Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my xbox purchase..

Question my xbox purchase..

This is what I'm gettin on the day of when i buy my XBOX...

** X-box console(duh)
    ** RF Connector (to connect the xbox to the TV)
    ** 2 Extra Controllers (24$ each from circrutcity)
    ** Halo(As all you guys say its the best game out so I must get
    that game)
    **RalliSport Challenge(I love racing games and u guys say its the
    best one out)

How is that? is that good or should i change a game or something?
    Hit it up?

"I am Kev Van Dam!"
    "The Whole F'n Show!"

Multiple Personalities faceoff508's Avatar

Default Re: my xbox purchase..

Originally posted by Kev Van Dam

You do not need a RF Connector (to connect the xbox to the TV), it comes with it!!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

~Khalid ibn al-Walid (ra), Muslim General addressing the persian rulers 633 CE.

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

Default Re: Re: my xbox purchase..

Originally posted by faceoff508

You do not need a RF Connector (to connect the xbox to the TV), it comes with it!!
    no it doesn't, it comes with A/V cables, if you have an old tv without A/V plugs, you need to get an RF adaptor

Default Re: Re: my xbox purchase..

No it doesn't...stop giving away false info.

If you have an old tv, he MUST buy an RF adapter...

Kev Van Dam, I also reccomend Morrowind. It is a great RPG!

Oh, I dont know these kind of things!!
    "Become Muslim and be saved. If not, accept protection from us and pay the tax. If not, I shall come against you with men who love death as you love to drink wine"

Default Re: Re: Re: my xbox purchase..

Originally posted by Gortholomew

no it doesn't, it comes with A/V cables, if you have an old tv without A/V plugs, you need to get an RF adaptor

You beat me to it...LoL

Its okay, I was just letting ya know.

I have a question though, why do you always put two exclamation marks at the end of everything you say? It is kinda wierd...

i do have a new tv though i have the A/V cables in front of the tv i just dont wanna use em' cause its in front of the tv and the Xbox and the wires will be infront of the tv and it will look messy in front if i would have the A/V wires from the xbox infront of the tv i also have a pair in the back but thats hooked up w/ my DVD player..

Hmmm....

What if I put the Xbox in the living room(as planned) but take out the dvd player and put it back into my room(as it was before my grandma died :'( then we put it in the living room) and since the xbox plays dvds lol I can make that as the Dvd for the living room ..ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I can do it the other way around b/c my tv has the A/V hook ups in the back(mine has 2 white, 2 red, and 1 yellow hole for the A/V hoooks up in back of my tv) so then I can use the xbox as my dvd player for my TV hmmm...which is idea is better??

The first or 2nd.....?
    "I am Kev Van Dam!"
    "The Whole F'n Show!"

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

i do have a new tv though i have the A/V cables in front of the tv i just dont wanna use em' cause its in front of the tv and the Xbox and the wires will be infront of the tv and it will look messy in front if i would have the A/V wires from the xbox infront of the tv i also have a pair in the back but thats hooked up w/ my DVD player..

Hmmm....

What if I put the Xbox in the living room(as planned) but take out the dvd player and put it back into my room(as it was before my grandma died :'( then we put it in the living room) and since the xbox plays dvds lol I can make that as the Dvd for the living room ..ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I can do it the other way around b/c my tv has the A/V hook ups in the back(mine has 2 white, 2 red, and 1 yellow hole for the A/V hoooks up in back of my tv) so then I can use the xbox as my dvd player for my TV hmmm...which is idea is better??

The first or 2nd.....?
    not sure, but can't you put the Xbox through your DVD player, doesn't your DVD player have A/V input plugs?

Hmmm....

The first or 2nd.....?
    Okay, Isee what ypu mean!

not sure, but can't you put the Xbox through your DVD player, doesn't your DVD player have A/V input plugs?

im using those A/V input plugs in the dvd player for my dvd player lol......the A/V plugs are plugedinto the dvd and the back of hte tv for the DVD player to work lol?!
    "I am Kev Van Dam!"
    "The Whole F'n Show!"

im using those A/V input plugs in the dvd player for my dvd player lol......the A/V plugs are plugedinto the dvd and the back of hte tv for the DVD player to work lol?!
    "I am Kev Van Dam!"
    "The Whole F'n Show!"

Most DVD players (if not all) don't have A/V inputs, only outputs.

Kev,

Maybe it's time to invest in a A/V surround receiver. It'll take care of your input woes and give even better sound from your X-box. FYI, you're really degrading the picture and audio quality by using an RF input.

Has the back of the TV got S-Video, Composite (I think thats right the red, blue and green plugs) or Scart, if so then use one of them, You will have to get the advanced or HD pack for your Xbox though. This will give you a much better picture.

But like DBXNY stated get a A/V reciever and make sure it has fibre optic support then you can play Halo in its Dolby Digital glory.

I personally like Project Gotham Racing better than Rallisport... sure it lacks a little bit in the graphics department... not much... I really like the graphics, but it has a lot more depth in my opinion

GRAVEDIGGER

Default ....

Originally posted by Plewis
    I personally like Project Gotham Racing better than Rallisport... sure it lacks a little bit in the graphics department... not much... I really like the graphics, but it has a lot more depth in my opinion
    I see where you're coming from there Plewis, i too prefer PGR as oposed to Rallisport. I find PGR a lot more fun that Rallisport. I have both games but i play PGR a bit more than i do RS.

Untill next time...

Frostberg

Then why give advice that you dont even know to be truthful? Someone might actually listen to you and get the wrong thing!

Originally posted by DBXNY
    FYI, you're really degrading the picture and audio quality by using an RF input.
    Its true, thats what I would be worried about. Not the cluttered look by plugging the AV cables in the front of the TV.

Frostberg

for like a week I had to use RF and it SUCKED! Colors were terrible...nothing looked clean and it didnt even look good...mmm component is so lovely now...

Default Re: my xbox purchase..

This is what I'm gettin on the day of when i buy my XBOX...

** X-box console(duh)
    ** 2 Extra Controllers (24$ each from circrutcity)
    ** Halo(As all you guys say its the best game out so I must get
    that game)
    **RalliSport Challenge(I love racing games and u guys say its the
    best one out)

How is that? is that good or should i change a game or something?
    Hit it up?

As long as you get Halo, you are good to go.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"...Fear not; I am the first and the last:"
    Revelation 1:17

Thread Information