dumbasses. u c what i mean.

Why does everyone think in XBA reviews think the graphics for Morrowind are amaing. everyone seems to be ignorantly giving it 5/5's even though it OBVIOUSLY doesnt deserve five. I'm beginning to wonder whether or not most the people who have written reviews have even played the game yet. I saw maybe 2 or three legitimite reviews, but the rest were bull.

Soldier of the Wasteland EHWfedPres's Avatar

I just got Hunter 2 days ago and Morrowind this morning.

Hunter is dámn hard, but equally as fun and addictive. Im up to the Meat Mill level already...plus I just save a new game for each save glyph thing so that I can play any level that I want to at any time.

Morrowind is a great game. The graphics were toned down a little for the Xbox, but not much. I played Morrowind on my friends conputer with a Voodoo 5 graphics card and both the PC and Xbox versions look very similiar. Morrowind is such a huge game, it will take someone forever to explore everywhere and do everything in the entire game. That includes playing with every single race with different skills and attributes...this game will never get boring.

Originally posted by EHWfedPres
    I just got Hunter 2 days ago and Morrowind this morning.

Hunter is dámn hard, but equally as fun and addictive. Im up to the Meat Mill level already...plus I just save a new game for each save glyph thing so that I can play any level that I want to at any time.

Morrowind is a great game. The graphics were toned down a little for the Xbox, but not much. I played Morrowind on my friends conputer with a Voodoo 5 graphics card and both the PC and Xbox versions look very similiar. Morrowind is such a huge game, it will take someone forever to explore everywhere and do everything in the entire game. That includes playing with every single race with different skills and attributes...this game will never get boring.
    just a little? You sure? I heard there was massive bump mapping on just aboot everything in the pc version. Perhaps he was running a minimum quality.

Keep in mind these are my initial thoughts on the games. I only played for about 20 minutes or less

how about starting your post off with that statement, so I can quickly ignore the rest and move on to a post that ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING.

less than 20 minutes and he has written a review.

good grief.

Originally posted by robnyack

how about starting your post off with that statement, so I can quickly ignore the rest and move on to a post that ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING.

less than 20 minutes and he has written a review.

good grief.
    well for me, its usually the first 30 or so minutes that decides whther or not I'm gong to continue playing the game.

Thread Information