Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!! Xbox problem!!

Default HELP!!! Xbox problem!!

I was playing bloodwake, i turned it off and then right back on again. Then it gave me a dirty disc error. now every disc i put it i get the error. i tried cleaning the disc it didn't work. i also tried a cd lens cleaner which didn't work (but was kind of pointless cuz the xbox couldn't read it to make it work). i called xbox tech support and they said it would cost $130 for repairs. i can't afford that and i think that the problem is something stupid that can be repaired with troubleshooting. does anyone have any suggestions? i'm desperate.

wow.....that blows!

I hate to be the one to say it, but, I'm sure someone will be telling you, "see, I told you that you should have gotten the extended warrenty".

you could try just returning it to the store you bought it from, if you still have the reciept... I know a place like Wal-Mart would do it... Why did you turn it off and then on again right away? Did you do that while you were playing the game? Its not good to do that, but I wouldn't think that it would ruin your xbox....

whoa thats screwed up to the max.
    I don't know what to say.
    Wait a day or two... and see if the problem persists.
    I doubt its the discs that are dirty

i had it playing and then i wanted to "reset" it because i had a code on that i didn't want on anymore

i know u dont want to hear this but did u buy a warrenty. I bought a 2.5 year warrenty. So if anything goes wrong i get a new one. Sorry to hear bout you xbox dont know what to tell ya

Default i got it at circuitcity

I bought it at circuit city about a week after launch. would they let me take it back?

XBA's Official Doctor Snake Eyez's Avatar

I seriously doubt it. The warrenty that you get from the store has already expired, even if you have a receipt. I think that there is nothing that circuit city will do for you.

I hAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!
    Buy another XBOX... BUT HOLD ON.
    Put your old "broken" xbox in the box and refund it.
    Now you have a new xbox and the old one is back in the store.

Hopefully you haven't registered your xbox at xbox.com yet.

Okay so you Turned it off then on real quick?? did you try shutting it off again waiting then turn it on then putting in a Disk?
    also why would you have to reset it to delete a Code, and what game was it that makes you do that so I know not to buy it, also Go to Xbox.com and buy a extended warranty from them, I think you can even if you did get a Xbox from launch , then it will only be 50 bucks maybe that will work,
    Wadical Dwagons! *quote from random game nerd in an arcade when I was a kid in the 80's*

maybe if you get 10 posts ur problems will disappear...

Default extended warranty

can i still buy an extended warranty even though i bought my xbox at lauch? if not i might try and open up my xbox to see if there is something noticeably wrong in there, my warranty is already gone, Right? (please tell me if i'm wrong, cuz i don't want to void a warranty if i do still have something)

Default no extended warranty

i called xbox hotline and i can't get the extended warranty. so i have 3 options: 1. pay for repairs 2. buy a new xbox 3. try to fix it myself

being that i don't have that kind of money to spend. i'm going to try to fix it. i'll take any advice or suggestions.

I would unplug the XBOX for 24 hours, then plug it back in to see if everything is okay again.

Originally posted by WZERGeek
    i had it playing and then i wanted to "reset" it because i had a code on that i didn't want on anymore
    its gods way of telling you cheating is wrong!!!!!!
    Hidden Content

thanks to VeNoMiZA for the sig Hidden Content

Default You Have To Send It In

I had the same problem. Try putting in an audio CD and see if it works. If it does, you have the same problem as me, a bad DVD laser. If it doesn't read CD's either, it could be any number of problems. Try one more thing, delete everything from your hard drive. Some times corrupt files will ruin your Xbox because when the Xbox boots up it reads all of the files. If clearing the HD doesn't work, send it in like I did.

P.S. Mine was under warranty so that's easy for me to say.

Own:
    Halo, NBA 2K3, NFL 2K3, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Splinter Cell, FIFA World Cup 2002, Tony Hawk 2x, Dead to Rights, Sega GT/JSRF, Two Towers
    Sold:
    Max Payne, Morrowind, NFL Fever 2002, NHL Hitz 2002, Unreal Championship, NBA 2K2, Project Gotham Racing, Enclave, Hunter: The Reckoning, JSFR, Amped
    Want:
    BC, Blinx, Breed, Brute Force, Deus Ex II, Doom III, Fable, Halo 2, Loose Cannon, Mafia, Ninja Gaiden, Perfect Dark 0, Star Wars: KOTOR, Star Wars Jedi Outcast, True Crime, GTA 3x(wishful thining, but I wanna own it). 2003 is gonna be the year of the XBOX!
    Hate:
    Unreal Championship, Project Gotham Racing, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive, WWF Raw, JSRF, SSX Tricky, Madden, NBA Live, Enclave, Bruce Lee, Smashing Drive, Medal of Honor: Frontline, Metal Gear Solid Substance, Prisoner of War, more to come...

i tried a cd, no luck. i'm going to unplug it like somebody said. and erase my hard drive. Can i fit halo and about 2 or 3 other game saves on a memory card? i don't particularly want to lose my halo saved game. thanks for all the advice. i'm gonna pray something works. hopefully my xbox hahahha.

Just a quick question, is it potentially a problem of the environment of where the XBOX is? Is there too much heat or humidity? I have had a problem with a DVD player due to the room it was in being too humid one day, I left it somewhere dry to get rid of the residual water......

i don't think it's the environment. but it could be because i took it downstairs to watch a dvd and left it there overnight. then it crapped out on me in the morning but i still got a little bit of playing in in the morning. hopefully that's the only problem. thanks

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

hahaha (not laughing at your situation) get 2 more posts and you are set!

The Classic "UTP Syndrome". lol. I hated it.

Thread Information